Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially missed this, but I am glad I saw these two videos. The Fox reporter Ted Daniel says in one report that the taxi fare was $38 and in the other he says it was $39. I guess he wasn't sure?

Authorities have previously said in a criminal complaint that there was a standoff involving gunfire before Dzhokhar's capture.

Watertown Police Chief Edward Deveau told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Saturday that it was his understanding that the suspect fired from the boat.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I think the criminal complaint filed against DT would be though.
I would agree. In this part of your post which I've snipped and bolded above, you say the complaint mentions "a standoff involving gunfire". That's a fact, and as far as I know, it's not in dispute.

I would agree. In this part of your post which I've snipped and bolded above, you say the complaint mentions "a standoff involving gunfire". That's a fact, and as far as I know, it's not in dispute.

Bessie, with all due respect I think saying "there was a standoff involving gunfire" does not mean that a guy was hiding in fear in a boat and the police were shooting at it.
Since he had no weapon, he was not shooting.

It's a long way though from the FBI hearing 'chatter' about Manhattan. I think we should be careful about what we are spreading around on here.

You are completely right. :blushing: That was stupid of me. Writing without thinking it through. My apologies to everyone.

IMO, mom is most def trying to stir the pot, incite another attack on us. She does not mince words, At the camera screaming she hates us! Pretty clear in the context of the last week - no?

bbm

Really? I must have missed that. She's out of her mind, clearly.

In the CNN interview I saw today she seemed a bit calmer, or rather: she looked completely washed out, weak and exhausted. No surprise. She also seems lost, clinging to every straw, it seemed to me. I imagine she's online all the time, trying to find "proof" that her sons are innocent. She was talking about a video she saw that supposedly showed or explained that the whole bombing was staged.

I don't think that she gets less info than you in the US get. Yes, there will be much less TV coverage but clearly she is online and follows the investigation and all the news on the web. (Like I do, for example.)

I have thought it obvious they only have what the dagestan and russian govts want published in the media and that may in no way correspond to what the public here gets. Which is why i cut her some slack as i have no way of knowing what she is seeing and hearing while in grief and shock.

The only slack I cut her is I think she's off her rocker and I don't think it would matter what info she was given. She was spouting loose change conspiracy crud a few years ago to her facial clients.

If even half the reports about her history are true she's nuts, I'm sorry she lost her kids but I'm certainly not going to be hanging on her every word.

There is no question the standoff involved gunfire. It is true that Chief Deveau said gunfire was coming from the boat, which he qualified with, "it is my understanding". IMO, that's hardly a definitive, official statement.

Deveau's statements about the boat start around 1:20 here.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/boston-details/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
IMO, an amazing and stunning amount gunfire - when I first heard it I thought "shootout" is ACCURATE! Talk about over kill - and the amazing thing is they did not hit him!

I just had the chance to watch the extended interviewof the shoplifter mother of the bombing suspects. Lordy, what a self-serving nutcase she is! For those of us who have spent a lot of time on another thread trying to figure out the personality disorder of Jodi Arias, well, here's another one to diagnose.

Histrionic, paranoid, delusional, but clearly enjoying the attention. Seems to be becoming more and more "Islamic" in each interview. I notice she did not wear the head gear in her shoplifting arrest photo. Oh, and she sure minimized that little problem when the interviewer asked her about it, didn't she? What were her words? "That is not important to me."

Hah! I hope if this idiot ever tries to set foot on American soil again that she is handcuffed by authorities the moment she steps off the plane!

--------------------

In another item of interest, I reexamined the photos of the interior of the bombers' apartment. Women's shoes can clearly be seen in two photos. Would these belong to the wife or the mother, I wonder? Two different female shoes can be seen in the shot of the sporting goods and then a pair of women's sandals can be seen in a photo labeled "motor oil found in house".
Also, in that second shot, look carefully at around the middle left of the photo, there is what appears to be a pair of very small sized female type shoes underneath a suitcase. Do these appear to be a little girl's pair of shoes?

This apartment looks like a pig stye to me. Old and dirty with beat up chairs at that table. If the American wife was actually living here and/or allowing a toddler to be living here, shame on her. (One story I read quoted a neighbor as saying she used to see the little girl looking out of the window.)

In my opinion, these people were all scum. Bottom feeders. Sucking off our resources and taking advantage of our generous nature as Americans.

The more I see of the mother with her very badly done penciled in eyebrows the madder I get!

-----------------

And another thing. The mother has herself convinced that the "naked guy" was her son. She is sure of it. Very sure. Because "I am mother. I know my son".

And another thing. The mother says she "saw a video" in which all the blood at the bombing scene "was paint". And she thinks it was "all a show".

I've not seen any "video" regarding this. I saw a still photo of Jeff Baumann, on the ground with his leg(s) blown off, with a written narrative stating that "here is where the actor puts on the prosthesis that makes it appear that his leg has been blown off" and that "all that red stuff you see is paint".

I personally find these writings to be obscene. That anyone could be crazy enough to think this up and write this type of garbage blows my mind.

And I'd bet that the victims surely wish it was "all a show". This mother is a full out nutcase. I am totally, totally offended by her saying "that was all paint" in referring to the blood of the many victims.

I am going to hope that we have heard the last of her. Because anyone who interviews her any further is doing a real disservice to all of the victims of these bombers - her two sons.

Enough!!

"Reid: Background Checks for Explosives
* Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) has introduced a bill that would require background checks on anyone buying explosive powder (which is what Tamerlan Tsarnaev bought in February). Reid introduced the bill for Sen Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), who’s been out sick (TRNS, Hill)
* Under current law, people can buy up to 50 lbs of explosive “black powder” with no background check, and can buy unlimited amounts of other explosive powders
* Lautenberg’s bill would let the AG stop the sale of explosives if a background check shows the applicant is a known or suspected terrorist (duh) and if there’s a belief the explosives will be used for terrorism. It would also require a permit to make homemade explosives
* The Violence Policy Center says that since the 1970s, the NRA has worked (successfully) to block federal regulation – including background checks on transfers – of black and smokeless powder (here we go)"
http://www.talkradionews.com/news-n...ews-notes-thursday-april-25.html#.UXmsYUpRySo

Well, we'll see if this can make it through. Like I said before, if I can be carded for buying Bic Lighters at Target then everyone should be carded for buying explosives.

Does anyone else think its weird that DT and his friend,"shared" a cellphone. I have never heard of anyone doing that. Especially people who don't live together.

I initially missed this, but I am glad I saw these two videos. The Fox reporter Ted Daniel says in one report that the taxi fare was $38 and in the other he says it was $39. I guess he wasn't sure?
I saw that!
In written article it says $39.00 and in the video, the reporter says $38.00. Is there no editing or care for accuracy?

IMO, an amazing and stunning amount gunfire - when I first heard it I thought "shootout" is ACCURATE! Talk about over kill - and the amazing thing is they did not hit him!

How is it overkill if, like you say, they did not hit them?

I would only describe it as overkill if they hit them and kept firing hundreds of bullets into them.

JMO

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/25/the_changing_facts_in_the_boston_investigation/

Suspects’ arms – After the manhunt, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said the brothers were “heavily armed” and numerous reports detailed a fairly extensive arsenal. According to a New York Times report from April 21 citing a law enforcement official, “The authorities found an M-4 carbine rifle … two handguns and a BB gun.” Now unnamed sources say there was only a single 9mm pistol between the two brothers. Indeed, photos of the shootout suggest only one brother had a weapon.

Boat gunfight? – Police initially reported that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev fired on police when they found him hiding in a boat Friday night. “It was back and forth … yes — he was firing,” Watertown Police Chief Ed Deveau told CNN Saturday (though the FBI cautioned at the time that only federal authorities had official information). In its definitive “tick tock” of the events, the Washington Post reported that the suspect inside the boat “was shooting back.” But later, the Washington Post and the AP reported yesterday that Tsarnaev was unarmed when police found him after what what was described as a gunfight. As it turns out, police may have been spooked by an errant shot, and fired into the boat, but apparently zero shots came out.
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/25/the_changing_facts_in_the_boston_investigation/

These are the main examples of LE misspeak that I was aware of. It bothered me because I know it wasn't just bad reporting by the press, it was a changing story from the source (LE). Either they deliberately misspoke, or they spoke before they had information.

Speaking before the information was verified, yes, I'll give you that. Thus, Deveau qualified his statement with "it is my understanding", which the Salon post conveniently omits. It was foolhardy on his part to speak prematurely, but it hardly equates to a plot to fool the public which some have suggested.

Perhaps the lesson to be learned is for the consumers of the news, the readers and listeners, who could benefit by exercising prudence when discerning facts from non-facts. JMO

Does anyone else think its weird that DT and his friend,"shared" a cellphone. I have never heard of anyone doing that. Especially people who don't live together.

For his friend's sake, if he is an innocent, hopefully it wasn't the phone used to detonate the bombs.

I saw that!
In written article it says $39.00 and in the video, the reporter says $38.00. Is there no editing or care for accuracy?
Yes, each video is different. And then of course the article.

Bessie, with all due respect I think saying "there was a standoff involving gunfire" does not mean that a guy was hiding in fear in a boat and the police were shooting at it.
Since he had no weapon, he was not shooting.

I'm not sure why it's so important that he had a gun or not, if he shot at police or not when in the boat?

What did or didn't happen at the boat is only the result of seeds sown in Boston at the bombing, at MIT by the ambushing and cold blooded murder of a police officer, a carjacking at gunpoint and a shootout with police the night before where they exchanged gunfire and tossed homemade bombs at the police only to be punctuated by trying to run over LE with an SUV and getting his brother instead.

By the time they got to the boat who cares if he had a gun? They don't know if he has a gun or a bomb or an explosive vest on. If LE seems a little quick on the draw... yeah well can anyone in their right mind blame them? These people (LE) are not robots, their living and breathing people who were dragged through a nightmare scenario and had real genuine reason to fear for public safety and that of themselves. In the end I think they showed incredible restraint and professionalism under the circumstances.

10 years ago following 9/11 it would have been a sniper shot through the boat tarp then lets go see if he's armed

Ohhhhh....I have CBS Evening News on and got a load of this Mother of the Year screaming, beating her chest, slamming her hands down on the table.....what a performance.

Yes, reports have said that it could have been triggered by a cellphone, too. Another example of mixed messages.

I know they said it could have been a cell at first, but then I thought they said it WAS an R/C remote after collecting pieces of the bombs.

Maybe I'm mistaken.
I don't think it's mixed messages about the detonation device, I think it's updated information as the investigation unfolds.

Again, I could be wrong. I don't read every post/article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat