Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she might have just been in denial. I mean, if I saw a friend or family member wanted on the news, I'd call them and be like "Dude, did you see the news? What's going on?". I'd want to hear what they have to say because it's hard to believe someone I know would do such a terrible thing.

Btw, I have been lurking in these threads ever since the bombing happened; I just finally decided to join. :)

I'm a little behind on some things though. Did anyone investigate into why the suspects were at MIT that night or where they built the bombs? I feel like they probably didn't build it at home since DT was living in dorms right? And TT was living with his daughter?

Welcome!
You know up till about 20 years ago I would probably call my friend as well, but not today. I would be thinking of a way to delete my # from their phone.

No that part has not been talked about that I have seen/read, (why they went to MIT). You bring up a valid point though. Why were they there?

I think she might have just been in denial. I mean, if I saw a friend or family member wanted on the news, I'd call them and be like "Dude, did you see the news? What's going on?". I'd want to hear what they have to say because it's hard to believe someone I know would do such a terrible thing.

Btw, I have been lurking in these threads ever since the bombing happened; I just finally decided to join. :)

I'm a little behind on some things though. Did anyone investigate into why the suspects were at MIT that night or where they built the bombs? I feel like they probably didn't build it at home since DT was living in dorms right? And TT was living with his daughter?

Welcome Myster!

I find the narrative of KT being in denial and/or unaware quite hard to believe...even though she had been working out of the home 70 plus hours/week.

I do agree the brothers may not have been building the bombs at the home.

Her phone conversation should have continued with...and get into LE now to explain. It's her husband and they have a child together...that's what one would do in that position, IMO, since her attorney states that she had no prior knowledge.

Interesting that her brother-in-law quickly gave up the info about her call to them.

"I agree but want to add that I don't include the two Tsarni brothers into that assessement. They seem to be ok."

21merc: This poster is referring to the Uncles. Notice the spelling of the name. Both of them shortened the family name. (Attorney Uncle and Construction Worker Uncle) Granted it would have been more clear if poster had referred to them as Uncles.

----------------------

About the American wife, articles saying she "dropped the child off" only hours before the bombing. What does this mean? If she was living there, why would she need to "drop off" the child? And if she was not living there, where was she living?

Plus, if she had to go there to retrieve a cat, she was likely living there.

--------------------

Okay, I have rethought the above. She could have been living there but had been gone to visit and stay with her parents over that weekend. Had to be at work on Monday morning, so she "dropped off" the child at the apartment. Where she lived. And never cleaned.

"I agree but want to add that I don't include the two Tsarni brothers into that assessement. They seem to be ok."

21merc: This poster is referring to the Uncles. Notice the spelling of the name. Both of them shortened the family name. (Attorney Uncle and Construction Worker Uncle) Granted it would have been more clear if poster had referred to them as Uncles.

I hope you are right. Thanks.

I'll leave it to the Feds to decide about the Uncles. Just 'cause I like one speaking out, doesn't cover him, he knows the general public is of no use too.

According to Steve Hayes ( a reporter with the Weekly Standard) in his interview with Greta Van Susteren on Fox News, Jahar told investigators during his pre-Miranda interrogation that KR called Tamerlan on Thursday April 18 to tell him the FBI was looking for him.

Thursday April 18 was the day LE released the video footage of the suspects.

The company says the 1.25-volt battery seen in the photos is sold in retail outlets and is frequently used by hobbyists for various toys, including radio-controlled cars and trucks.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/NorCal-com.../rsss_2.0/-/hmhp0z/-/index.html#ixzz2RbGLCtzz

bbm

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Bay-Area-Companys-Battery-Used-in-Boston-Bombing-203471191.html

Tenergy says the batteries, called the Sub C-3000, are manufactured in China, and are typically used to power things like remote control cars.

Boston bombing suspects' mom in terror database

EILEEN SULLIVAN, AP
1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. intelligence agencies added the mother of the Boston bombing suspects to a government terrorism database 18 months before the bombings, two officials told The Associated Press. She called it "lies and hypocrisy" and said she has never been linked to crimes or terrorism.

The CIA asked for the Boston terror suspect and his mother to be added to a terrorist database in the fall of 2011, after the Russian government contacted the agency with concerns that both had become religious militants, according to officials briefed on the investigation. About six months earlier, the FBI investigated Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his mother, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, also at Russia's request, one of the officials said. The FBI found no ties to terrorism.

The revelation that the FBI had also investigated Zubeidat Tsarnaeva and the CIA arranged for her to be added to the terrorism database deepened the mystery around the family. The Tsarnaevs are ethnic Chechens from southern Russia who immigrated to the Boston area in the past 11 years. Tsarnaeva, a naturalized U.S. citizen who has appeared on television interviews since the attacks and reversed her decision to return to the U.S. after the bombings, has said her sons could never have been behind the deadly attacks and believes they were framed...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20130426/US--Boston.Marathon-Terror.Database/

The company says the 1.25-volt battery seen in the photos is sold in retail outlets and is frequently used by hobbyists for various toys, including radio-controlled cars and trucks.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/NorCal-com.../rsss_2.0/-/hmhp0z/-/index.html#ixzz2RbGLCtzz

bbm

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Bay-Area-Companys-Battery-Used-in-Boston-Bombing-203471191.html

Tenergy says the batteries, called the Sub C-3000, are manufactured in China, and are typically used to power things like remote control cars.

Those batteries are of no importance. They are batteries. Not specific to any use. You can buy them on ebay for whatever you want. Ecigs, toys, cameras, camcorders, anything that takes batteries. I don't understand the focus on cheap batteries available everywhere????

Maybe, maybe not. This analysis by Cornell law professor, Michael C. Dorf is worth a read.

How does all of the foregoing cash out? I think it's a fairly close case, although I strongly suspect that, if it came to it, most judges would find the sort of interrogation I'm envisioning falling within the public safety exception. My point here is simply that it's not an obvious slam dunk. The seriousness of the threat is doing a lot of the work.

http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2013/04/the-scope-of-mirandas-public-safety.html

http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2013/04/another-way-to-read-fbi-memo-re-public.html

And a 2011 article by FBI Special Agent Carl A. Benoit.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/february2011/legal_digest

Thanks for these references. I read them and have a few questions. Are there any verified legal experts on this thread to answer questions?

From abovelinked xfinity article:

"Anzor and Zubeidat said Tamerlan had been influenced by an ethnic Armenian emigre from Azerbaijan whom they knew only by the name of Misha.

"Tamerlan very much respected him for him knowing Islam... He was (saying) like, 'Mom, look at him, he prays, he is fasting all the time'," said Zubeidat, who describes herself as a devout Muslim and said she was inspired to become more religious by the man called Misha.

The family said they had met the man in the Russian-speaking diaspora in Boston in 2007.

U.S. officials have said Tamerlan became more radical from around 2009.

"I wasn't praying until he (Misha) prayed in our house, so I just got really ashamed that I am not praying, being a Muslim, being born a Muslim ... while Misha, who converted, was praying," Zubeidat said.

"When he used to come to our house, there was nothing not to like about him. (He) was very nice, very gentle," she said."

Did we know that Misha was "an ethnic Armenian emigre from Azerbaijan"?
Surely there were others in the Boston area who met/interacted with this person.

---------------------------
ETA: HLN reporting about transfer of bomber to prison facility, describing intake procees and the "cell" the prisoner would be put into. ???

The patient must have made an astoundingly quick recovery to be going from ICU to a cell?

I read the figure last night. I don't have the link handy, and won't try to go from memory, but I do remember the number was great. Much larger than I imagined.

About a year ago, there were some 745,000 names in the database. Intelligence analysts add names and partial names to TIDE [Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment] when terror-related intelligence is shared with them.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20130426/US--Boston.Marathon-Terror.Database/

<snip>
Did we know that Misha was "an ethnic Armenian emigre from Azerbaijan"?

I think this is the big question... has anyone but mom claimed that was this guy's background? Other than those that mom told her about.

Does anyone think that comment on a youtube video by TT is a clue to who Misha is?

Click on the Fox News link in the blue banner on the top of the box & it will take you to the video.

Greta Van Susteren is a Fox News host & commentator.

Thank you! Doesn't look very good for KR right now. My opinion: there's no excuse for doing what she allegedly did (warning them).

Hi Myster! :seeya: re the bolded paragraph: acc to Greta's interview linked above she did not call to ask him "what's going on?" but clearly to give them a heads up.

I feel like this is a really provocative but vague thing to say. No one has ruled out another person. I don't think anything COULD rule out another person - you can't prove that negative. It will never be known.

I feel like saying this is more or less political - leverage to get into the debate about enemy combatants and the timing of Miranda rights.

I would prefer if they said this in the context of evidence that there was another person, group, cell, etc. involved. So far, from what we've been told, this was a low-tech exercise. Remote controls and timers aren't tricky. So far this has also appeared to be low budget. Pressure cookers in backpacks. Pipes. Beebes and nails. A single gun. Holding up a Mercedes and asking for cash. A last minute decision to bring some bombs to NY. Where is the huge hole in the story where another person, group or cell answers an otherwise unanswered question? This, IMO, is where the discussion of co-conspirators should originate. Not vague, generic, "I can't rule out other people" rhetoric.

Over the last week I have heard several experts on CNN doubting very much that the brothers pulled this off alone. I tend to believe them. And today was reported that the trigger they used was NOT described in the Inspire manual online, so how did they learn that?

I haven't caught up, work and all. Probably can't for a while.

But what do you mean here?

The 2 men that just bombed the Boston Marathon? They are okay? They just tried to destroy hundreds of people. Has everyone forgotten that quickly? They were on the terrorist list for a reason. what did they do once they laid low for years and looked all comfy?

If you are all believing the news that you are told, even when we are being leaked that now mom was on the list, and they were just angry young men, I think world news would be helpful.

respectfully snipped for space

21merc7, yes, AlwaysShocked is right, I was refferring to the uncles. That's why I used their name, Tsarni, instead of the family's original name Tsarnaev. Sorry for the confusion! Of course I don't think the two bomb suspects are "okay"!

But what do you mean by "world news would be helpful"? I'm watching CNN and read several online news outlets.

Thank you! Doesn't look very good for KR right now. My opinion: there's no excuse for doing what she allegedly did (warning them).

Hi Myster! :seeya: re the bolded paragraph: acc to Greta's interview linked above she did not call to ask him "what's going on?" but clearly to give them a heads up.

Over the last week I have heard several experts on CNN doubting very much that the brothers pulled this off alone. I tend to believe them. And today was reported that the trigger they used was NOT described in the Inspire manual online, so how did they learn that?

respectfully snipped for space

21merc7, yes, AlwaysShocked is right, I was refferring to the uncles. That's why I used their name, Tsarni, instead of the family's original name Tsarnaev. Sorry for the confusion! Of course I don't think the two bomb suspects are "okay"!

But what do you mean by "world news would be helpful"? I'm watching CNN and read several online news outlets.

if the mom is as much of a nutcase as she appears to be, I think it's possible, once she was forced out of the US on shoplifting charges, she convinced her sons to perform this act of terrorism on her behalf against the US, under the guise of Islam or the mother/son bond or whatever.

I would be willing to believe that, but I am still having a difficult time with "Where was the daughter"... didn't KT say she dropped her off just hours before the bombing? Why can't we get a clear answer on where she was living and what their arrangements were? It seems odd that TT would take say he'd take care of his daughter on the day of the bombings. Where was KT she called TT about the pictures, at work? Who else did she call when she realized it was their pictures.

Nothing about their living arrangements makes sense. I remember reading a statement from KR's attorney that said she dropped off their daughter for TT to care for on the morning of the bombings, but I'll be darned if I can find it now.

As others have pointed out, if she & Tamerlan were living in the same apartment, she wouldn't need to drop off their daughter to him. If she was living elsewhere, then it would make sense.

Nevertheless, if she dropped their daughter off to Tamerlan on Monday April 15, or on Thursday April 18 (as her attorney has stated), then who was caring for the toddler when the two terrorists were bombing, killing, & maiming people @ the Marathon, and who was caring for her when the two terrorists were assassinating Officer Collier, carjacking & kidnapping the Chinese guy Danny, and being chased by LE all over Boston (immediately after she called Tamerlan to tell him the feds were looking for him)?

Somebody knows the answer to this question. I would hope that KR knows the answer to it.

Per Fox. Zubeidat details the health problems that prevented Anzor's travel today: head and stomach (because of nerves) and high blood pressure.

Have we ever checked out about the man on roof at the blast site? (sorry i wasn't here in the early stages)

If you zoon on that photo, you can see a grill and chairs. This was obvoiusly just some guy enjoying the weather.

Agreed. This is what bothers me. This makes the FBI look weak, IMO, but I do want to give them the benefit of a doubt, at the same time. I'm so conflicted! If I allow myself to criticize the FBI, then I have to admit that we are really not that safe.

It just boggles my mind that the FBI asked the public for help in identifying the suspects, when they had already investigated one of them!

they wavered about releasing the pix. I wonder if it was some sort of social media experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz