Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really! and hearing Boston Globe reporter this am saying the ordeal lasted 90 minutes. I had not idea he was in their presence that long.

Knowing what we know now it is very very interesting to go downstairs to the scanner thread to read and relive it!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om-pcsAhZs0"]Boston Bombing Suspect: Raw Video of Tamerlan Tsarnaev? - YouTube[/ame]
I wonder if it's really Tamerlan. Gabriela Andrade, in a post, suggests that it may be Bibo Boboev. I looked him up and it does look like Bibo. This was on DT's facebook page.
Do you have a link to it? I'll try to translate it.

Can't help but wonder if the US "agencies" didn't put their money on the wrong horse. Gave "asylum" to a couple of loose cannons, so to speak...IYKWIM..........

Dad beat up in the streets of Boston by "three athletes" hummm...
Family flying back and forth to Russia while on US Welfare. hummmm...
Son, on welfare, attending an expensive State school...room and board but no one seems to have a job. huuummmm....
Son associating with anti Russian terrorist, neo-con US group, but actually sides with the rebels.
Three of that son's friends have there throats cut and Dad goes back to Russia about the same time. hummmm....

Anyone want to add to this?

(This is some f'd up stuff)

Small correction - the Jamestown Foundation actually appears to be *supportive* of the anti-Russian rebels in the caucuses region (or, at least the ones that are not Islamist, but more nationalistic; I haven't dug down that deep yet lol). But yes, very neo-con in the sense of extremely hawkish towards middle eastern Muslim nations, and hard-line pro-Israel. And now their president in writing in the WSJ urging us to get more involved in the caucuses region. :what:

So apparently this Jamestown org fired former head of the Bin Laden Section Michael Scheuer back in 2010 or so, after he criticized US policy towards Israel, and how it affects terrorism/Islamism.

This is an odd, odd group for Tamerlane to be found in association with. pro-Israeli, extremely hawkish towards the Muslim Middle East?

Not really. I'm sure he hated Russia more than he hated Israel. As of the old saying goes, "the enemy of my enemy is a friend."

JMO

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/26/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Boston bombing suspects' family leaves Dagestan home, not coming to the U.S.

The parents of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects have left their home in Dagestan for another part of Russia, the suspects' mother Zubeidat Tsarnaev told CNN Friday. She said the suspects' father, Anzor Tsarnaev, is delaying his trip to the United States indefinitely.

Meanwhile in Boston, their son Dzhokhar, the surviving bombing suspect, was transported to a federal detention center hospital, a federal law enforcement official said Friday. His brother and alleged co-conspirator Tamerlan was killed in a gun battle with police last week.

bbm,http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dev/

Would love to hear Uncle Ruslan on this!

Not really. I'm sure he hated Russia more than he hated Israel. As of the old saying goes, "the enemy of my enemy is a friend."

JMO

It's not so much the anti-Israel stance that surprises me that TT would be associated with, it's the hawkishness towards Muslim nations in the Middle East. TT's radicalism appeared more religiously motivated than nationalistic, so I find it surprising he'd attend a conference linked with a group he would probably consider hostile to Muslims.

sorry, double post (don't know how this happened)

youtube video looks to be of someone goofing around, and that person doesn't even look like TT.

I don't know which video you mean but there was one mentioned in the previous thread and someone (I think gramcracker) translated it (or found a translation):

Is this what you meant?
Sorry I wasn't more specific. LOL! In my own little world. I was referring to the youtube I posted above that was on DT's facebook page. Thanks.

I saw that a few days back and wondered as well what was being said. Looking forward to seeing translation.

Why? That isn't even TT. This appears to be BB (some guy who has no connection to this case) who is doing various accents. This video appears to be absolutely useless to this discussion.

I have a question re the reading of the miranda rights: it seems from what we heard that DT was answering questions before they read him the miranda rights and stopped answering questions afterwards. My question is: is he not allowed to answer questions anymore (by his lawyers) or does he suddenly not want anymore? Why did he cooperate before and now not anymore? He could have not said anything from the start. Did they force him to talk?

I know that after the miranda right have been read "everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law", so is that the reason why he talked before and not after? Because before, they can't pin it on him no matter what he says?

I have a question re the reading of the miranda rights: it seems from what we heard that DT was answering questions before they read him the miranda rights and stopped answering questions afterwards. My question is: is he not allowed to answer questions anymore (by his lawyers) or does he suddenly not want anymore? Why did he cooperate before and now not anymore? He could have not said anything from the start. Did they force him to talk?

I know that after the miranda right have been read "everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law", so is that the reason why he talked before and not after? Because before, they can't pin it on him no matter what he says?

Anything he said before being given Miranda rights can not be used against him in a court of law. I don't know why he stopped cooperating, exactly. But presumably because he was told anything he says after Miranda can and will be used against him in a court of law.

He could talk if wants, but I'm sure it would be against advice of counsel. It's possible he could reveal further information later if a deal is worked out for LWOP. I expect his lawyers believe they can avoid the death penalty without his cooperation so I don't expect him to say more, but it could happen. All MOO

Thank you!

Anything he said before being given Miranda rights can not be used against him in a court of law. I don't know why he stopped cooperating, exactly. But presumably because he was told anything he says after Miranda can and will be used against him in a court of law.

bbm - Is it possible that he didn' t know that? I thought it's kind of common knowledge.

He could talk if wants, but I'm sure it would be against advice of counsel. It's possible he could reveal further information later if a deal is worked out for LWOP. I expect his lawyers believe they can avoid the death penalty without his cooperation so I don't expect him to say more, but it could happen. All MOO

What does LWOP stand for?

Is cooperation not a better move to avoid the death penalty? Especially if he would provide information that could help to avoid further attacks? Wouldn't that give him a more favourable response from judge and jury?

ETA: LWOP = life without parol, right? (just figured it out)

This article / opinion piece from The Los Angeles Times might help put it in perspective. It discusses the public safety exception which was put into play before any questioning began.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion...lic-safety-exception-20130423,0,6020756.story

"On Friday, the U.S. attorney in Boston said the Justice Department was invoking a "public safety exception" to the Miranda rule that in most cases requires police to advise suspects in custody of their right to remain silent and their right to an attorney. Under the exception, announced in a 1984 Supreme Court decision, police may forgo reading a suspect his rights in the interests of public safety — and if the suspect then makes an incriminating statement, it can be used at trial."

More, of course...

Key words being "public safety". There is a time limit as well.

Good article in the Wall Street Journal

It will ultimately be up to a court to decide which, if any, of the statements Mr. Tsarnaev made before he got the warning could be admissible evidence for the prosecution.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323789704578444940173125374.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member