GUILTY Thailand - David Miller, 24, & Hannah Witheridge, 23, Koh Tao, 15 Sep 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with you, Zwiebel. It would be nice to have the UK confirm the DNA analysis, separately. It is hard for me to fully accept the confessions because we all know how problematic they can be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29470965

Thailand's police commissioner said DNA samples taken from Ms Witheridge's body matched those of two Burmese men who are in police custody.

Of course it did :blah:

So now, we still *probably* have these murderers wandering around that island waiting til the next time they fancy raping and destroying to innocent backpackers. It's not somewhere I'd want anybody I love going to after all this.

"Win [the suspect] went on to say that later on they had seen the two British tourists walking towards a cluster of rocky reefs and were romantically embracing and cuddling each other. Win stated that he was curious and grabbed a garden hoe and went to sneak a peek of the couple making out. He admitted to being sexually aroused and along with his two accomplices had used the hoe to beat the male tourist and then dumping his body in the sea. They then proceeded to rape the woman and finally killing her by hitting her with the same garden hoe"

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-migrant-workers-confess-rape-murder-british-tourists/

We NEED this DNA to be tested by someone other than the Thai authorities. I would love to believe the article is all true but am doubtful.....

So on Thursday, news breaks that the Brits are offering technical assistance to help RTP in their investigation and within 3 hours the RTP announce they have 3 suspects detained and have confessed to the crimes. How very convenient.
I suspect that the RTP didn't want anyone outwith their own people looking in or over their shoulder, so they quickly resorted to the tried and trusted scapegoat option. DNA results returned in hours LOL

With regard to the confession, Bangkok Post are reporting the guy confessed to being in CCTV pictures, but not the murders. None of the suspects have had legal representation while being held in a 'safe house'.
All this on the back of a taxi driver bravely coming out and saying the RTP beat him up and tried to get him to bear false witness to the crimes.

This whole investigation is outrageous.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...g-to-murders-of-british-tourists-9772017.html

"Two Burmese men were paraded in front of the media in Thailand today after apparently confessing to the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller.

The authorities said DNA results, closed-circuit television footage and other evidence backed up the men’s confessions that they raped and killed Ms Witheridge, 23, and murdered Mr Miller, 24"

"Win [the suspect] went on to say that later on they had seen the two British tourists walking towards a cluster of rocky reefs and were romantically embracing and cuddling each other. Win stated that he was curious and grabbed a garden hoe and went to sneak a peek of the couple making out. He admitted to being sexually aroused and along with his two accomplices had used the hoe to beat the male tourist and then dumping his body in the sea. They then proceeded to rape the woman and finally killing her by hitting her with the same garden hoe"

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-migrant-workers-confess-rape-murder-british-tourists/

We NEED this DNA to be tested by someone other than the Thai authorities. I would love to believe the article is all true but am doubtful.....

How close is the path they were murdered to the nearest hotel or bar? Wouldn't the two have been screaming, especially Hannah since according to this account they killed David first and then raped her, so she had to witness the whole gruesome thing. She would have fought, screamed I'd assume.

Did the ocean muffle any sounds? Was there loud music in any bar close by? Did nobody hear a thing??

So bizarre, who sits singing and playing guitar under the stars, by the lovely water and upon seeing a young couple, drops everything, grabs a garden hoe and then, brutally, savagely rapes and kills ???

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2014/10/boiling-water-and-beatings-claim.html

Three of the out of group of nine Burmese who were friends of the two who now face the death penalty in Thailand for murder the murder of two British backpackers were tortured by Thai police six days ago, it was claimed today.

Boiling water poured over them as well as beatings. Pics were uploaded, but then taken down. Same pics were sent to the Burmese embassy, who are now involved.

I'm reading that one of Hannahs friends had Hannahs mobile phone in her hand bag on their night out and handed it over to police the following day. Yet police are stating they found it on the residence where their Burmese scapegoats live.

If the above is true, how thick are the RTP? I do hope this is being investigated by Brit media and law enforcement.

I'm reading that one of Hannahs friends had Hannahs mobile phone in her hand bag on their night out and handed it over to police the following day. Yet police are stating they found it on the residence where their Burmese scapegoats live.

If the above is true, how thick are the RTP? I do hope this is being investigated by Brit media and law enforcement.

Where did you find that info?

Wondering how all the people in shops and restaurants, ect, detected something suspicious, if the workers did not speak the language and rarely went out?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Rape-suspects-charged-30244751.html
bbm

"Citing from the "confessions" of the two suspects, police said they entered Thailand about two weeks before the double murders, at dawn on September 15, and worked at AC Pub as general workers. The men said they hardly left the pub, as they had limited knowledge of the Thai language.

Another police source said the three men had been monitored secretly after police detected signs of suspicious behaviour after interviewing staff at AC Pub and all shops and restaurants.
One of the men, who police did name, had dyed his hair from gold to black after the crime took place.

The two told police that they had raped the woman and killed her, before stealing her mobile phone and other belongings, and destroyed the unit at the back of their living quarters. They said they had continued to work at the pub, as police had prevented all workers from leaving. Win managed to leave the tourist island on a night boat trip a few days ago but he was arrested when he reached Surat Thani."

Further photographic evidence to add to hannah's friend who is quoted by drummond:
i'm afraid i haven't been able to add the photo as an attachment but if you go to 19th post down (by bongoz) on this page:-
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...d-to-guard-two-myanmar-men-on-koh-tao/page-11
you will clearly see to the right of the frame at the policemans desk hannah's very distinctive orange phone with purple case.
To confirm this view the last photo of the group taken at choppers bar where the same distinctive orange phone in purple case is in front of hannah on the table.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...tish-backpackers-murdered-on-Thai-island.html

They had it all along.It was planted behind the burmese guys's cabin.Incontrovertible evidence of police lies and scapegoating.Lying dogs.

Makes no difference now to the families. May their lovely children rest in peace.
May karma catch up with the real perpetrators.

Further photographic evidence to add to hannah's friend who is quoted by drummond:
i'm afraid i haven't been able to add the photo as an attachment but if you go to 19th post down (by bongoz) on this page:-
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...d-to-guard-two-myanmar-men-on-koh-tao/page-11
you will clearly see to the right of the frame at the policemans desk hannah's very distinctive orange phone with purple case.
To confirm this view the last photo of the group taken at choppers bar where the same distinctive orange phone in purple case is in front of hannah on the table.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...tish-backpackers-murdered-on-Thai-island.html

They had it all along.It was planted behind the burmese guys's cabin.Incontrovertible evidence of police lies and scapegoating.Lying dogs.

Makes no difference now to the families. May their lovely children rest in peace.
May karma catch up with the real perpetrators.
Good spot.

I'm not convinced at all of their guilt. In all the photos I've seen the police seem to be "leading" the accused in their confession. I've seen ones where the accused are pointing one way whilst police are trying to get them to poibt another, police manipulating the accused into various positions when reenacting the crime and even police demonstrating how the hoe was wielded. Pffttt

What an absolute disgrace. The only way to stop this travesty is for Thai authorities to accept outside forensic help.

I have seen, across social media, signs of a 'campaign'. 'Visitors' randomly posting/tweeting pics, text of the 'paradise island' of Koh Tao. In batches, all within an hour or so.

Unfortunately, they have been swiftly drowned out by breaking news of these terrible murders on Koh Tao, which make it seem more like the island from hell.

I just want to say that if someone is thinking this is a 'PR thing' that can be glossed over, they are wrong. If you want a tourist industry, you need good governance, authorities and law enforcement to keep them safe.

I have no faith in Thai Law Enforcement at this time, or those who govern them.

I think the British Foreign Office should issue a warning about visiting Thailand, in the light of this.

Good spot.

I'm not convinced at all of their guilt. In all the photos I've seen the police seem to be "leading" the accused in their confession. I've seen ones where the accused are pointing one way whilst police are trying to get them to poibt another, police manipulating the accused into various positions when reenacting the crime and even police demonstrating how the hoe was wielded. Pffttt
I do not believe these are the guilty ones even remotely.
http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2014/10/boiling-water-and-beatings-claim.html "boiling water and beatings claim"

Earlier in the investigation they said they had tested all staff at AC for dna and everyone was clear until..oops..suddenly they had missed a few of them only to take dna now.

I also do not believe the story about the condom they found that only had hannah's dna on it. I believe there was a group of men, definitely more than two and that the ringleader/powerful boss and instigator of the attack began it using a condom and that the police have not tested him or the dna inside the condom.because.lies for money.
I feel extremely terrible for david's girlfriend who has not only lost him but has to contend with the thai police's insinuation that he was about to be or was unfaithful before the attack.The police have zero dna evidence for this.
I read that they got the latest dna of the "murderers" tested "extra quickly", within only two hours. Impossible.Utter codswallop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back