Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Still Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Them waiting is starting to make more sense. No way can those boys swim ALONE in the cave and survive, if a trained SEAL lost his life doing it. These boys if any are just learning how to swim. I hope their attempt to keep water out works. They will probably find out soon as the rain comes.

They are still attempting to install phone line/fiber cable which tells me they are either preparing for this to be a long haul rescue or they want to give the boys a chance to say goodbye to their families because there is no way to get them out. :(
Trying to think positive-- I think they are preparing to try to keep them alive in the cave for months, if necessary, and also hoping to walk them out at some point if they can get the water low enough. Trying to get the boys and coach to dive in these conditions, when they cannot even swim and are weakened already, means CERTAIN DEATH, IMO. Waiting and continuing to work on draining the water may mean they have a higher chance of getting some of them out alive. It's so hard to be patient, but all I can do is believe that the people on the ground have the best first hand knowledge of the changing situation. MOO.

I'm surprised they don't have a device so they can communicate with each other, or maybe when you get low on air you don't realize it until it's too late to alert someone? It's be SO long since I took my course which I failed miserably.

Also, what about dive buddies? Maybe the elite divers don't have a dive buddy?

The RichardBarrow tweet that CreepCrusher posted just above your post says that his dive partners tried to resuscitate him but he was pronounced dead at 1am Thai time.

They are still attempting to install phone line/fiber cable which tells me they are either preparing for this to be a long haul rescue or they want to give the boys a chance to say goodbye to their families because there is no way to get them out. :(
Trying to think positive-- I think they are preparing to try to keep them alive in the cave for months, if necessary, and also hoping to walk them out at some point if they can get the water low enough. Trying to get the boys and coach to dive in these conditions, when they cannot even swim and are weakened already, means CERTAIN DEATH, IMO. Waiting and continuing to work on draining the water may mean they have a higher chance of getting some of them out alive. It's so hard to be patient, but all I can do is believe that the people on the ground have the best first hand knowledge of the changing situation. MOO.
BBM above. This has been my fear. They want the boys to have a chance to talk to their parents regardless, because they may not ever talk to them again.
I agree with the rest of what you wrote as well. My opinion has now completely changed. I don't want the kids to dive now. No way.

"A former SEAL diver who was helping in #ThamLuang has died due to losing consciousness."

Nobody dies from losing consciousness. He had insufficient oxygenated blood flow to his brain which caused him to lose consciousness and then he died from this anoxia. Why? Was he trapped in that skinny passageway that the boys are supposed to traverse, couldn't free himself, and his tank ran out of O2?

Leave the boys where they are safely located. Create something where they can climb higher in the cavern if it starts to flood. Start drilling!

"A former SEAL diver who was helping in #ThamLuang has died due to losing consciousness."

Nobody dies from losing consciousness. He had insufficient oxygenated blood flow to his brain which caused him to lose consciousness and then he died from this anoxia. Why? Was he trapped in that skinny passageway that the boys are supposed to traverse, couldn't free himself, and his tank ran out of O2?

Leave the boys where they are safely located. Create something where they can climb higher in the cavern if it starts to flood. Start drilling!
It would be great if it were that easy but it's not. They are running out of oxygen. Three of them can't even move. The public might be witnessing their deaths. I pray that isn't the case, but this is getting much scarier.

I had hoped that news conference was a 'plan' but it was a death notification etc.
I am going to bed, hoping to hear they are out of the cave in the morning.
The Guardian UK is the best 'live updates' if anyone wishes to follow it.

It would be great if it were that easy but it's not. They are running out of oxygen. Three of them can't even move. The public might be witnessing their deaths. I pray that isn't the case, but this is getting much scarier.
In one photo of a site near the cave entrance, there were dozens of oxygen canisters that were larger than an adult male. They are inserting a hose in which to pump oxygen into their cavern.

Well, crap. :( The death of the diver, Saman Kunan, is a real punch in the gut. May he rest in peace and know he is our hero.

This just underlines how bad conditions are down there.

It was very odd that they shut off some of the pumps last night. Did they have to shut them off to search for this diver?

They had shut off the pumps the night before too. I don't know why they do that.

The families must be destroyed by news of the death. moo

And the coach especially - feeling responsible :(

BBM above. This has been my fear. They want the boys to have a chance to talk to their parents regardless, because they may not ever talk to them again.
I agree with the rest of what you wrote as well. My opinion has now completely changed. I don't want the kids to dive now. No way.

I have also changed my opinion now. Wait, drill, pump, is safer imho.

In one photo of a site near the cave entrance, there were dozens of oxygen canisters that were larger than an adult male. They are inserting a hose in which to pump oxygen into their cavern.

They have done this since last night. Oxygen started getting low yesterday.

Very sad for the SEAL and his family :(
He died a hero.

<modsnip: snipped quote that was removed>

They are far below the ground. You can't just drill a hole because how large the distance is. Regardless of which country this is happening in.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are areas near the boys' cavern that are approximately 1600 feet below the ground. See the diagram.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 9.50.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 9.50.46 PM.png
    898.9 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics