Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: I’m hearing from a military source that 2 more boys have been rescued from #ThamLuang. That would be Wild Boars 9 & 10. Only 3 more to go @Newshu
Conor Whitten on Twitter

Oh wow! This is amazing. After that amazing volunteer passed away, I worried that these boys would not escape this nightmare.

Tears of joy are all over my face. Those pesky tears of joy.

I feel as if I am in love with the world.

What a great tribute to humanity!
Websleuths has been incredibly busy and took a while for me to get back in. The tone of the Reuters feed is very anticipatory.
Everybody wants this over and all safe. But in the background I still hear the whacking of bushes. The Reuters guy deserves a bonus. lol

That hanging wire was not there last night, that is a good observation, wonder if they needed more juice or something? And yes he needs to get more in focus, nice job on the pruning, but focus now please or I will go gaa gaa watching all night...lol
The hanging wire has been there for days. It looks like a temporary telecommunications wire for the checkpoint.

22s ago 05:23

Confirmed: ninth boy rescued
Michael-Safi.jpg

Michael Safi

A Guardian source has confirmed that a ninth boy has been rescued from the cave.

6m ago 19:18

Reports: 'ninth boy rescued'
Both CNN and Reuters are reporting that a ninth boy has been rescued. Reuters cited an official with knowledge of the operation. CNN cited two sources: a Thai navy source and a member of the rescue team.

The Guardian in trying to get confirmation.

19m ago 10:04

Chefs anticipate this will be the last rescue day as they prepare a vast vat of stir-fried pork for the rescue workers, Guardian contributor Veena Thoopkrajae reports. BBM

veena T.(@veen_th)
Chefs' Association of Chiang Rai is cooking what they called "last meal for Seals". The dish called "Klua Kling" spicy stir-fry minced pork, a popular Southern dish. #ThaiCaveResue #ThaiCaveBoys #thamluang @safimichaelpic.twitter.com/Z4htYF4paj

July 10, 2018
27m ago 09:56

Thailand’s prime minister, Prayuth Chan-ocha, has met relatives of the boys trapped in the cave. On Monday he was due to visit the cave, but postponed the visit for fear of disrupting the rescue operation. He stayed in nearby Chiang Rai where the rescued boys are being treated.

3500.jpg

Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha poses with relatives of boys trapped in the flooded Tham Luang cave Photograph: HANDOUT/Reuters
33m ago 09:50

AP says an ambulance has been seen leaving the site of the cave. But there has been no confirmation that a ninth boy has been rescued.

3380.jpg

An ambulance leaves from the Tham Luang cave area as the operations continue for those still trapped inside the cave in Khun Nam Nang Non Forest Park Photograph: Ye Aung Thu/AFP/Getty Images

Are they getting the ones that are in more urgent need of medical care first? How do they decide that?

Yes. The way they are doing this triage is most urgent health concerns first, then the rest. It's actually broken into three codes (or four when triaging especially dire circumstances.) The young men they got out on the first day were weakest. The following day, the stronger ones, and today, probably the very strongest of all, plus the coach who, in spite of being weaker is going last, doing his duty to get his team out.

All of them are going to be very weak, have eyesight problems, may be sick due to the water quality and lack of UV light, will all be in need of controlled food so re-feeding can be done, might have severe psychological issues and a host of other issues.

But the good news? Our Wild Boars have persisted and are going to triumph. They may have entered that cave boys, but they are coming out men.

amanda hodge‏Verified account @hodgeamanda
amanda hodge Retweeted Julie Bishop

Australian divers and volunteers, part of the mammoth rescue effort to free the last of the Wild Boar footballers from #Thamluangcave

amanda hodge added,

Dhu8KjvUEAAWsS8.jpg

Julie BishopVerified account @JulieBishopMP
Our thoughts are with Thai-led team rescuing 5 remaining at #ThamLuangCave. 20 Aussie @AFP @DeptDefence @DFAT personnel are assisting
1f1e6-1f1fa.png
1f1f9-1f1ed.png
@NatTraumaCentre #AUSMAT
2:22 AM - 10 Jul 2018

This Global effort still chokes me up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper