Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - Officials Believe 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hasn’t the US sent in any experts? Have we none?
We have the latest seismic 3D equipment, oil drilling equipment, and best-trained geophysicists and engineers. We could drill a hole at one of the lower mountain points (only a 1/2 mile, not directly above the boys, but before the skinny, long passageway) and remove the boys. I recommend Cactus Drilling!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 9.50.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 9.50.46 PM.png
    898.9 KB · Views: 8
On the cave divers forum someone mentioned there are still 4,
yes 4 sump areas still- where the water is very deep and moving
very quickly with force- and these are the areas, as well as the
narrow tunnel, that will be impossible for the boys to pass through unless they scuba dive w/ air.
I wouldn't want to be one of the divers who OK bringing a boy
out unless I believed I could safely get him out. Having a kid
drown in your arms while you're helpless to do anything would
be frightening.
Seems there's now concern that the dry area where they are now
could flood to the ceiling if heavy rain come in Sunday.

Ugh... They are diving with zero visibility. Once they dive, they may not even know if something bad happened until they come out at the other end with a dead kid. :(

The water is currently lower than it was. Yes there's rain coming, but they can still keep pumping.

I don't like the idea of them waiting as I'm worried that the new influx of rain will just cause stronger currents and eddies in the water, but if they can keep pumping they should be able to keep the chamber dry where the boys are, right?

We have the latest seismic 3D equipment, oil drilling equipment, and best-trained geophysicists and engineers. We could drill a hole at one of the lower mountain points (only a 1/2 mile, not directly above the boys, but before the skinny, long passageway) and remove the boys. I recommend Cactus Drilling!
I did hear yesterday on the news that the US had sent expert cave rescuers.

Oh Jessuz!!!! it was such a moment when they were found. Alive. And now...……..If a Navy Seal says it then it's not a go. If it were me leave me some meds so I don't die suffering or watching the water rise and drown. I'm so very sorry for them all. My heart breaks for the Family. Can they get a miracle and survive the months ahead????

bbm It was wasn't it. It was so wonderful. When I logged on the next day I fully expected the evacuation to be in full swing.

I start to understand now slowly why so many are against the diving option. The current , the long narrow passages, no visibility, the boys' weakness .... They need to pump out more water! Sat YES to Elon's offer!!

I just hope that weather forecast is wrong. They often are. Last month the monsoon started here and every forecast was about strong rains, "torrential downpours", flooding expected etc. And then, after a couple of thunderstorms the rains just stopped. Monsoon took a break. It didn't rain at all for another 5 days or more. This was totally unexpected.

Monsoon is very unpredictable, so I still have hope that the forecasts are wrong.

Look at the diagram to the left of the lovely lady in the plaid outfit. That is an area less than 1/2 mile above the boys. Drill! Always have a backup plan!

Or the area where the red mark is. I don't like the idea of drilling forward of the point where the boy's are and risking compromising the only escape route.

What is their opinion on this situation?
He thinks that they shouldn't wait, they need to try to take them out as soon as possible. I don't think some of these kids will make it if they wait. Conditions can change very quickly and make it impossible to bring them out. He thinks that if they wait and the rainy season begins, not only will the kids drown but probably the rescuers will too. Sounds pretty bad.
I believe that they should be consuming nourishment to build their strength and then should be taken out, even if the kids have to dive.

They must create some type of ladders for the boys to remain FAR above the water level should their cavern flood.

From the mountain, they should start drilling a hole into the cavern next to where the boys are located. It could take weeks to break through to that cavern.

Then adult divers should duct tape the masks around the boys heads so they absolutely couldn't come off on their short "swim" (accompanied by a Navy Seal) to the neighboring cavern.

Then the Seals could attach cables to the boys and allow them to be pulled up and out of the cave.

Sadly, unless you are a geophysicists and familiar with the Thai jungle caves, you don't know what they can/cannot do. Its quite possible that a cave could totally collapse under the weight of the equipment. I know the British Cavers had some fancy equipment in Britain that was sending them the best and latest updates on geophysical 'stuff' to help get the kids/coach out. some sort of analysis of the cave formation etc.

They will do their very best, there are lots of experts on hand and available online from around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member