Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - Officials Believe 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might just need to stop reading this thread for a while. This is really getting my anxiety up. I'm just so worried for these kids. I can't imagine being a parent of one. As someone mentioned further up thread...I'd need to be sedated if I was one of the parents just waiting to see if my child got out alive.

I hope they aren’t just putting off what they believe is going to be a failed rescue attempt until the last minute. Please let these boys and rescuers survive this! It just seems like they don’t have any faith. They were optimistic about finding the boys alive. Now everybody’s tone has changed.

"We are trying to find alternative techniques to reach the 13," Chiang Rai Governor Narongsak Osottanakorn told reporters late on Thursday."

"Regarding the plan for the 13 to swim or dive, there is only one critical point which it is risky: It is where every boy has to dive alone. The point is very narrow ... It is very deep water. The distance is pretty long," said Narongsak."

"Others say the boys could be out in days if the weather is on their side and enough water can be pumped out of the cave to enable the boys to get out the same way they got in, on foot, perhaps with some swimming."

Tham Luang cave: As water levels recede, rescuers inclined to evacuate stranded 13 before rains aggravate floods

Live video here explaining they want to reduce the water level so they can bring them out without diving:

Rescue in Thailand: Water levels dropping as workers pump water from cave

They also say there are 'whirlpools' that are very dangerous.

In this video they said they are also working on building a dam upstream from where the water flows into the cave system so that they can keep reducing the water levels. The dam will allow them to reduce the water by 40 cm per hour instead of the 1 to 2 cm they are currently pumping out. I hope this works.

So every article I read, whatever the scenario, the general gist is, these boys are going to die.
They'll die while trying to get them out; they'll die if they stay there.
That's pretty much all I'm seeing.
I hope Elon Musk's pumps can keep the new rain water from flooding the rest of that hellhole.

Forget any precise drilling - please just blast the side of that mountain off, then bore into the chamber to get them out!

Sorry,
I'm just having a meltdown over here.

Yet what are they breathing all those months if they stay. We have a good friend that just died yesterday. He was simply cleaning out his barn in May. Spring here. Yet wet, damp and chilly. Treated for several months for a lung infection. In and out of hospital several times. Each time rallied. 2 weeks ago sent to our world renowned Hospital In London Ont. Too late. On a respirator and died. Apparently he was inhaling something from rodent etc. type droppings.

Dear Bravo,

I'm so deeply saddened to hear about your dear friend.

It's so hard to lose a friend. Sometimes when I have good news to share or a laugh or something bothering me, there are a few people I immediately think of to call. And then I remember. It's hard.

Thinking of you,

So every article I read, whatever the scenario, the general gist is, these boys are going to die.
They'll die while trying to get them out; they'll die if they stay there.
That's pretty much all I'm seeing.
I hope Elon Musk's pumps can keep the new rain water from flooding the rest of that hellhole.

Forget any precise drilling - please just blast the side of that mountain off, then bore into the chamber to get them out!

Sorry,
I'm just having a meltdown over here.
I agree. Those boys can’t swim alone right now. No wonder why they’re waiting. The pumps seem like their only hope. They need to get more and go to town in the area where the boys would have to swim by themselves. Turn that into a walking area. Drain the heck out of the most dangerous spots! Focus on that now!

Last edited:
While waiting for news I'm watching the live stream on ABC. It gives me a feel for all of the activity at the camp, Rescue, Police, Army, Women w/food, a pig (yes a pig), chickens, trash being put out, ambulances in and out, trucks full of staff, etc.
ABC News Live Video
I wish I could watch that! My wi-fi has crapped-out, and I have severely limited cell data... and still have three more weeks in July to try to stretch it out.

"We are trying to find alternative techniques to reach the 13," Chiang Rai Governor Narongsak Osottanakorn told reporters late on Thursday."

"Regarding the plan for the 13 to swim or dive, there is only one critical point which it is risky: It is where every boy has to dive alone. The point is very narrow ... It is very deep water. The distance is pretty long," said Narongsak."

"Others say the boys could be out in days if the weather is on their side and enough water can be pumped out of the cave to enable the boys to get out the same way they got in, on foot, perhaps with some swimming."

Tham Luang cave: As water levels recede, rescuers inclined to evacuate stranded 13 before rains aggravate floods
Read the second paragraph above- there's no way those boys
are capable of diving ALONE for a long way-
Just as I thought, the expert divers are refusing to start the extracation because it's a death sentence to get the boys to
that long narrow area and expect them to get through it and LIVE. What a dilemma.

Oh Jessuz!!!! it was such a moment when they were found. Alive. And now...……..If a Navy Seal says it then it's not a go. If it were me leave me some meds so I don't die suffering or watching the water rise and drown. I'm so very sorry for them all. My heart breaks for the Family. Can they get a miracle and survive the months ahead????

In this video they said they are also working on building a dam upstream from where the water flows into the cave system so that they can keep reducing the water levels. The dam will allow them to reduce the water by 40 cm per hour instead of the 1 to 2 cm they are currently pumping out. I hope this works.

Dear Gardener1850,

Thanks for sharing this bit of good news!

How uplifting to hear of different strategies being used!

Building this dam is brilliant yet a simple idea at the same time.

To Those Who Pray:

To those who pray... Stop.
Whomever, Whatever, Wherever your Higher Power is...
if you pray ...it's time to stop praying.
...It is now time to demand a miracle.
Demand a miracle.
It is time to cash-in our chips for all the years of blind faith, and reap the return on our servitude.
These. boys. need. a, miracle.
An all-encompassing miracle.
No more praying -- start demanding!

Lord, God, Jesus, Buddha, St Jude, St Benedict, Kannon-sama, Waheguru, crystals, Spirit Energy, the Power of Positive Thinking --
-- your choice.
Don't pray for a miracle.
Demand a Miracle.
Believe it will happen.
KNOW it will happen.
KNOW it will happen.
KNOW it will happen; because of your faith.
Knowing = Faith
Faith = Knowing

Let us all Know that these boys will make it out; and return home alive, well, happy and safe!

~*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member