THC in Trayvon's system

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesnt really matter - IMO trayvon could have sat under a tree and been nodding off from a heroin fix and that still doesnt make it okay for someone to walk up to him and shoot him.

I've seen it said that everyone's trying to play like trayvon was perfect, no one is perfect, I for one never think any such thing. what trayvon WAS, was a normal teenager. come on, we were all in high school....anyone playing the "GASP!! but marijuana is ILLEGAL" thing is coming off as rather...innocent.

it doesnt really matter - IMO trayvon could have sat under a tree and been nodding off from a heroin fix and that still doesnt make it okay for someone to walk up to him and shoot him.

I've seen it said that everyone's trying to play like trayvon was perfect, no one is perfect, I for one never think any such thing. what trayvon WAS, was a normal teenager. come on, we were all in high school....anyone playing the "GASP!! but marijuana is ILLEGAL" thing is coming off as rather...innocent.

Bravo. Post of the day to you, sister.

is this significant?

Please be civil and remember Trayvon is dead. This thread is to discuss the potential ramifications of testing positive for pot in a victim of homicide.

What do you think and show respect for Trayvon please.

Respecfully snipped for space.

I don't believe it is significant. What would be significant to me would be what was in GZ's body at the time.

bbm

Is that why it's called 'high' school? Never thought about that before. I am joking of course.

I don't think it means anything. I smoked my share of pot in the 70's and early 80's, and quite a few of ya'lls shares, too! :) Yet, I was a straight A student, honor student, worked, helped my parents, and never got into any trouble. IMO, the fact that TM liked to smoke and the fact that he may have gotten in trouble are not necessarily connected. Pot smokers aren't usually aggressive A-holes. They can't remember where they put their shoes, and get sidetracked by a box of Twinkies and a bag of Cheetos while looking for them! :)

I disagree. It is a big deal.
As a parent, I teach my daughter to respect authority and follow rules and laws.
If something is illegal, you just don't do it.
It's illegal for a reason.

The attitude that it's no big deal is just a wrong lesson to teach our kids IMO.

You're correct that things are illegal for a reason. However, that reason may not be the one that "seems" the most obvious. Marijuana's legal status originally had more to do with the lumber industry and politics than marijuana itself.
Here's a couple of resources where you can read up on the history of the laws re: marijuana:
http://norml.org/component/zoo/cate...ixty-years-of-marijuana-prohibition-in-the-us

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...jLWGBw&usg=AFQjCNHn3-2QjUZjsbJXwMHUq-b1KafuTw

Additionally, there are a lot of laws on the books across the nation which are literally silly--in my hometown it's technically illegal NOT to smile. So essentially I suppose the entire town and every visitor is a criminal.

I really really wish we knew what was in GZ's system that night, if anything. Alcohol is known to assist people in losing inhibitions and many people become aggressive when using alcohol. Not so much with pot.

Also, I'm highly offended to see that behaviors such as cutting are seemingly being put in the same category as marijuana usage. Cutting is a mental health issue. Perhaps doing research on things could assist folks with understanding those things.

Finally, how does the THC in TM's system really affect the shooting? Does this information make the shooting more justifiable? I don't think so. I guess I'll answer myself and say that it really doesn't have any bearing on the shooting. I worry, though, that this will become an excuse to drag TM through the mud (yet again). I hope that isn't the case, though.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love you, 2goldfish? You rock (where have all the smilies gone? Imagine the rock one here)

Well, if stoners voted, it would probably be legal. Stoners don't typically vote, though, and a politician would have a HUGE uphill battle trying to legalize marijuana when the folks who reliably vote are against it.

I wish it were legal too, but I don't see any politicians who believe that way successfully getting in to office.

Huh...is there a link to the statistics showing the voting rate of "stoners?" I don't think a large amount of Oregonians got that memo.Thanks in advance.

Well that's true. It makes some people terribly paranoid. Some people can either be relaxed or paranoid, depending on . . . I don't know what.

The folks I've viewed who became paranoid were usually very reluctant to leave the location they were at. As in, "I'm feeling paranoid, I don't want to go out in public." Seems logical to me.

I think if we tested the teenagers in my area, 90% if them would have THC in their systems.

Also...most people that smoke regularly do not act high, get the munchies, or randomly fall asleep...you can't even tell. I think its a moot point regarding Trayvon. JMO

I do not think it matters at all that Trayvon had THC in his system.

I dont believe Trayvon needed to have a reason to go to the store ,it is open and a public place.
Why does he need a plausable explaination other then he wanted skittles and a tea?

So what he had a lighter?

What impact does that have on the facts of the case that matter ?

Is there a new way to get high and rob people by cooking up skittles in a tea can ?

The thc is irrelevant. Yes, it is illegal, to the same level as a 17 yr old drinking a beer. If you drank any alcohol before you were if age, you too are a criminal. The residue he had at school would be about the same legally as underage alcohol possession.

My private thought that I haven't shared here previously is that he didn't go right home and, thus, avoid George completely because he may have been waiting for someone to hook him up. That would also explain why he was so concerned about someone watching him that he confronted George and why he got a call overlapping the girl friend's call that's not been explained. It also would explain why he picked up a lighter at the convenience store. I skimmed this stuff quickly while I was in the airport waiting for a flight, so I could be wrong about this, but I think I remember specifically reading that it was a red 7-11 lighter found on his person. jmo

I also noticed that he had quite a bit more money on him than originally stated. Maybe he also went to the 7-11 to get change of a $50. also jmo

The 7-11 video was released last night and clearly shows him buying his skittles and iced tea with exact change. Also, I didn't see him buying a lighter in the video, neither do I remember it being on the receipt (I don't think we actually saw the receipt but IIRC there was an early report that the authorities stated he just bought iced tea and skittles). Finally, I apologize for not knowing this, but could someone be so kind as to direct me to where it's stated he had a lighter on his body? I haven't had time to read all the documents yet. tia

I think his now verified use of marijuana provides a very plausible explanation for why he went to the 7-11 in the first place and didn't go right home afterward. Aside from whether smoking pot in and of itself is a crime or a big deal. jmo

I understand this is your opinion, and I respect that:) However, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share what facts your opinion is based on other than him having THC in his system. I guess what I'm wondering is, what leads you to choose to think he was attempting to buy pot that night? Like, how would he have a pot hook-up in an area he didn't live in? Pot isn't as easy to buy as iced tea LOL. Also, was there something found on him that could be used to smoke pot, besides the iced tea can, which was full and therefore hadn't been used for smoking?

Also, I'm wondering if you can clarify what you mean by he didn't go right home afterward. I thought he was on his way home, and that he may or may not have been walking at a "slow" or slow-ish pace, presumably in order to have some time to talk to his girlfriend in private.

IMO, the only thing the THC does is give some credence to GZ's initial suspicion. It would have been much worse for the defense if the tox tests had come back clean so, at the very least, it's a wash. And even a wash favors the defense perspective.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

The thc is irrelevant. Yes, it is illegal, to the same level as a 17 yr old drinking a beer. If you drank any alcohol before you were if age, you too are a criminal. The residue he had at school would be about the same legally as underage alcohol possession.

Yes, I smoked weed and drank alcohol at 17. Dang, I lived close to Hollyweird and UCLA we did a lot of crazy things.

But I tell ya what, that doesn't give anyone an excuse to shoot me as I am walking down the street going about my bidness!

MOO

Mel

The 7-11 video was released last night and clearly shows him buying his skittles and iced tea with exact change. Also, I didn't see him buying a lighter in the video, neither do I remember it being on the receipt (I don't think we actually saw the receipt but IIRC there was an early report that the authorities stated he just bought iced tea and skittles). Finally, I apologize for not knowing this, but could someone be so kind as to direct me to where it's stated he had a lighter on his body? I haven't had time to read all the documents yet. tia

BBM.

Serino's report, page 4 of 7:

One red "711" brand name lighter.

Yes, I smoked weed and drank alcohol at 17. Dang, I lived close to Hollyweird and UCLA we did a lot of crazy things.

But I tell ya what, that doesn't give anyone an excuse to shoot me as I am walking down the street going about my bidness!

MOO

Mel

What?!?!?!? O.M.G. The shame Melanie, the shame....

IMO, the only thing the THC does is give some credence to GZ's initial suspicion. It would have been much worse for the defense if the tox tests had come back clean so, at the very least, it's a wash. And even a wash favors the defense perspective.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

What does smoking pot have to do with breaking into houses? And GZ did not know about the THC in TM's system. This would not help him. A lot of people smoke pot and it tends to stay in the system for a long time afterward. This is just a red herring distraction, nothing more.

fwiw, that was a theory I had before I knew about the lighter and speculated about the change. So I still think it's a plausible theory about why he was dawdling around outside not wanting to go home or been observed, particularly since he was going to be stuck at his dad's for a period of time, had an older cousin in the area -- so clearly he had some contacts, and had some overlapping calls/texts on this cell during that time frame.

Like I said, I'm not surprised or terribly concerned that he was a pot smoker. To me, it's just a possible explanation for how he came to be not home when he easily could have been. jmo
jmo

eta: I just saw your other post with questions about why I think this. I think I answered them here, even though I didn't know they had been asked lol. And, although I'm not a pot smoker, let's just say I'm drawing on some personal experience in similar situations. :::we need an incognito emoticon:::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!