The 6 minute phone call when JH failed to talk to anyone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was the mom that had the medical emergency? I must have heard wrong. I'm going back to the video after lunch. That would be really, really interesting. I suspected he perhaps had an affair with someone at the daycare. If it's her (or anyone) I wonder how long until they roll. Maybe, they have this weekend and we just don't know!!

If he was involved with someone at the daycare, I don't understand HOW he could "forget" to take his son, since that would be the only time during the day he would get to see this person. SURELY he recalled he had not seen his "friend" that day.

The next witness that was being called before the church lady was Melissa Sellers (spelling??). ETA: Since the person was being called between his cop brother and his church friend to say that he is not a flight risk, I assume that this person would also be about to testify on his behalf.

Now, with that being said - maybe someone can open up a new thread so that we can analyze the hearing bit by bit. This one is about the 6 minute phone call.

Maybe this person got wind of the things being said and withdrew support?

Here's the thing. If RH was simply distraught and trying to get to his child, out of his mind with grief I could understand it. (the FU)

But this man brags about being formerly involved in LE, a jailer (reddit) and a dispatcher. He is or should be well aware of police procedure at scene's such as this.

So for him to act in that manner is a flag to me given a short time later he was speaking cop talk like one of the boys at the station.

Was he seen talking and then pausing like a normal conversation during that period? I can't help he was faking the long call to avoid talking to police, somehow.

Problem is Stoddard said Home Depot doesn't have a voice mail system that can hold a 6 minute message. And there was a 6 minute connection so him talking to dead air wouldn't make a difference, he still made a 6 minute connection... If, and it's a big if, there's an innocent explanation it would be that either he was put on hold for a period of time when he was being transferred to the daycare room, or the call continued for a bit after the officers took his phone, IMO. Still, all reports so far say he was conversing while on the phone...

ITA that whatever their plans were for the day, they backfired, something went really wrong - one being how the daycare events unfolded. Too weird to be coincidence...

Some times when leaving a voicemail i will push a button to listen to how i came across to make sure it sounded correct. Perhaps he was leaving a voicemail and then wanted to listen to it to make sure he sounded the way he wanted to and the voicemail so he didn't have to erase it and do it again?

ETA ... corporate voicemail systems allow you to do this. Additionally corporate voicemails allow you to go into multiple boxes and leave multiple voice-mails for different people with one phone call.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I posted a response to this earlier, but then deleted it because I wasn't sure.

I just watched the relevant portion of Det. Stoddard's testimony again, and he said they don't have RH's phone records from AT&T yet - he anticipates it taking 6 weeks or more.

It was confusing at first, because of the way the prosecutor asked the original question about RH's phone logs/records, until he specifically asked Stoddard if LE has the records from the service provider and Stoddard said no.

So, the info regarding calls, texts, etc. at this point has come from LE looking at RH's phone.

Is it just AT&T?
I can go to Verizon's website at any time and see who I have called. I lost my phone and was able to retrieve numbers that way, since it plugs in the name from my contact list and is not just a list of times and phone numbers. Also, they have his phone. Can they look at the history? Do they want us to believe they DIDN'T?

At that point I would not be thinking about her job, I would be thinking about my family.

In that case I could understand. I have no doubt YOU would be thinking of your family.

He was not, he was thinking of himself.

Is it just AT&T?
I can go to Verizon's website at any time and see who I have called. I lost my phone and was able to retrieve numbers that way, since it plugs in the name from my contact list and is not just a list of times and phone numbers. Also, they have his phone. Can they look at the history? Do they want us to believe they DIDN'T?

Legally i believe they would need a subpoena getting records from the phone company. They had his phone in custody .. That is a different story. :moo:

I also believe that the information about the call length and the number dialed, etc comes directly from his phone at this point.

I remember reading that several witnesses saw and heard him definitely talking to someone on the phone for some time. The officer asked him to get off of the phone twice and then he responded with "FUC# you!". At that time the phone was taken from him and he was handcuffed and put into the patrol car. They have had the phone since that time.

I'm glad that Justin...Ross...whatever probably didn't plan on his phone being confiscated so maybe he hadn't had a chance to go through and delete everything yet.

If the officer that took the phone did not hang up, would the call continue until the person on the other end hung up?

If JRH called a number (daycare) and say another call waiting came in & he answered it, without JRH actually disconnecting from the first number he called, could that be the six minutes on his phone by the LE just looking at the phone itself & no info yet from the carrier?

I can't wait until more is released.

If his call went to VM at LAA, Stoddard stated that the VM system was not set up to take such a long message and would have cut him off.

Some times when leaving a voicemail i will push a button to listen to how i came across to make sure it sounded correct. Perhaps he was leaving a voicemail and then wanted to listen to it to make sure he sounded the way he wanted to and the voicemail so he didn't have to erase it and do it again?

ETA ... corporate voicemail systems allow you to do this. Additionally corporate voicemails allow you to go into multiple boxes and leave multiple voice-mails for different people with one phone call.

Shades of Jodi Arias perfecting that creepy voice mail to TA... Stoddard said on the stand that the call was forwarded to CH's daycare room, so I'm assuming they know where and how the call was placed, but, perhaps not what was said, according to Stoddard they had not yet to spoken to the recipient of the call.

ETA... My guess is they were able to find out how the call was routed through Home Depot's internal records, like a switch site...
All jmo.

If the officer that took the phone did not hang up, would the call continue until the person on the other end hung up?

Yes, the call would continue until either the recipient hung up, or someone from JRH's end hung up...

All jmo.

Problem is Stoddard said Home Depot doesn't have a voice mail system that can hold a 6 minute message. And there was a 6 minute connection so him talking to dead air wouldn't make a difference, he still made a 6 minute connection... If, and it's a big if, there's an innocent explanation it would be that either he was put on hold for a period of time when he was being transferred to the daycare room, or the call continued for a bit after the officers took his phone, IMO. Still, all reports so far say he was conversing while on the phone...

ITA that whatever their plans were for the day, they backfired, something went really wrong - one being how the daycare events unfolded. Too weird to be coincidence...

Suppose the message to LH asking when she was going to pick up "his buddy" was her cue to go to the daycare. She didn't go right away, obviously, and the plan started falling apart from there.

Interesting possibility. But would he "fake talk" to a dead line for 6 minutes? And we know from the hearing that the daycare doesn't have a 6 minute messaging system. So he can't have been leaving voice mail.

Maybe he was babbling at one of the other toddlers.

ETA: although if ROSS reaching the daycare by telephone was part of their plan, perhaps that's why he was so agitated when LE told him to get off the phone. He *really* needed to reach the daycare.

I bet he wasn't expecting LE to be on the scene as quickly as they were.

That was my point. Read this line again please. "What if he was saying it on an answering machine and then to a dead line". Police have already verified that a 6 min. phone call took place from RH's end to the daycare center. He could have been talking to the phone for all we know but, the point is it may have all been staged.

Yes, the call would continue until either the recipient hung up, or someone from JRH's end hung up...

All jmo.

In my world, they are known as "dropped calls" and at times it's a few minutes before you even realize you have lost the call.

That was my point. Read this line again please. "What if he was saying it on an answering machine and then to a dead line". Police have already verified that a 6 min. phone call took place from RH's end to the daycare center. He could have been talking to the phone for all we know but, the point is it may have all been staged.

What would be really interesting to see then is if he had a connection at the time the phone was taken away. According to Stoddard's testimony the 3rd call was the 6 minute call and he was, according to the officers, talking when his phone was taken from him. So, if there's no connection when it was confiscated then he was pretending...
I put nothing past this guy...

All jmo.

What would be really interesting to see then is if he had a connection at the time the phone was taken away. According to Stoddard's testimony the 3rd call was the 6 minute call and he was, according to the officers, talking when his phone was taken from him. So, if there's no connection when it was confiscated then he was pretending...
I put nothing past this guy...

All jmo.

I'm a newbie..so much so I misspelled sleuthie in my username...anyway to change it? oops. Anyway. First post ever, long time reader. Y'all are amazing!

Anyway, I found MG on fb (definitely the daycare MG) and she posted how angry she was after the PC hearing. MG has a 3-4 mo baby herself and a much better looking hub than Urinal hottie RH. So, IMO I think she is not involved with RH. She's grieving the loss IMO.

I'm a newbie..so much so I misspelled sleuthie in my username...anyway to change it? oops. Anyway. First post ever, long time reader. Y'all are amazing!

Anyway, I found MG on fb (definitely the daycare MG) and she posted how angry she was after the PC hearing. MG has a 3-4 mo baby herself and a much better looking hub than Urinal hottie RH. So, IMO I think she is not involved with RH. She's grieving the loss IMO.

Send a private message to a moderator. They should be able to help.

Welcome :)

Did LE ever interview the person he spoke to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz