The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm with you on this line of thought, something wasn't right about that call at all. I don't even want to imagine how I'd sound in such a situation but I'd be talking with 911 for sure and I'd sure be asking the person who was watching my child a million questions (which he doesn't do). I'd want to know when she saw her last, what she was wearing, who was at my home that night and so on.... I don't hear him questioning Misty at all, only blaming her without any info about that night (he supposedly just drove up and they hadn't discussed anything in depth yet).

The police report shows that they weren't even able to get helpful information from Ron once they arrived. They had to get all of the info from Misty.

Just got a really quick flash of a thought and don't know which thread it belongs on--so here goes...

If LE collectively believes that either Ron or Misty is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance (can't bring myself to say it any other way) then maybe they're having trouble distinguishing who is really responsible and who is covering. This was the reason given in another high profile case where the DA didn't progress to prosecution.

No matter how this turns out, the fact that Misty is a minor can throw a lot of trouble into the mix for LE.

If you arrived home to find your child gone... wouldn't you be asking the babysitter a million and one questions?

Just got a really quick flash of a thought and don't know which thread it belongs on--so here goes...

If LE collectively believes that either Ron or Misty is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance (can't bring myself to say it any other way) then maybe they're having trouble distinguishing who is really responsible and who is covering. This was the reason given in another high profile case where the DA didn't progress to prosecution.

No matter how this turns out, the fact that Misty is a minor can throw a lot of trouble into the mix for LE.

are you talking about JBR case?

I guess I just cannot see Ron covering for Misty unless he is (or feels) responsible or is complicit. I can see Misty covering for Ron for many reasons, primarily fear.

In a normal disappearance of a child you would be running everywhere to see if she was in the woods.Even if in your normal thinking of she's already gone,it would be a natural instinct to run and find your child.I feel something not being said is the reason he wasn't doing that.I believe there was a note or something missing to show him,she was taken away from the area and maybe even who had her.So,by him calling LE to bring them in to find her for him,maybe to frighten abductor into giving her up?Misty seemed to be reading a script of something she's planned to say to LE,maybe not well rehearsed,quickly thought up or she can not express herself well.And even in interviews when asked,she stops her emotions and says "Okay" and then proceeds with her story.

In a normal disappearance of a child you would be running everywhere to see if she was in the woods.Even if in your normal thinking of she's already gone,it would be a natural instinct to run and find your child.I feel something not being said is the reason he wasn't doing that.I believe there was a note or something missing to show him,she was taken away from the area and maybe even who had her.So,by him calling LE to bring them in to find her for him,maybe to frighten abductor into giving her up?Misty seemed to be reading a script of something she's planned to say to LE,maybe not well rehearsed,quickly thought up or she can not express herself well.And even in interviews when asked,she stops her emotions and says "Okay" and then proceeds with her story.

I know, not only running around crazy and frantic but screaming the childs name. Have you ever had your child disappear for even a moment in the store or somewhere and you start calling their name. I'll listen to the call again, but I don't recall hearing either of them call her name even one time.

If you arrived home to find your child gone... wouldn't you be asking the babysitter a million and one questions?

One day I had an appointment and made arrangements with a family member to pick up my 6-year-old daughter at her bus stop. Long story short--this relative FORGOT! I didn't stop to give this relative "reconstructive surgery" UNTIL I found my daughter safe at school.

The bus driver saw that nobody was there to pick my daughter up and drove her back to the school to wait.

So, in my experience, terror for the child comes first--then, when the child is safe, comes the tremendous anger.

But--that's just me.

There is no normal. Everyone acts differntly. You dont know how you would react until it happens. Some lose it others dont. I personally dont find anything wrong with the way Ron acted on the 911 call. I know personally whats like to be judged in a case like this and its not fun.

are you talking about JBR case?

I guess I just cannot see Ron covering for Misty unless he is (or feels) responsible or is complicit. I can see Misty covering for Ron for many reasons, primarily fear.

I totally agree with you here. (yes, JonBenet case)

One day I had an appointment and made arrangements with a family member to pick up my 6-year-old daughter at her bus stop. Long story short--this relative FORGOT! I did'nt stop to give this relative "reconstructive surgery" UNTIL I found my daughter safe at school.

The bus driver saw that nobody was there to pick my daughter up and drove her back to the school to wait.

So, in my experience, terror for the child comes first--then, when the child is safe, comes the tremendous anger.

But--that's just me.

what a heart stopping experience! I'm so glad your child was safe at school!!!

There is no normal. Everyone acts differntly. You dont know how you would react until it happens. Some lose it others dont. I personally dont find anything wrong with the way Ron acted on the 911 call. I know personally whats like to be judged in a case like this and its not fun.

Hi ,cuppy. I'm sorry that you had to go through the experience you mentioned. I hope your case was resolved for you and that justice prevailed.

I don't know if you visited the link about 911 analysis, but (aside from the personal experience I just posted) I'm going by that analysis for a frame of reference. I hope everyone here knows(including family and friends of the Cummings family) that it's nothing personal with me.

Hi ,cuppy. I'm sorry that you had to go through the experience you mentioned. I hope your case was resolved for you and that justice prevailed.

I don't know if you visited the link about 911 analysis, but (aside from the personal experience I just posted) I'm going by that analysis for a frame of reference. I hope everyone here knows(including family and friends of the Cummings family) that it's nothing personal with me.

Thanks:) Yes in my case there was justice.Maybe not what I would expect but justice never the less:) I was more referring to the fact that everyone acts differently and you cant always judge a book by its cover is all:) I did read the link and I wanted to thank you for it:) Im sorry if I came off being whiney because that wasnt my intent:) Its alot easier to understand what Ron and others are going through when you have been judged in a simular fashion is all:) It still bothers me to this day and sometimes I take it a little to personal when I shouldn't:) Im sorry if I did :blowkiss:

Who was last seen an hour and a half ago at 116 Tyler? Misty? Haleigh? Does anyone know what the number codes mean in Satsuma, such as signal 8 at 202 green lane?

Also, if you listen to the directions the dispatch lady is giving the officer she says there is a little dirt trail from Tyler to Green. Any locals that can interpret this please.

I listened to it and it's so garbled I can barely understand it. A transcript would be nice for these kinds of things!

I listened to it and it's so garbled I can barely understand it. A transcript would be nice for these kinds of things!

Doteyes was so kind as to transcribe the audio. It's down in rumor thread somewhere but, if you click on her name and statistics and look at her posts you should be able to find it and copy it up here..

Huh, it is clear as a bell for me. I will look for a transcript though.

Cajun, I never saw the transcript provided by Dot, did she transcribe it herself or is there a link to it somewhere? I would prefer a link from LE or media outlet because something transcribed by members will be disputed.:)

Huh, it is clear as a bell for me. I will look for a transcript though.

Cajun, I never saw the transcript provided by Dot, did she transcribe it herself or is there a link to it somewhere? I would prefer a link from LE or media outlet because something transcribed by members will be disputed.:)

I definitely heard the 116 tyler part, but I can't make out much else. Sorry!

As far as I know, elle, there are no links to where LE or the media transcribed it. Yes, she spent many hours listening to it and transcribing it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back