The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We've had several people here discuss physical cues of deception in some of the interviews- especially those of Misty with regard to looking down and left.

I wonder if anyone with experience in voice stressors could do the same with the 911 call and how both Misty and Ron conducted themselves.

Looking over the doc that is linked above, it appears to be a no brainer- Misty appears guilty and Ron appears innocent.

I think it's apples & oranges.
You've got a teenage female who had been sleeping in the middle of the night in a panic state with a fearful, enraged male making threats.
Who are you going to listen to if you were Misty?
I know I would be listening to the person in my line of vision who appeared out of control, not the person on the phone.

There's your confusion. IMO

~

I know mine is not a popular opine....but the main thing that stands out to me about that 911 call, is Ron's "fake" crying. He goes from incoherent babbling to calling Misty name and threatening to kill someone with a quickness. Sounds like a man trying to fake crying to me.

I know mine is not a popular opine....but the main thing that stands out to me about that 911 call, is Ron's "fake" crying. He goes from incoherent babbling to calling Misty name and threatening to kill someone with a quickness. Sounds like a man trying to fake crying to me.

Yes. Both RC & MC have those crying voices!

Yes. Both RC & MC have those crying voices!

In addition to the constantly changing details, their demeanors during the calls and interviews is what really convinces me that they are hiding something.

In addition to the constantly changing details, their demeanors during the calls and interviews is what really convinces me that they are hiding something.

Think MC may be out of the picture, based
on the other report of weekend activities???

tehbone and I want to know!!!!!!:crazy:

Thanks for this link, it explains a lot of doubts I had about the 911 call.
Misty's "I just woke up and the back door is open and I can't find our daughter."
Ron's "I just got home from work and someone stole my daughter."
Also, both of them were hesitant to answer, Misty could not give an accurate description, didn't understand parts of it, and Ron did not want to answer, was very impatient and immediately making threats to kill someone.. did not want to give Haleigh's birthday, and became angered when he thought the operator wasn't sending help immediately. This should be interesting topic.

Yes, those parts always bothered me too! Like .. when Ron was more invested in talking about killing somebody, instead of concentrating on getting help to find Haleigh, and looking EVERYWHERE himself.

Misty does 'sound' genuinely upset ... but what is she truly upset about?

Yes, those parts always bothered me too! Like .. when Ron was more invested in talking about killing somebody, instead of concentrating on getting help to find Haleigh, and looking EVERYWHERE himself.

Misty does 'sound' genuinely upset ... but what is she truly upset about?

The raging man with a long criminal record who has now begun to focus his anger at her, telling her she got his daughter took, b*tch? I'm just guessing, but I believe Misty's greatest attraction for Ron was his ability to cow her into blind submission.

Here's a really cool link for anyone who's interested in how the FBI analyzes 911 calls. Lots of info about truthfulness vs. deception:

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2008/june2008/june2008leb.htm#page22

I just read this article. I really paints Misty in a new light for me.

Thanks!

Here is what first caught my attention. RC seems more concerned about clearing himself from any involvement than getting help. First he doesn't make the call, he has Misty call. That just still amazes me. Then he mentions twice that he was at work, several times that someone stole or took his daughter and he even yells at Misty--putting the blame on her. I know many people say he was just upset, but I still find those reactions to be unusual. JMO

I know. But, we have to remember: She's 17 years old. And Ron told media that she called him first and he didn't answer because he was pulling up.. she met him coming out of the house when he pulled up and said 'your daughter is gone!' He said he asked her why she was calling him instead of 911.

I have a 19 year old daughter, and what I hear personally, is a very, VERY scared child, with a VERY angry Adult cussing at her and blaming her. ie: "how the **** did you let my daughter get stolen you b*itch?". So after hearing all of that, I'm sure he started the cursing and blaming as soon as he pulled up. Therefore, Misty is not only terrified and panicked because she just woke up and H is missing, but she is also terrified because Ron is in her face in a rage.
So, it's hard to focus on anything except what she is being asked directly and the operato did not directly ask her how she discovered she was missing.

again, JMO
JMO

Keaska I agree that Misty is a terrified child experiencing an even more terrifying situation!

Here is what first caught my attention. RC seems more concerned about clearing himself from any involvement than getting help. First he doesn't make the call, he has Misty call. That just still amazes me. Then he mentions twice that he was at work, several times that someone stole or took his daughter and he even yells at Misty--putting the blame on her. I know many people say he was just upset, but I still find those reactions to be unusual. JMO

Me too

Wow that is some web site! It really made me think about how I have talked to the 911 operator in the past when I have had an emergancy. It's amazing the amount of information they get from it.

So after reading that page I still don't know what to make of Mistys call however Rons actions seem to fall in the innicent person catagory.
Whats your take on it.

I've marked the table (available at the following link) where I think Ron and Misty fall. This is JMO. I'm not an expert. I'll be happy to explain why I believe each falls into a certain category and give you examples if possible. R = Ronald--M = Misty:

I = Innocent -- G = Guilty

What was the call about?

I-Request help for victim
G-No request for help for victim (M,R)
I-Relevant information
G-Extraneous information (M,R)
I-Concern for victim
G-Insulting or blaming the victim
I-Correction of facts
G-Conflicting facts

Who is the call about?

I-Help requested for victim
G-Help requested for caller only (R)
I-Focus on victim's survival
G-Focus on caller's problem (R)
I-No acceptance of victim's death
G-Acceptance of victim's death

How was call made?

I-Voice modulation (R)
G-No voice modulation (M varies)
I-Urgently, rudely demanding (R)
G-Polite and patient (M)
I-Cooperation with dispatcher(M)
G-Resists cooperation (R,M)
I-No self interruption (R)
G-Self-interruption (M)

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2008/june2008/june2008leb.htm#page22

It does leave room for discussion.But who knows?I know I don't.lol
I just look at everything with a suspicion after the many cases I've seen throughout the years.
Something is peculiar about this case to me but I simply cant put a finger on it.

Wow that is some web site! It really made me think about how I have talked to the 911 operator in the past when I have had an emergancy. It's amazing the amount of information they get from it.

So after reading that page I still don't know what to make of Mistys call however Rons actions seem to fall in the innicent person catagory.
Whats your take on it.

Yep, I read this the other night and came to the same conclusion- it totally supports Ron-
but Misti I'm not so sure. She sure fits the guilty signs but I would think with her we have to take her age into account- a lot of those guilty signs are simple how teens speak.

So can't really decide with her

Would you the parent call 911, or have the 17 yr babysitter call? just askin...

Would you the parent call 911, or have the 17 yr babysitter call? just askin...

exactly, and that also begs to question... why so angry? not worried and beside himself with fear, just really angry at Misty... maybe she was supposed to call 911 long before he arrived. [ducking for cover]

exactly, and that also begs to question... why so angry? not worried and beside himself with fear, just really angry at Misty... maybe she was supposed to call 911 long before he arrived. [ducking for cover]

The 911 analysis doesn't seem to come up in favor of Ron, either. (see my post above) If the dispatcher was relying on Ron alone, she wouldn't have gathered an iota of relevant information. Ron hears Misty struggling with answers, yet allows her to continue.

Although he's rude (which points to innocence) he fails to cooperate with the dispatcher, and falls into the category of asking help for himself rather than the victim. (This is subtle and not easy to recognize at first. Examples are given on the link) He fails to provide any relevant information--yet gives the irrelevant statement, "I was at work," before saying that his daughter is missing. Ron's order of priority is 1. I was at work 2. My daugter is missing.

"I was at work," is an extraneous statement.

Smacking my own self in advance :slap:

The 911 analysis doesn't seem to come up in favor of Ron, either. (see my post above) If the dispatcher was relying on Ron alone, she wouldn't have gathered an iota of relevant information. Ron hears Misty struggling with answers, yet allows her to continue.

Although he's rude (which points to innocence) he fails to cooperate with the dispatcher, and falls into the category of asking help for himself rather than the victim. (This is subtle and not easy to recognize at first. Examples are given on the link) He fails to provide any relevant information--yet gives the irrelevant statement, "I was at work," before saying that his daughter is missing. Ron's order of priority is 1. I was at work 2. My daugter is missing.

"I was at work," is an extraneous statement.

Smacking my own self in advance :slap:

I'm with you on this line of thought, something wasn't right about that call at all. I don't even want to imagine how I'd sound in such a situation but I'd be talking with 911 for sure and I'd sure be asking the person who was watching my child a million questions (which he doesn't do). I'd want to know when she saw her last, what she was wearing, who was at my home that night and so on.... I don't hear him questioning Misty at all, only blaming her without any info about that night (he supposedly just drove up and they hadn't discussed anything in depth yet).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back