The Abduction October 22, 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No. I am not local to the area.

I can promise you that no one was thinking about the Rassier driveway that was searching. We were looking for Jacob and since he had probably been taken by a car, the driveway was of no interest.

Since most people knew nothing about this type of crime at the time, the neighbor was not on anyone's mind. And since LE was not talking about what they may have been suspecting, why would anyone focus on the driveway?

As far as I know, the public had no idea of DR until 2010. There was the interview in 2004' but that must have been so local and of little interest because it did not generate any brouhaha.

Over the years, there had been some excitement, and then it would always fizzle out. Like DAH. And the exciting white car chase that apprehended a guy with an illegal,gun, but fizzle.

ELOC has identified several incidents in his book.

The one that still intrigues me is the guy who had his car taken apart. I wonder who that was and what that story is. And of course, Hollinger.

We didn't know DR until 2010 and that is significant. Boredom has swayed people away from him, I'm not bored with him until I find out why.

This information is 100% incorrect. Being that the bikes WERE discovered in the ditch, there was GREAT interest in searching both sides of the ditches for clues. Remember, these boys were told to discard there bikes in the ditch and lay down.

With regards to not focusing on the driveway, are you crazy?!? Have you seen all the markers, casts and roped areas from abduction site? I know Ryan Larson lived very close to the site and could vouch for the amount of "focus" on the driveway.

As far as DR being not being associated until 2010 that's completely inaccurate. Obviously being from that school district I know that Human's claim is 100% incorrect.

No. I am not local to the area.

I can promise you that no one was thinking about the Rassier driveway that was searching. We were looking for Jacob and since he had probably been taken by a car, the driveway was of no interest.

Since most people knew nothing about this type of crime at the time, the neighbor was not on anyone's mind. And since LE was not talking about what they may have been suspecting, why would anyone focus on the driveway?

As far as I know, the public had no idea of DR until 2010. There was the interview in 2004' but that must have been so local and of little interest because it did not generate any brouhaha.

Over the years, there had been some excitement, and then it would always fizzle out. Like DAH. And the exciting white car chase that apprehended a guy with an illegal,gun, but fizzle.

ELOC has identified several incidents in his book.

The one that still intrigues me is the guy who had his car taken apart. I wonder who that was and what that story is. And of course, Hollinger.

This information is 100% incorrect. Being that the bikes WERE discovered in the ditch, there was GREAT interest in searching both sides of the ditches for clues. Remember, these boys were told to discard there bikes in the ditch and lay down.

With regards to not focusing on the driveway, are you crazy?!? Have you seen all the markers, casts and roped areas from abduction site? I know Ryan Larson lived very close to the site and could vouch for the amount of "focus" on the driveway.

As far as DR being not being associated until 2010 that's completely inaccurate. Obviously being from that school district I know that Human's claim is 100% incorrect.

No, the searchers were not interested in the driveway. It is good that you have verified that the LE were totally on the ball re the driveway.

As you and Ryan were only children at the time, I am not sure exactly what you are saying. And you were a student of DR, not faculty so I am not sure what you are saying.

Certainly with such close friendship with Jacob that you and Ryan must have had, can you not provide some information on some of the claims made by the Bahners, such as hanging around with Jacob and riding bikes with him? How often did the boys go by the R farm by themselves?

Children with parents directly involved in the search and have been in the community THE WHOLE TIME. You're not from here anymore and have no idea what's being said by whom. There's a reason many of us aren't on this board posting as frequently as we had.

No, the searchers were not interested in the driveway. It is good that you have verified that the LE were totally on the ball re the driveway.

As you and Ryan were only children at the time, I am not sure exactly what you are saying. And you were a student of DR, not faculty so I am not sure what you are saying.

Certainly with such close friendship with Jacob that you and Ryan must have had, can you not provide some information on some of the claims made by the Bahners, such as hanging around with Jacob and riding bikes with him? How often did the boys go by the R farm by themselves?

Asking the boys what their ages are, what was the point?

If this guy wanted a 11 year old boy, why did he let aaron go? He was 11 too. Why didn't he get their ages all at once then dismiss the two he didn't want? He got to Jacob and didn't matter anymore how old he was because the other two are already running. Jacob could be 9, 10, 11, 12. In fact did the abductor ask Jacob his age?

If I recall correctly, the abductor asked all of the boys their ages, and then told Trevor to run, then Aaron.

Are we absolutely positive about this?

I just pulled this link from "The 911 Call" thread.

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/content/wetterling-friend-relives-kidnapping-daily

**Edit***
I misread the part I was talking about in this article.

"Then the man asked Trevor how old he was. When he said 10, the man told him to run. He then asked Aaron and Jacob their ages. They said 11."

But I thought I read that all three boys were asked for their age before being told to run. I just don't recall where I read it. I thought it was discussed here at some point.

He asked one by one what their age was.

After that, he had Trevor and Aaron, one by one, run off into the nearby woods. And, told them not to look back or else he would shoot. As Aaron was taking off, he saw the man grab Jacob's arm.

I'm sorry but I can't make sense of it. What a strange thing to be picky.

I just pulled this link from "The 911 Call" thread.

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com/content/wetterling-friend-relives-kidnapping-daily

**Edit***
I misread the part I was talking about in this article.

"Then the man asked Trevor how old he was. When he said 10, the man told him to run. He then asked Aaron and Jacob their ages. They said 11."

But I thought I read that all three boys were asked for their age before being told to run. I just don't recall where I read it. I thought it was discussed here at some point.

How they were asked the ages have been reported both ways in the media. I believe they were all asked their ages first before individually told to run. It would've been a detail that could've been messed up easily by the boys given the situation. Here is an example of one site that came up right away but there are several others also.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the three boys were on their bicycles heading home at about 9 p.m. when a masked man approached them with a gun.
All of a sudden there was just this guy there, recalls Trevor, who was then 10 years old. He told us to stop cause he had a gun.
The masked man instructed the boys to put their bikes in a ditch and lay face down.
He asked us all our ages, Trevor says, and then he told me to run to the woods as fast as I could and not to look back or else hed shoot.
Aaron, too, was instructed to run to the woods and not look back. But Jacob was not, and more than 10 years later, his whereabouts remain unknown.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://missing87975.yuku.com/topic/2457/ABDUCTED-CHILD-JACOB-ERWIN-WETTERLING#.Vi_lstKrRkg

I cut and pasted this info from another Jacob thread. 911 call I think.
small details get mixed around with each article and it is hard to know which is the truth. I was making a point about the gun detail, but it could be the same for the time he asked them their ages:

By Richard Meryhew, Star Tribune
October 21, 2009
Even now, 20 years later, Aaron Larson plays it back daily, wondering what he might have done, said or seen to make things turn out differently. "It's difficult to think about all the things that might have been," Larson said softly. "It's something I think about every single day."

"The first thing I remember was the flash of the gun, and a guy saying, 'Stop, I have a gun,'" Larson recalled. "I caught my breath. I thought it was a high school kid pulling a joke on us. ... Then it hits you: this is happening, it's no joke." The man ordered them to lie face-down in the roadside ditch. Larson remembers his heart "going 1,000 beats a minute," but having no clue what was happening. "You didn't hear about people being kidnapped or abducted. It didn't cross my mind." The man asked Trevor to look at him, then asked his age. He did the same with Aaron, then Jacob. "Then he told Trevor to run as fast as he can to the woods...

I cut and pasted this info from another Jacob thread. 911 call I think.
small details get mixed around with each article and it is hard to know which is the truth. I was making a point about the gun detail, but it could be the same for the time he asked them their ages:

By Richard Meryhew, Star Tribune
October 21, 2009
Even now, 20 years later, Aaron Larson plays it back daily, wondering what he might have done, said or seen to make things turn out differently. "It's difficult to think about all the things that might have been," Larson said softly. "It's something I think about every single day."

"The first thing I remember was the flash of the gun, and a guy saying, 'Stop, I have a gun,'" Larson recalled. "I caught my breath. I thought it was a high school kid pulling a joke on us. ... Then it hits you: this is happening, it's no joke." The man ordered them to lie face-down in the roadside ditch. Larson remembers his heart "going 1,000 beats a minute," but having no clue what was happening. "You didn't hear about people being kidnapped or abducted. It didn't cross my mind." The man asked Trevor to look at him, then asked his age. He did the same with Aaron, then Jacob. "Then he told Trevor to run as fast as he can to the woods...

That's the quote I thought I had seen in another thread and meant to post. Thanks for finding it.

I think if he asked all the ages first and to look at their faces THEN made them run one by one it tells me they were looking for a specific boy. If he did one at a time or not asked their ages or looked at their faces, it would more likely to have been a random kidnapping. Maybe they targeted Jacob somehow. My opinion only.

I sometimes wonder if it was his way of finding the "taller one." I saw a photo of Jacob, Aaron and Trevor together, and Jacob looks a bit taller than Aaron. The perp may have assumed the taller one was older when he saw them together earlier. That not being the case - since both Aaron and Jacob were the same age - he then had to rely on looking at them up close. I think Jacob was always the target. Just my two cents.

Maybe the abductor really wanted to hear them talk, maybe to hear the fear in their voices. I believe he asked the same questions during some of the Paynesville attacks, even though they may have been alone, and no one was abducted.

Could have been part of the ritual, to ask how old, or what grade they were in.....

Maybe the abductor really wanted to hear them talk, maybe to hear the fear in their voices. I believe he asked the same questions during some of the Paynesville attacks, even though they may have been alone, and no one was abducted.

Could have been part of the ritual, to ask how old, or what grade they were in.....

There is something extra twisted about abducting a boy from a group and having him assaulted or worse, never coming home. I agree that there is a power and control that this guy wanted. He also wanted to instill fear in the other boys who were witnesses. Very rare to abduct from a group and while I previously believed that Jared was not connected to Jacob, I did believe that the Paynesville perp was also Jacob's abductor due to the taking a victim from a group angle. It is really rare. I thought it was DR traveling between his job and home. This is actually looking clearer with DJH as the perp for all. I would expect DR to be cleared next week after all this info has com out.

DJH drove for about 15 minutes before pulling up a gravel road and assaulting JS. Perhaps that is important to know as well. If I lived nearby, I would drive 15-20 minutes from DR driveway and go up and down all dirt roads etc and take a look around. Cadaver dogs would be helpful. Maybe with all the police activity, DJH was unable to drop Jacob off without suspicion. This was an unprecedented response for a child disappearance and it was relatively quick as well. If he was nearby and intended to drop Jacob off, he may have been scared of all the police activity in the area. Maybe he also had a police scanner? In any case, he must have decided that it was too risky for Jacob to be dropped off like Jared. Either that, or he really was escalating his crimes. I wonder how many we don't know about?

Here is a thought, if DJH really thought that the DR driveway was a dirt road then maybe he left the driveway and went to the left which would have put him in Jacob's own neighborhood as there is no way out going that way. Could Jacob have tried to get out when he saw where he was? Did DJH panic at that point and kill Jacob? If he only ever assaulted boys and let them go, what reason would he have for killing Jacob? Was it part of the escalation or was it something else?

If Jacob was shot he must not have been shot in the vehicle. We now know that LE were able to examine DJH's (newly named POI) vehicles in late 1989 and 1990. Surely they would have found evidence of a shooting if one occurred in the vehicle.

Jacob's dad felt a strong feeling of impending doom that day at the hockey rink. Perhaps DJH went into the arena to stalk the boys there as he had done many other times in different locations. Maybe he followed Jerry and Jacob home and that is how he knew of the woods that he told Aaron & Trevor to run to. Locals agree that a person had to know the area in the daytime for the perp to know where those woods were in the pitch black. Can anyone confirm that this hockey rink is across from the Fingerhut where DJH previously worked? He just recently lost his job there, maybe he was picking up a last paycheck or some personal items that he left behind and decided to troll the hockey rink. Maybe he followed Jacob and his dad from where they went fishing that morning and stalked them all day while making a plan.

Someone in the Heinrich thread did confirm that the hockey rink was I think, directly across the street. Can barely keep my eyes open however I'll try looking for it =)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffanylynne82
Back