The actual vs. desired outcome

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ames:

Sorry for intruding as one who doesn't post much. But just had to say, that "Radio" was an AWESOME MOVIE. My hubby even shed a tear. Our daughter knew how much we liked the movie and went out and brought it for her Dad for his birthday present. A definite, must see movie if you believe in the simple things of life and what you learn from it!!!!!!! Plus, it didn't hurt that "football" was a part of it, as our son played football for my gosh, over 13 years and now is a "assistant defensive coach" at the college he graduated from. We are so proud of him!!

Ames:

Sorry for intruding as one who doesn't post much. But just had to say, that "Radio" was an AWESOME MOVIE. My hubby even shed a tear. Our daughter knew how much we liked the movie and went out and brought it for her Dad for his birthday present. A definite, must see movie if you believe in the simple things of life and what you learn from it!!!!!!! Plus, it didn't hurt that "football" was a part of it, as our son played football for my gosh, over 13 years and now is a "assistant defensive coach" at the college he graduated from. We are so proud of him!!

A good friend of mine, from Montana, bought us that movie for Christmas one year... and my husband actually shed a tear too..along with the rest of my family, when we watched it. My daughter goes to Hanna (the school in the movie that "Radio" is still a part of, he is in his 50's now)...and sees "Radio" everyday. I used to see him at football games. Remember the rival teams in the movie...Westside and Hanna?? My husband graduated from Westside..and my brother-in-law is a teacher there...and my daugher goes to the rival..Hanna. I will add that they built a new Hanna a few years ago..(and it looks like a MALL!!!)...so they had to shoot part of the movie in Waterboro, SC....and used a school there that looked more like the old Hanna, back when "Radio" first became a part of it.

11 LOU SMIT: So just one more area. Everybody
12 has heard about -- I can't say that. What have you
13 heard about a paint tray?
14 JOHN RAMSEY: Just what I read, or tried
15 not to read. But can't help but hear the media
16 that tell us a broken paintbrush that was used as
17 part of the -- you see, I found JonBenet. I never
18 saw a cord or that sort of thing. I thought I saw
19 a cord, but I didn't focus on it or realize there
20 was anything in the way of a twister, which
21 apparently it was.
22 It apparently was a paintbrush. And that's based
23 on what I heard in the media. That's my
24 impression. That's all I really heard.

"I NEVER saw a cord....I THOUGHT I saw a cord, but didn't focus on it"......huh? Reminds me of Patsy and the red heart on JB's hand.

A TWISTER?? Hmmm...obviously John knows more about garottes than we think.

Garrote = Twister Check.

The things I learn every day would not interest most people.

RSBM

Here's another thought- I believe they were both actually relieved she was dead. Here's why- PR had been building up the "Mega-JBR" thing into an entity of its own, and one she was frightened of losing control over if she died. It was getting away from her, and she knew it. Even her friends knew it. The crescendo of emotion leading to her death instantly put a stop to something PR could not stop herself.
As for JR, if he was abusing JBR, as I think he was, her death gave him the same release- it stopped what he was unable to stop himself. And if PR was aware of or suspected the abuse, it was double release for her. Mega-JBR had ceased to exist, and her fears that her husband was sexually abusing her daughter were instantly and forever rendered moot.
That explains a lot about their post-death behavior. For years after.

No doubt PR seemed a bit relieved to be without the responsibility of JBR. She was a handful. She was a sparkplug. PR had accepted the challenge to mold her daughter into a "Miss America". However, with an early death, JonBenet becomes America's Princess.

I have become intrigued with the high number of professional photographs taken of JBR, which became the media's delight, and made readily available to the viewing public.

RSBM

I bet that JR has NEVER discussed that night with his son. EVER. They rushed him out of the house, and from the moment the Rs abandoned their daughter's tiny corpse in the house, BR acted like she never existed at all. This is such abnormal behavior that I can't believe anyone would think otherwise. BR seemed to me at that age (9) as an odd kid, but this behaviour is still too abnormal to be acceptable in anyone other than a severely disturbed child.

Other than the reported poop smearing that is quite disturbing, I do not find his behavior odd nor abnormal. He had hobbies in trains, planes and whittling. He had numerous friends. Young children do not view life the way experienced adults do.

Perhaps he wrapped a cloak of protection around himself by getting on with life. To say he was a severely disturbed child is not fair. He looked at death in his mother's face when she was treated for Cancer. His half sister, Beth, died tragically, taking away his daddy's happiness. He watched his baby sister bring home shiny trophies with her beauty and talent. His was not an easy childhood. Burke rose above the chaos to become an honor roll student while at Purdue and is currently gainfully employed and maintains a steady girlfriend who, ironically, resembles his baby sister.

OMO

Yeah, double you tee eff on LA. First she's moving the body (she HAD to have known better!), convinced JR is dangerous, counting bullets, then she's consoling sobbing Patsy as Burke is interviewed, then she's thrilled to accept flowers from 'John and Patsy' and has developed complete amnesia about whatever happened on 12/26/96, telling BPD to just go with what she had written in her reports...and now she's regained her memory enough to be writing a book about how we don't know 90% of the facts.

She wasn't a mother at the time, Albert, and opposite of honing the skill of sniffing out a snow job by raising kids, she was known for her compassion and listening skills as well as her caring and sympathetic style (PMPT, page 12.) She specialized on sexual assault cases prior to the Ramsey case, and I guarantee you those witnesses were a different cup of tea than J&P Ramsey. She didn't stand a chance in the face of manipulators like the Rs if she treated them the same way she handled actual victims, and we know Eller had sent word that the Rs be treated as victims and not suspects....but if she really thought JR was dangerous and counted her bullets, how did she do such a 180 later on and decide he wasn't? What about the weirdness with his supposedly finding a window open but instead of yelling for LA to come see it, he closes it and keeps his mouth similarly closed about it for four months?

I also find Patsy's need to address the issue with the heart rather odd and very risky....it was that transparent. I can't believe IDI actually excuse it as Patsy being distraught and in such mourning that she can't think straight. I don't know which is more pathetic - Patsy trying to pass that off as truth in such an obvious fashion, or the interviewers failing to zone in on it and get some real answers about whether she'd seen the heart or not.

The 'well-drawn' comment leads me to believe that Patsy knew exactly who drew the heart, or whatever it was, and that it may very well have been her. I also suspect if Patsy was the person who put that drawing on JB's hand, it was some sort of act to make things better, an endearment, perhaps an attempt at an apology.

The fact that she admitted to even seeing it in the first place kinda makes me think she knew JB drew it - I think she would have staunchly denied seeing it at all if she had actually been the one who drew it. She tried to distance herself like that from all of the items at the breakfast table, right down to box of Kleenex. I assume she would have tried to distance herself from the heart just as hard if she had drawn it after JB was injured/dead with complete denial of ever having seen anything even remotely resembling a drawing on JonBenet's person ever at any time.

Patsy's true colors shined during her interviews and media performances. Yes, like we believe the Kleenex, flashlight, pineapple set up, were not her doings even though her fingerprints are on the bowl of pineapple and the flashlight was wiped clean.

Lying does not bother her, if it promotes her benefit.

LA is a disgrace to the force and was fired for what I perceive as ineptitude. There are so many things she could have done as a sworn police officer that would have resulted in a different outcome. Why she allowed the victim's home to remain filled with wandering people is beyond my comprehension.

Now, where was that Ransom Note left for Patsy to find?

I thought the exact same thing when I read that, JMO8778. Here's, what I consider to be, an interesting slip by Patsy in her June 1998 interview-

14 TOM HANEY: Did he say he was going
15 to go check on Burke or did you tell him to, or
16 do you recall?
17 PATSY RAMSEY: I just don't recall.
18 TOM HANEY: He leaves presumably,
19 to do that. You're standing here still, you're
20 the other red X. What do you do?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: I went back
22 downstairs.
23 TOM HANEY: Maybe this time with a
24 broken line you can just indicate going back
25 down.
1 (MS. RAMSEY COMPLIES.)
2 TOM HANEY: You're still the green
3 one. You come down the spiral stairs. The note
4 is--
5 PATSY RAMSEY: The note is --
6 TOM HANEY: -- same place,
7 different place?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: Somewhere in this
9 area, maybe still on the floor or something, you
10 know. I don't know what happened to it exactly
11 when I bounded upstairs. I think it was right
12 there somewhere.

If the note is still on the floor, then that means it was never on the stairs in the first place.

-Tea

RSBM

I tend to agree with the Murder One comment;one thing Patsy said gets me to thinking that it was no accident...'I know in my heart I didn't do this'.I think what she meant was 'I know in my heart I didn't mean to do this'.So if she was in denial and trying hard to convince herself it was all an accident...it seems to me there was some intent there.And she could only live w herself if she convinced herself there wasn't.

PR convinced herself she was rightful in what she had done bc she felt she possessed that child, JonBenet. Perhaps in her attempts to convince others of the IDI, she convinced herself of the same.

What's the consensus on Patsy agreeing with Steve Thomas when he asked Patsy on live television would she agree that whoever wrote the note also killed JonBenet. Patsy agreed with Thomas. The agreement was hesitant, however, and she sounded unsure of herself in my opinion.

Patsy met her match with ST. He knows how to ruffle her feathers. I found his confrontation on Nat'l tv to be calm, polite and truthful.

OMO

Patsy's true colors shined during her interviews and media performances. Yes, like we believe the Kleenex, flashlight, pineapple set up, were not her doings even though her fingerprints are on the bowl of pineapple and the flashlight was wiped clean.

Lying does not bother her, if it promotes her benefit.

LA is a disgrace to the force and was fired for what I perceive as ineptitude. There are so many things she could have done as a sworn police officer that would have resulted in a different outcome. Why she allowed the victim's home to remain filled with wandering people is beyond my comprehension.

Now, where was that Ransom Note left for Patsy to find?

PR convinced herself she was rightful in what she had done bc she felt she possessed that child, JonBenet. Perhaps in her attempts to convince others of the IDI, she convinced herself of the same.

Patsy met her match with ST. He knows how to ruffle her feathers. I found his confrontation on Nat'l tv to be calm, polite and truthful.

OMO

Unfortunately, ST was hampered in his quest for justice. The behavior of lawyers in the DA's office was criminal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back