The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it mention the high police presence in the area before the arrest? We noticed it! The police would pull up random cars to make it look as though they were doing something else but there were too many cars on that short stretch of road! We didn't worry too much about it at the time, it was reassuring that there were so many police around. In retrospect we worked out exactly what they were up to. Surveillance!

Haven't got that far yet BJ. Just finished reading about a whole new computer program setup to correlate the early evidence and the huge amount of police involved.

Welcome back Privato. I was hoping you would return. Now that the trial is over, the verdict is in, the sentence delivered and the convicted murderer is in jail - can you repeat your earlier post about OW and the strange things she said at the school that morning when she dropped the children off - as some here may have missed that information. We were hoping that it would come up at the trial, but it did not.

I think I may have missed that information. I can only find this from Privato. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...l-Days-2-amp-3-Week-1&p=10616676#post10616676

Haven't got that far yet BJ. Just finished reading about a whole new computer program setup to correlate the early evidence and the huge amount of police involved.

I went to high school with one of his nieces. I had no idea he had moved and was in the same area as us until he was arrested. It freaked a lot of us out at the time.

I agree it can be very traumatic for a child to see animals that have been killed. I remember crying at my father for using rat poison in the house when I was about 7 or so.

But I would be very careful tarring all hunters with the 'bloodlust killer' tag just because some people like to brag about their conquests. Quite honestly, you don't understand it. I have hunted and killed animals. I did it for food and because these animals were vermin on the properties and the farmers had requested their removal. I didn't feel 'bloodlust' or joy in the killing. I certainly don't feel the need to go around putting a bullet into everything that moves.

To put game hunters in the killer category shows that you have very little understanding of it. I don't mean to be offensive, just pointing out that people who shoot animals don't always do it for sport, or for fun, or because they love killing things and wouldn't think it bad to kill people.
The trophy displaying thing is something I don't like and don't particularly understand myself.

And you can talk about killing God's precious creatures, but that also happens to the meat we buy in the supermarket. It gets killed too, by people. Do you tar them with the 'killer' brush?

I'm just asking for a little thought before making judgments on all hunters, that's all.

I did put thought into it - what I posted was what I believe. However I point out 2 things - I did say I don't think all game hunters are killers of humans. So I did not tar all hunters with the 'killer' brush in the way that you say. Also - I am referring to game hunters who don't kill for food - the ones in Africa who kill animals for sport, antelope, deer, big cats, whatever. These people enjoy it, that's why they do it, and they love to produce photos of themselves holding up their kill, and look at their trophies of the horns and skulls on the wall. My comments were very clear that was what I was talking about - so I suggest you have not taken this into account.

I really don't like hunting per se, or slaughter of any animals, and have commenced the gradual reduction of meat in my diet accordingly. I eventually hope to be vegetarian. At this stage I won't eat veal because of the way the little calves are kept in tiny enclosed pods. I try to eat organic pork from small farms when I can get it or afford it. I only eat organic free range chicken and organic free range eggs. This is not enough of course, I plan to do more about reducing my meat consumption. I have also campaigned against live exports. However it is a personal choice and I do make the distinction betwen those who hunt for food or kill things like feral pigs or whatever, and those who kill purely for sport, and who are proud of it. I suggest that most people who hunt for food, or to eliminate pests, dont usually have the trophies all over their walls or photos of themselves holding up the animals. And they are not usually going around trying to kill as many different varieties of animals as they can.

I also think he may have been brutalised as a child. Back in the early days of our posting here, someone posted a link to a page which featured Eulogies that were read out when the B-C Grandfather (father of Nigel) passed away. Not sure if it was Nigel's Eulogy or one of the others, but it detailed life in South Africa and one thing that struck me was that B-C Grandfather was very gruff and loved rough-housing with the grandkids, sometimes "a bit too rough". Sometimes that type of play can definitely be too rough on small children and they realise they are expected to enjoy it and be tough enough to take it, but they possibly dread it. It can get out of hand and could hurt and maybe isn't fun for all kids, especially if they are quite young. So perhaps Gerard experienced this. Add into this that both the Grandfather and Nigel were game hunters and would have been coming back from their exploits holding up the bodies of beautiful wildlife that they had slain. To a small child this could be quite traumatic. I'm not excusing him of course, but this sort of stuff could be a factor in shaping what he's become.

I once doorknocked the BC seniors house when I was collecting for a charity (they weren't home) and not only did I see all the skulls or trophies of wildlife antlers on the outside walls of the home, I could see through the glass at the front door (might have been some sort of some sort of french door effect) to a wall featuring photos of the results of various hunts with Nigel and possibly his Father standing in a group in several different photos, proudly holding up their kill of magnificent wildlife of various kinds, along with the requisite rifles. I am always reminded of this - these are people that enjoy killing God's precious creatures. While I am sure every game hunter is not a murderer of humans, it does to me speak of a lesser regard for life, especially the lives of living things that are more vulnerable.

I've always suspected that the "hand/field signals" used by GBC on his daughters had been learned from his own upbringing.

Thank you for that info!! :seeya:

And I was just saying to somebody earlier today, after seeing yet another FB page of a hunter glorifying their kill in FB photos :)facepalm:) - totally unrelated to this case btw - that surely it's an easier step for someone who kills animals to then go on to kill a person, compared to somebody who's never been exposed to hunting.

The whole hunter mentality normalises killing and intrinsically teaches the 'right' to take another being's life. :scared: It sounds like that's what GBC grew up around.......

Machismo behaviour is always an attempt to hide deep inadequacies - obviously that runs in the family lineage.

PS Spotted Reptile - I'm referring to people who do it for 'sport' and then brag and boast to boost their ego. Not if it's related to farming/vermin control/food gathering.
Fair enough. But then you say that the 'whole hunter mentality normalises killing and intrinsically teaches the 'right' to take another being's life.' Again, you are putting hunters all into the same basket. I have hunted and killed animals. I do not, repeat not, feel this equates to taking a human life in any capacity at all. It is a picture drawn by someone who has not ever participated in it, and is viewing it from the outside. Go out with a group of responsible, adult hunters (yes there are many), and see if they all have murdering tendencies. To say that killing an animal is an 'easier' step towards killing a person is a grossly irresponsible and offensive statement to me. You simply cannot equate the two, and respectfully, you have no idea what you are talking about in this particular area.

I agree with you in every other aspect of your post, and I am aware that there are some gross behaviours out there relating to killing animals. But hunters ain't all hunters. All I'm saying.

Yes Mrs Norris - hypothetically more 'smoke 'n' mirrors' by the parents?

Doe anyone know how old GBC was when his family migrated to Australia? Did he attend a primary school in another country before Gabbinar
?

He was ten years old when he came to Aus, so he must have attended primary school before:

Gerard spent his first years in Zimbabwe where he, his sister Olivia and brother Adam, lived in the shadow of their great grandfather’s insurmountable legacy.

He was 10 when Nigel moved the family to Australia.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-great-grandson/story-fnl1b568-1226966024442

Fair enough. But then you say that the 'whole hunter mentality normalises killing and intrinsically teaches the 'right' to take another being's life.' Again, you are putting hunters all into the same basket. I have hunted and killed animals. I do not, repeat not, feel this equates to taking a human life in any capacity at all. It is a picture drawn by someone who has not ever participated in it, and is viewing it from the outside. Go out with a group of responsible, adult hunters (yes there are many), and see if they all have murdering tendencies. To say that killing an animal is an 'easier' step towards killing a person is a grossly irresponsible and offensive statement to me. You simply cannot equate the two, and respectfully, you have no idea what you are talking about in this particular area.

I agree with you in every other aspect of your post, and I am aware that there are some gross behaviours out there relating to killing animals. But hunters ain't all hunters. All I'm saying.

Hi Spotted Reptile.

I don't want to enter into a big debate about this with you, as it is obviously emotive for you. I'm really sorry if I offended you - not my intention at all!!!

And I certainly wasn't trying to say that all hunters could easily kill humans - I was referring to somebody like GBC, without any apparent moral core or empathy for other people. I believe that if that kind of person has been exposed to hunting and killing of animals for 'fun' and 'kicks' and the dead bodies are then hung up on walls like trophies, I think that has an influence on his ability to respect life. It desensitises a man like that to death and dead bodies. That's all I'm saying.

And of course, it's only my opinion. Not claiming it's gospel :seeya:

I've always suspected that the "hand/field signals" used by GBC on his daughters had been learned from his own upbringing.

Looking at the girls at Allison's funeral, at one point, I queried whether he used a hand signal on the youngest child i.e. he had his right hand on her chest and his pointer and middle finger separated and pressing into her chest. Meanwhile she is holding her maternal grandmother's hand.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-selfless-mother/story-fnihsr9v-1226990103157

I'm sure this has been posted by now but for some reason I've only just come across it today. I love the photo of Allison with her friends, she looks so happy. I also noted EBC's comments at Allison's kitchen tea (presumably before they got married, in lieu of a hen's night, that type of thing) - charming but just what one could expect I guess.

I love this article so much! Finally, just like O prophesied the truth IS coming out. Allison was a much-loved woman, who is dearly missed not only by her family, but also by her loving friends.

I can't write much more, as my sadness and abhorrent regard for her dastardly murdering spouse and his family will get me <modsnipped> and on time out or banned.

I was never prepared for the gravity of information that would surface after Mr "lets have a threesome", "married but don't want to be", circumcised Rooster, looking for discrete relations with as many people as possible got his unexpected conviction. He thought he was going home, poor sausage. I know he's in good company at Walston. :jail:

Welcome back Privato. I was hoping you would return. Now that the trial is over, the verdict is in, the sentence delivered and the convicted murderer is in jail - can you repeat your earlier post about OW and the strange things she said at the school that morning when she dropped the children off - as some here may have missed that information. We were hoping that it would come up at the trial, but it did not.

Yes please do privato

Ok that's it! ....I won't be able to function now until privato spills the beans.........

Yes, me too. In the same way that I say "quick sticks" instead of " hurry up" to my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper