The Anthony Backyard *REVISITED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*snipped to pic*

BJB...I'm not saying it is this exact one, but I think that is an in-line timable sprinkler. Which makes sense bein's it is on the working end of the hose. You'd just pull it out to the location you want to water and then when it shuts off you move it again.

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product/101758.do#

I hadn't thought of that option, Val. That would make sense. :thumb:

Anyone have a link handy to the report released that details the location of the K9 alerts? I'm in lazy mode :bang: I'm sure it' prolly buried in pages 1-21 of this thread, but, if anyone has it at their fingertips I'd appreciate a link.

IIRC, there were some pics (albeit grainy) of at least one of the alert flags near the playhouse in the report.

I want to clarify in my own mind where these locations were. I know there were several flags that sorta outlined an oval shape where the bench sat (in the Greta video), but, in the pics I've seen it seems like the area inside that oval has not been disturbed by CSI.

TIA!

Here's part of a transcript from NG, where she was speaking to the K9 handler. Still looking for actual reports from OSCO though.

JASON FORGEY, DEPUTY SHERIFF, K9 UNIT: I deployed him on the whole back yard. The dog actually alerted in the -- I believe it`s the southeast corner, over near a play area. I continued to work the dog through there, took the dog out. I called another cadaver dog handler that I know that works for Osceola County sheriff`s office, and had her come in for a secondary search. With that dog, I told her that we had probed three areas and how long it had been since we had probed it and that we had kept people out of the back yard since then. And that was the generic thing that I gave her. I went with her and watched her dog also, who I`m very familiar with. And her dog actually alerted in the same spot that my dog, K9 Garris (ph), did.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: All right. To the odor of human decomposition.

FORGEY: Human decomposition, yes, ma`am.

GRACE: Cadaver dogs also hit on the tot mom`s Pontiac Sunfire.

FORGEY: Garris put his head inside the vehicle, looked straight towards the back seat. I had the tech work ahead of me and ventilate the trunk. Still in a counterclockwise manner, we came around to the trunk. Garris jumped up into the trunk, front paws, stuck his head in, backed back up, did the eye contact and moved to the right rear passenger side rear fender/trunk/taillight area and gave me a fine (ph) train (ph) on alert.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What does that mean?

FORGEY: He alerted to the odor of human decomposition.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: In the trunk of that car?

FORGEY: Yes, ma`am.

Thanks, Sadyjade.

Bringing this pic over as it shows CSI agents down on their hands & knees back in the area behind the patio where the bamboo is located.

caylee_anthony-0779-Home071808Searc.jpg

FWIW...this pic also shows the lone agent standing where I believe the sandbox was originally located. You can see that the mulch there hasn't been disturbed...it is lighter in color than the mulch around that area that has been distrubed by the agents doing some scooping/digging.

BJB-I found these pics I hope they help! It seems LE is most concerned with the sandbox area!:)However, they do seem to be interested in something back by the fence!:waitasec:

Attachments

• 41089069.jpg
    41089069.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 41089096.jpg
    41089096.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 41089110.jpg
    41089110.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 30
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 26
has anyone ever established what the colors of the flags indicate? Yellow =, red = ?

BJB-I found these pics I hope they help! It seems LE is most concerned with the sandbox area!:)However, they do seem to be interested in something back by the fence!:waitasec:

Thanks, essies. :blowkiss: Nice to have those in one place. I have one more - albeit poorer quality - from a slightly different angle. I you care to add this one to your post it'd put them all in one place for convenience. Just something to consider.

I'm still looking for the detailed report that was released on the K9 alerts. Not the summary narrative from the original doc release, but, the write-up that includes the b&w pic(s) of the flags, IIRC. I believe this may be in the same report as the content of the bag from the trunk (retrieved from the dumpster) spread out on the table.

I've also been looking for other pics of Caylee that show the backyard to see if there is anything we can tell about the arrangment of the items in that area between the patio and the playhouse. These would be better than assuming that the way we saw things in the Greta video are where things were placed prior to Caylee's death. We know CSI had everything pulled out...so who knows how closely things went back to their 'original' location. The ABC video of Caylee playing in her little pool shows the door coming out of the porch area very well, but, doesn't train around on the playhouse/patio area. The pic of Caylee standing on the backporch holding her hand up to her forehead just barely shows the playhouse, and a small table blocks the view of anything else. And finally, I couldn't really see anything in the background of the pics of Caylee playing in her playhouse that was significant. I'd love to hear from anyone else that has seen pics that reveal the 'original' arrangement of items in this area.

untitled.jpg

has anyone ever established what the colors of the flags indicate? Yellow =, red = ?

I wish I knew whether the different colors denoted different meanings...or were just what was available, sadyjade. At the disposal site they wrote on the flags to note what item was located where the flag was placed.

I've been curious if they used the flags to identify the outline of where items were (e.g. bench, sandbox, picnic table, etc.) before they were moved....or if they were used to identify K9 alerts. That is one of the reasons I'm looking for that detailed report...to cross reference the location of the flag(s) shown in it vs. the ones we see in these pictures.

Here are two shots of the playhouse and from one of them I think you can tell the general placement of the playhouse. You can see the fence through the one little "slot" and then you can see the corner plants out the window behind Caylee. So I would say the pavers by the fence next to where they moved the playhouse to is the most likely and probable location.

Attachments

• Caylee.jpg
    Caylee.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 19
  • caylee4.jpg
    caylee4.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 22
I wish I knew whether the different colors denoted different meanings...or were just what was available, sadyjade. At the disposal site they wrote on the flags to note what item was located where the flag was placed.

I've been curious if they used the flags to identify the outline of where items were (e.g. bench, sandbox, picnic table, etc.) before they were moved....or if they were used to identify K9 alerts. That is one of the reasons I'm looking for that detailed report...to cross reference the location of the flag(s) shown in it vs. the ones we see in these pictures.

I think I found what you're looking for!! The alerts start on page 6!

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530366/detail.html

Bump after re-ordering chronologically and adding #4:

...yes...somewhere earlier in all that babbling I think I outlined at least 3 options that could've resulted in K9 alerts in the backyard:

1) Casey exploits in the backyard w/ the body or something that had come in contact with it (lots of options on this one)

2) George setting down the gas can(s) in the back yard incidentally leaving trace decomposition from residual on the bottom of the can(s) after recovering them from Casey 6/24.

3) Cindy exploits in the backyard w/ item(s) (e.g. pants, boots, knive, etc.) recovered from the Pontiac 7/15-7/16 being washed in some fashion

4) George and/or Cindy's exploits in the backyard 7/16-7/17 <7PM just prior to LE arriving w/ the K9 units, either:
a) unintentionally xferring decomp from a single pre-existing location that existed from Casey's exploits (#1), OR
b) unintentionally xferring decomp from a new location (if none pre-existing) created by Cindy's exploits (#3)​

I added #4 after re-reading the LE report on the K9 units coming to the house and George telling the officer that he & Cindy had already gone through the sheds and looked for areas they considered potential for foul play - that he'd even looked under the playhouse already.

Sooo...total speculation to illustrate the point...if Cindy took something out of the trunk and washed it off into the mulch near the sandbox first...creating a K9 alert spot...then in the process of looking under the playhouse George created a cross-contamination....voila, another K9 alert spot...then going to look in the pool storage box and sheds George or Cindy created a third cross-contamination...3rd and final K9 alert spot, we'll that kinda creates a scenario.

That being said...I'm hard pressed to think of a practical cross-contamination scenario @ the moment. For example...if it was an item (such as a hose sprayer that Cindy used...then George sat down to lift the playhouse...then sat down again before placing it in the pool box - well, then that object (i.e. sprayer) itself would be contaminated w/ decomp and would've received a K9 alert too. Alternatively, a wet shoe that had trace decomp on it sufficient to create alerts far away from the original source...well...it seems there would be several more alert locations from the footsteps along the way. :waitasec:

Just thinking out loud again. :rolleyes:

FWIW...a moved hose reel on 7/15-7/16 would support #3 a bit.

I haven't seen any corroboration of a faucet attachment being taken by LE. I'd appreciate it if someone has & can provide. TIA!

Thanks, essies. :blowkiss: Nice to have those in one place. I have one more - albeit poorer quality - from a slightly different angle. I you care to add this one to your post it'd put them all in one place for convenience. Just something to consider.

I'm still looking for the detailed report that was released on the K9 alerts. Not the summary narrative from the original doc release, but, the write-up that includes the b&w pic(s) of the flags, IIRC. I believe this may be in the same report as the content of the bag from the trunk (retrieved from the dumpster) spread out on the table.

I've also been looking for other pics of Caylee that show the backyard to see if there is anything we can tell about the arrangment of the items in that area between the patio and the playhouse. These would be better than assuming that the way we saw things in the Greta video are where things were placed prior to Caylee's death. We know CSI had everything pulled out...so who knows how closely things went back to their 'original' location. The ABC video of Caylee playing in her little pool shows the door coming out of the porch area very well, but, doesn't train around on the playhouse/patio area. The pic of Caylee standing on the backporch holding her hand up to her forehead just barely shows the playhouse, and a small table blocks the view of anything else. And finally, I couldn't really see anything in the background of the pics of Caylee playing in her playhouse that was significant. I'd love to hear from anyone else that has seen pics that reveal the 'original' arrangement of items in this area.

untitled.jpg

I think I found a video of the area between the playhouse and patio that you were interested in. I don't know when it was taken but as you will see, it is before the playhouse was removed from its pad. (The sandbox is visible as well.) You can start at about the 4:30 mark but the specific area shows only once very quickly at near the 5 min mark: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBlIyKRoEHY"]YouTube - Sources Say: LINK FOUND (sealed) 12x5 Area Disturbed In Backyard.[/ame]

HTH :)

I think I found a video of the area between the playhouse and patio that you were interested in. I don't know when it was taken but as you will see, it is before the playhouse was removed from its pad. (The sandbox is visible as well.) You can start at about the 4:30 mark but the specific area shows only once very quickly at near the 5 min mark: YouTube - Sources Say: LINK FOUND (sealed) 12x5 Area Disturbed In Backyard.

HTH :)

Thanks, EU. This video was actually taken after CSI finished their work and everything had been moved back into place as also shown in the Greta video. It doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch to think things were put back where they were before 7/15...I was just trying to be precise about it.

ETA: JWG came through for me. The details are given in pages 3177-3179 of the released docs. :thumb:

On a side note...I thought it was odd that the news station got an "exclusive" tour of the backyard then didn't show the area by the pool where the soil had been disturbed :rolleyes:

On a slightly different tangent, IIRC there was a video early in the case showing George walking around behind the pool to the storage sheds that are located there too. Nothing there that I'm particularly interested in, but, FWIW, that video is out there somewhere too. That video should show the fence on that side of the yard where the pool tools are hanging (e.g. skimmer on a pole).

*snipping out my own nonsense* :rolleyes:

Here's a marked-up version of the pic of the Anthony's side yard that was taken after LE arrived at the house immediately after retrieving the bag from the dumpster @ the tow yard.

Bumping for reference as some were trying to remember the discussion regarding the mulch in the sideyard possibly being the source of the stain on the side of the trash bag.

FYI only.

Here's a pic from Greta's tour/interview on 8-5-08. Is that a hose reel on the left of the pool, or a storage container/lidded bench made of the same plastic material?

caylee_anthony-1129-OTR080508tour.jpg

Here's a pic from Greta's tour/interview on 8-5-08. Is that a hose reel on the left of the pool, or a storage container/lidded bench made of the same plastic material?

caylee_anthony-1129-OTR080508tour.jpg

Based on better quality images, IMHO, there are 2 containers located on the left side of the pool.

1) The taupe/green Rubbermaid deck storage box that Cindy referred to as having been moved away from the pool-side in the great-hibiscus-moving caper

AAAAAjGoMiwAAAAAACpNrg.jpg

2) A smaller, covered storage bin on which the floating pool basketball goal is sitting.

IMHO, neither of these is a hose storage reel. HTH.

Based on better quality images, IMHO, there are 2 containers located on the left side of the pool.

1) The taupe/green Rubbermaid deck storage box that Cindy referred to as having been moved away from the pool-side in the great-hibiscus-moving caper

AAAAAjGoMiwAAAAAACpNrg.jpg

2) A smaller, covered storage bin on which the floating pool basketball goal is sitting.

IMHO, neither of these is a hose storage reel. HTH.

Was a reason ever given as to why the rubbermaid container was moved back next to the pool? I thought the reason for moving it in the first place was because they thought Caylee could climb on the container then get in the pool.

*snipping out my own nonsense* :rolleyes:

Here's a marked-up version of the pic of the Anthony's side yard that was taken after LE arrived at the house immediately after retrieving the bag from the dumpster @ the tow yard.

Bumping for reference as some were trying to remember the discussion regarding the mulch in the sideyard possibly being the source of the stain on the side of the trash bag.

FYI only.

My dear BJB, I remember this discussion, or, at least looking at the picture, and staring at that faucet with the "missing fitting". I STILL don't understand what is missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back