The Anthony Backyard *REVISITED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was a reason ever given as to why the rubbermaid container was moved back next to the pool? I thought the reason for moving it in the first place was because they thought Caylee could climb on the container then get in the pool.

Hi, j_b.

No reason given that I recall hearing 'bout the container being moved back to the pool's side.

And, yes, Cindy told the story during the Greta tour that they moved the container away from the pool because Caylee was getting to an age that they worried about her being able to climb into the pool.

I should know...but would hafta go back and re-read to be certain that the 'depression' in the soil was in the location where Cindy indicated the container had been moved. IOW...IIRC, Cindy and/or George told Greta that the soil where the 'depression' was had been disturbed because George had moved a hibiscus from that location so that the container could be moved away from the pool. In the Greta tour I believe Cindy just commented about LE being interested in areas where soil had been disturbed and she indicated there had been a K9 alert in the area of the container.

Note that in the LE narrative about the backyard search, LE commented about the 'depression' being suspicious and George is described as having agreed w/ that assessment...no comment about hibiscus-hi-jinx in that narrative.

Perhaps after George & Cindy had time to think about it they recalled the hibiscus move. :waitasec: They were still under a good deal of stress 7/17 (IIRC) while LE searched the backyard.

I say that I should know this is the location of the depression because it is recorded in the report, IIRC, and probably shown in pics in this thread...I believe by Hercule Poirot, IIRC. Right now I'm just posting from memory...which is a dangerous thing :D

My dear BJB, I remember this discussion, or, at least looking at the picture, and staring at that faucet with the "missing fitting". I STILL don't understand what is missing.

Hi, Star. Take a look @ the original post linked [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4151725#post4151725"]here[/ame]. In the middle of the post is a paragraph about the speculated missing fitting. The paragraph begins, w/ "IF". I didn't read back further to see who generated that suggestion. And, I don't recall w/o looking if I ever saw anything about something like this being taken from the house by LE. Not much help, I'm afraid, but, HTH.

Looking at the aerial photos of the A's backyard, and seeing how it's practially packed wall-to-wall with outdoor toys for Caylee, it brought to mind how, from everything we've heard, she played alone or with adults (family) most of the time. No mention of her going to play with children her own age or having other children over to play. Just an observation that has me wondering why that was the case.

backyard3.jpg

Looking at the aerial photos of the A's backyard, and seeing how it's practially packed wall-to-wall with outdoor toys for Caylee, it brought to mind how, from everything we've heard, she played alone or with adults (family) most of the time. No mention of her going to play with children her own age or having other children over to play. Just an observation that has me wondering why that was the case.

backyard3.jpg

Agree....it is curious...has this been discussed in a thread before? It is curious what a lonely little life she had.

Agree....it is curious...has this been discussed in a thread before? It is curious what a lonely little life she had.

I don't find it particularly odd myself. It seems that Casey didn't have any friends with children around the same age. Being the first in my group of friends to have a child, I find that I have to go out of my way to meet new people and get him involved with other kids (he's just a toddler as well). Since Casey was not exactly MOTY, I am not surprised that she didn't make the effort to find suitable playmates for her daughter. JMO

I don't find it particularly odd myself. It seems that Casey didn't have any friends with children around the same age. Being the first in my group of friends to have a child, I find that I have to go out of my way to meet new people and get him involved with other kids (he's just a toddler as well). Since Casey was not exactly MOTY, I am not surprised that she didn't make the effort to find suitable playmates for her daughter. JMO

I didn't even consider that KC would attempt to help Caylee socialize with other children her age - that would take responsibility and concern for Caylee's well-being, which I personally don't think she's capable of. And, now that I think about it, if CA honestly believed what KC told her (that Caylee was staying at the "nanny's" all those months that KC was "working") then CA probably assumed Caylee was playing with the children there. What a confusing web of lies and mistruths.

Sorry to get OT - back to the backyard discussion! :)

I've always wondered if perhaps KC didn't remove Caylee's body from the home via Caylee's bedroom window. Does anyone know if the dogs alerted on that side strip of the back lawn - the side with the storage shed?

backyard3.jpg

FWIW, Caylee did play with Kristine's children. Based on the phone records I'd guesstimate they got together ~1/month.

There's also MySpace activity from at least one or two other mothers chatting w/ Casey about getting the kids together.

There is also alot of discussion about the backyard on the 'use of the shovel' thread in case anyone wants to read more background about the backyard.

Link to a post similar to the one BJB posted above (#561) but this one is from the shovel thread ~
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4149397&postcount=291"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Use of the Shovel[/ame]

I was looking for a picture of LE holding a brown paper bag with a snake like nozzle extender curving up out of the bag that was taken from the Anthony home. I never did find the picture. I'm not sure it's been confirmed what that item is - something having to do with the pool? Or, from the kitchen?

There is also alot of discussion about the backyard on the 'use of the shovel' thread in case anyone wants to read more background about the backyard.

Link to a post similar to the one BJB posted above (#561) but this one is from the shovel thread ~
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Use of the Shovel

I was looking for a picture of LE holding a brown paper bag with a snake like nozzle extender curving up out of the bag that was taken from the Anthony home. I never did find the picture. I'm not sure it's been confirmed what that item is - something having to do with the pool? Or, from the kitchen?

May have found the photo you're looking for. Is it photo #24 in this slideshow:
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18262950/detail.html

Could it be either a sprayer hose from one of the pump sprayers taken as evidence (although most sprayers I've seen are plastic - are they available in metal)? Page 147 here:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/18740700/detail.html

Or, on page 178 of same link above ... do inflatable bed pumps have a hose like in the pic?

backyard3.jpg
I remember bringing the same thing up years (omg) ago. Plus, no one came forward saying they had even seen Caylee playing at a park with her mom. IIRC, Casey mentioned Caylee liking JBP...but not one person whoever saw them together (anywhere other than friend's homes) got any air time.

May have found the photo you're looking for. Is it photo #24 in this slideshow:

Could it be either a sprayer hose from one of the pump sprayers taken as evidence (although most sprayers I've seen are plastic - are they available in metal)? Page 147 here:

Or, on page 178 of same link above ... do inflatable bed pumps have a hose like in the pic?

I tried to link directly to slide #24 - guess that's not possible.

CuriousTwo, you're good - that's exactly the picture I was thinking of.
Now, of course, I've gotten us o/t from the backyard.
I've not seen metal pumps nor metal bed inflation devices.

Quickly though - does it connect to any of the steam cleaners/vacuums LE took? It has a smallish narrow brush on the end we can see. Maybe it goes to a steamer.
The metal hose part looks like what is behind my gas dryer but I don't know if it inserts into my dryer with a brushlike connection?
It also looks like some plumbing stuff that hangs under my kitchen sink. :waitasec:

Or, could it be something that belongs to the pool cleaning system (I've never had a backyard pool). Maybe you need a narrow brush to clean the vents or something?
At least this idea puts us back in the backyard!

I tried to link directly to slide #24 - guess that's not possible.

CuriousTwo, you're good - that's exactly the picture I was thinking of.
Now, of course, I've gotten us o/t from the backyard.
I've not seen metal pumps nor metal bed inflation devices.

Quickly though - does it connect to any of the steam cleaners/vacuums LE took? It has a smallish narrow brush on the end we can see. Maybe it goes to a steamer.
The metal hose part looks like what is behind my gas dryer but I don't know if it inserts into my dryer with a brushlike connection?
It also looks like some plumbing stuff that hangs under my kitchen sink. :waitasec:

Or, could it be something that belongs to the pool cleaning system (I've never had a backyard pool). Maybe you need a narrow brush to clean the vents or something?
At least this idea puts us back in the backyard!

I looked thru all the 200+ pages of the Sheriff's Office Property Forms pdf, and the only thing similar would be the pump sprayers. There aren't any faucet sprayer/hose, or dryer vent cleaning hose, etc. listed as being taken into evidence.

In keeping with the backyard topic (steering away from being OT), I did a Google search for pump sprayer metal hose and they seem to be common. LE took 3 pump sprayers - I'm guessing they were used for insectides, weed killer, etc?

I looked thru all the 200+ pages of the Sheriff's Office Property Forms pdf, and the only thing similar would be the pump sprayers. There aren't any faucet sprayer/hose, or dryer vent cleaning hose, etc. listed as being taken into evidence.

In keeping with the backyard topic (steering away from being OT), I did a Google search for pump sprayer metal hose and they seem to be common. LE took 3 pump sprayers - I'm guessing they were used for insectides, weed killer, etc?

You're right that nothing listed matches any of the other ideas.
Do the pump sprayer metal hoses have narrow brushes on the end?
Could that be an utility end - pump and brush?

I don't recall seeing any test results regarding pump sprayers.
The vacuums were just mentioned in a recent doc. dump but no meaningful evidence was found that I know of.

IMO, the "hose-thingy" in #24 looks like part of a drain snake. Plumber's tool used for unclogging a drain. My DH has several, ranging in size and diameter, depending on the size of the job it is used for. My money is on a drain snake. Yup! And, I'd love to know what LE might have found on a tool that had been used to clear out the A's drains!

Will read thru the evidence docs again to see if LE might have taken a bag or sack of some kind that contained miscellaneous items - would they have listed each and every item if they took a tote bag or some type of container in the home ... would they note something as vague as "bag of misc. items?" I don't think they would, but I'll read thru the docs again.

You're right that nothing listed matches any of the other ideas.
Do the pump sprayer metal hoses have narrow brushes on the end?
Could that be an utility end - pump and brush?

I don't recall seeing any test results regarding pump sprayers.
The vacuums were just mentioned in a recent doc. dump but no meaningful evidence was found that I know of.

None of the pump sprayer hoses that I've seen have brushes on the end. A dryer cleaner tool would have a brush, but that isn't listed on the evidence forms either. Quite a mystery!

IMO, the "hose-thingy" in #24 looks like part of a drain snake. Plumber's tool used for unclogging a drain. My DH has several, ranging in size and diameter, depending on the size of the job it is used for. My money is on a drain snake. Yup! And, I'd love to know what LE might have found on a tool that had been used to clear out the A's drains!

I agree that it looks a lot like a tool for unclogging a drain ... only problem is, a drain snake isn't listed in the evidence documents ... LE listed all the items they took from the A's and they're listed in the 200+ pages of evidence forms here:

If the bush was actually moved and the pool storage unit was moved over to that area I do not see the A's leaving a hole. There are snakes in the wooded areas that could get into the yard and make a nice little nest under that container. There may have been a bush there at sometime but I doubt the hole was there when they moved the container over. Also who would put the container right by the pool if they were concerned about Caylee getting into the pool. Only a person who knew that was no longer a problem. jmo

:bump:

Bump because of today's witness, the owner/handler of Bones. The cadaver dog who got a "trained hit" in the Anthony back yard, only to return the next day to find the playhouse moved, pavers removed...there had been significant "yard work" done since the day before.

And, when Bones went to "do his stuff" again...lo and behold...he no longer got a "trained hit." Humm.

:websleuther:

:bump:

Bump because of today's witness, the owner/handler of Bones. The cadaver dog who got a "trained hit" in the Anthony back yard, only to return the next day to find the playhouse moved, pavers removed...there had been significant "yard work" done since the day before.

And, when Bones went to "do his stuff" again...lo and behold...he no longer got a "trained hit." Humm.

:websleuther:

Last night I watched a show on ID (New Detectives) and it was all about dogs and how they are trained to alert to certain things. I only made it through the first case (wish I would have taped it... I fell asleep?), but the first case was a murder set up as a house fire. The dog that was used was trained to smell excelerants... and the dog did hit on the exact location where they had recovered the body. The detectives then took the ashes (dirt, debris, etc...) from that exact location and put inside tin cans. They later used chromatography to determine the excelerant.

What I would like to know is why the detectives in this case didn't collect the soil (grass?) from the area the dog alerted on? Or did they?

I've said this before...the pool box didn't belong next to the "round" pool. The box was "oblong" I believe it was under the window where "they" said the hibiscus bush was moved from. And "they" moved the hibiscus bush next to one of the sheds. "They" knew what was going on, that's why so much "yard work" was done after Bones hit. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back