The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a woman that is a partner with Brodksy's firm. Their website is in one of the threads. Ironically enough, Reem is cute, brown haired, big brown eyes, pretty smile and just Drews type.

When I saw her on the news clip this morning I thought the same thing SuziQ..hmmm...now we know why Drew picked this firm to represent him.

When I saw her on the news clip this morning I thought the same thing SuziQ..hmmm...now we know why Drew picked this firm to represent him.

Maybe that's the girlfriend we've been looking for - oh no wait, can't be. She's too old, obviously - she is old enough to have a job. LOL

Drew had plenty of time to be emptying that barrel of the chlorine, and didn't really need to empty all of it to be able to handle it himself. He ordered it 3 to 4 weeks before Stacy disappeared, about the same time Stacy asked for a divorce and according to Cassandra Drew said he would like her to wait forthat until he retired in a few weeks. Therefore this could have been planned prior to Oct 28th. Some probably got siphoned off into the pool, some down the drain, etc..until it was able to be handled by 1 person.

The news clip said they found blue chips/pieces from something inside the back of his car, if it was a rubbermaid would that really leave that much residue behind. I could see if it was the big barrel that paint was chipped off but a rubbermaid? IMO

Drew had plenty of time to be emptying that barrel of the chlorine, and didn't really need to empty all of it to be able to handle it himself. He ordered it 3 to 4 weeks before Stacy disappeared, about the same time Stacy asked for a divorce and according to Cassandra Drew said he would like her to wait forthat until he retired in a few weeks. Therefore this could have been planned prior to Oct 28th. Some probably got siphoned off into the pool, some down the drain, etc..until it was able to be handled by 1 person.

Yeah and that's something that I just don't understand. We have a pool and I order my products in Apr - not Sept. Even if he wanted to treat the pool for the season before winter set in, he would not need the amount that he ordered.

I totally agree with you, DD. I believe he was planning Stacy's "vacation" long before Stacy disappeared. That is also why I firmly believe that he convinced her to "wait until I retire" to get the divorce - gave him time to come up with a plan.

Just MHO

Wow!

You all have been busy since I was here yesterday! :D

I'm glad I was wrong on the person who helped Drew P move that container. I was hoping he wouldn't get his own son involved. On the other hand, I was right about why he and his wife are out of the country, a delayed honeymoon. That's sweet. :)

Anywhooooo, I too think DP had this planned well in advance and there most definitely WAS A BLUE BARRELL! There's too much evidence pointing to that fact!

What does he think? Everyone is as stooopid as him?!

Everyone else is lying and he's telling the truth?:slap:

The neighbor saw both cars in the driveway and he said she's lying. Now his step-brother said he helped him and he's lying too. Her sister saw the blue barrel at the house, and what? She's lying too!?:p

Gimmmeeee a BREAK!

JMHO
fran

I hope Greta can get some factual info on the barrel and the rubbermaid rectangle for us..different reporters seem to be saying different, yet similair things. The story runs the same..just the box vs the barrel and the time of Thomas first call to a friend..which I beleive would have been his wife..there again some stations reporting ex-wife. Suppose they mean that after Thomas got home that night, drank and took his meds he maybe slept..then woke up to the news of Stacy missing, called his wife or firend, continued drinking and medicating himself and before yu know it he has od.

Just hope Greta can get some of the details straightened out of us.

Here are some obvious questions about the blue barrel. Sorry if these have already been asked. I've been focused on Lisa Stebic more than this case:

1. Who buys 30 gallons worth of chlorine to clean their pool. Most pools use around 2 gallons to close.
2. If Drew did purchase it for his pool, you could tell by testing his pool if he used 30 gallons. If not, ask him what he did with the extra.
3. Why on earth would anybody bring a chlorine barrel inside your house, especially into a bedroom.
4. What, other than a body, would you fill a container up so full and heavy that you need to have someone help carry it. If it was garbage, furniture, clothes, or any other normal thing you would take out of a bedroom, wouldn't you put it in several garbage bags, or smaller boxes?
5. What is the time frame around the purchase of the chlorine? How does it coincide with his closing of his pool?
6. Does a purchase of this much quantity of a chemical require a paper trail? If so, there should be a record of the purchase. Drew should need to account for the usage of 30 gallons of chlorine.

From reader over at findstacypeterson.com it seems the pool man that sold Drew the chlorine thought it was an awful lot for an above ground pool..well out of the ordinary. He went to the police and gave them info about the purchase.

The news clip said they found blue chips/pieces from something inside the back of his car, if it was a rubbermaid would that really leave that much residue behind. I could see if it was the big barrel that paint was chipped off but a rubbermaid? IMO
It could have been pieces of some kind of manufacturing logo pasted on the barrel.

close, good questions, Not that I have answers but I wanted to add to what you have questioned.

He denies ever buying chlorine to begin with according to his lawyer, as for a paper trail i'm not sure. As for the blue barrel in the bedroom, this is why I come back to the rubbermaid, that is easier to explain however, if it was a blue barrel, who's to say he had chlorine in it at all, he could have found the barrel, told people there was chlorine in it when actually it was empty and he planned on putting Stacey in it.

Here are some obvious questions about the blue barrel. Sorry if these have already been asked. I've been focused on Lisa Stebic more than this case:

1. Who buys 30 gallons worth of chlorine to clean their pool. Most pools use around 2 gallons to close.
2. If Drew did purchase it for his pool, you could tell by testing his pool if he used 30 gallons. If not, ask him what he did with the extra.
3. Why on earth would anybody bring a chlorine barrel inside your house, especially into a bedroom.
4. What, other than a body, would you fill a container up so full and heavy that you need to have someone help carry it. If it was garbage, furniture, clothes, or any other normal thing you would take out of a bedroom, wouldn't you put it in several garbage bags, or smaller boxes?
5. What is the time frame around the purchase of the chlorine? How does it coincide with his closing of his pool?
6. Does a purchase of this much quantity of a chemical require a paper trail? If so, there should be a record of the purchase. Drew should need to account for the usage of 30 gallons of chlorine.

Cassandra posted a picture of a barrel that's identical to the one she saw in the garage. It's not the type of a barrel with a lid on it. It's one-piece construction and it's got two holes about 3 inches in diameter for a pump to be attached to. In order to use it to put anything else in, you'd have to saw the top off it. If that's what was done, that would account for the bits of blue plastic LE found in the vehicle.....still loose shavings from having the top sawed off.

The barrel was purchased about a month before Stacy disappeared. Cassandra saw it in the garage about two weeks prior to Stacy's disappearance and asked her about it. Stacy said it was pool chlorine DP had purchased.

There was a report that since Stacy's disappearance, the pool man whom DP ordered the chlorine from has spoken to LE.

How long have the Petersons lived there and how long have they had the pool? If he's been buying small tubs of chlorine year after year (which ought to be traceable if he bought it via credit card), then he suddenly buys a barrel late this year, then we've got a behavioral change that merits a look into.

The pool:

7y6ebrn.jpg

Who orders a barrel of chlorine at the END of the swimming season?

Rolling a barrel out of a truck can be done by one. It takes 2 to lift it up and put it into a vehicle.

I haven't seen these questions asked yet:
1) How soon after Morphey was asked to wait with Drew's phone did "Stacy" call Drew's phone?
2) How long was Morphey waiting? i.e. the period of time from when Drew dropped off Morphey to wait for the phone call until Drew returned. 1 hour? 2 hours? More?
3) Was the barrel in the truck when Drew returned to pick up Morphey?

If the barrel was disposed of at the same time as "Stacy's" phone call, then we would be able to determine a pretty good radius of how far Drew could have driven to get rid of the barrel. Finding out the tower that her cellphone pinged on further helps us pinpoint Drew's location during this time.

If the barrel was still in the car when Drew returned to pick up Morphey, then Drew had ample time to hide the barrel almost anywhere.

I am hoping it is the former situation.

I bet it is going to turn out that there was a ping on her cell phone from the airport area about this time, because isn't there a statement he made that she was going on a vacation and he picked her car up from the airport? I bet he took her phone near there and then made a call to this fellow who had his. But, unless he had her phone turned completely off, it would have been constantly pinging wouldnt it??

Still there is no way he dumped 30 gallons of chlorine in it. That much would likely damage the liner.

Chlorine can be used to make bombs. Maybe LE should get Homeland Security involved. Not that I think he was making a bomb, but I'd like to see his lawyer try to stop Homeland Security from questioning him about what he did with the 30 gallons of chlorine, and the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member