The Bonfire

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok so I have heard about the Tire Belts, But in one of the interrogations of BD, didn't Det. Fass. TELL Brendan he knows because TH was intertwined in the bench seat they burned? I need to look that up again.

True, depending on the range of the phone. Hard to believe that he would be talking to his girlfriend outside by a fire pit with another woman's body being burned and pretend like nothing is going on.

I'm looking for the phone call right now so that I can focus on the background noise.

The testimony about the steel belts and how they were positioned in the fire pit in relation to the bones found would be useful.

Is it now alleged there was no bonfire that night? That too was made up and/or planted?

Ok so I have heard about the Tire Belts, But in one of the interrogations of BD, didn't Det. Fass. TELL Brendan he knows because TH was intertwined in the bench seat they burned? I need to look that up again.

Are these transcribed anywhere for quick reference?

I keep seeing the suggestion that bones "intertwined" with steel belts would confirm the burning in that pit but weren't they bone fragments?

I keep seeing the suggestion that bones "intertwined" with steel belts would confirm the burning in that pit but weren't they bone fragments?

Yes but even if that is true, someone burned her body and who is to say they didn't use tires/bench seat from the junkyard??

Can we start a Just the Facts thread with links to back up the facts?

Also, I'm willing to transcribe the jail phone calls from the Netflix Documentary. I don't see them anywhere. Am I missing them? Anyone interested in helping me and where should they be posted??
Sure. You can start a thread.

Yes but it was testified that some of the fragments had to be physically seperated from the steel belts.

Yes but it was testified that some of the fragments had to be physically seperated from the steel belts.

Do you know who the witness was that testified to that? I want to review that testimony.

Thanks.

When I was a teen in the late 90s we used our cordless phones to hide where we were when we snuck out. We would put the phone in the mailbox at the street and come back and use it to call parents, so they would see from caller ID we were where we said we were. Even though we weren't, we were out and about. I have no doubt his cordless reached outside his trailer.

And as far as talking on the phone normally...murderers do such things all the time, that isn't hard for me to believe either. Jodi Arias drove to another mans house and acted as nothing had happened and she left voicemails on Travis's phone calmly as well. People who can commit heinous crimes are not normal.

Trying to work out a timeline here...

2:27: Halbach speaks to Auto Trader. She's roughly ten minutes away from whoever her next shoot is with.

2:30-2:45: Bobby Dassey sees Halbach taking pictures.

2:41: Halbach phone is still operable. Receives a call that registers "NACF."

2:45-3:00: Bobby Dassey exits the shower and sees Halbach talking to Avery.

3:00: Bobby leaves to go hunting.

3:00-3:40: Bobby Dassey and Scott Tadych pass each other on their hunting trips.

3:40: Brendan and Blaine Dassey get off the school bus. Bus driver sees Halbach taking pictures of the Janda van.

3:30-4:00: Propane guy sees Halbach's SUV turn left onto 147.

4:00-4:15: Brendan talks to Travis Fabian on the phone.

4:35: Avery calls Halbach.

4:00-5:30: Blaine plays on the computer while Brendan plays his PS2 in the same room. During this time Brendan also cleaned his room per his mom's instructions.

5:00-5-30: Barb Janda returns home. Someone must have cooked dinner because Brendan mentioned that he ate dinner.

5:30: Blaine left for Trick-or-Treating... Picked up by his friend's parent.

5:30: Scott Tadych arrives to take Barb to visit his mother in the hospital in Green Bay.

5:37-5:52: Call to Avery's home phone from Jodi.

5:57-6:03: Call between Chuck and Steve Avery.

6:05-6:15: Chuck arrives at Steven's trailer.

7:00: Brendan answers a call from Blaine's employer. Tells him Blaine isn't home.

8:30: Barb arrives home.

8:55: Avery calls Dassey residence.

9:00-9:15: Call from Jodi to Avery's home.

10:00-10:30: Call from Barb Janda, Brendan must come home.

When exactly did Brendan engage in this rape/murder scenario? Did he do it between Cool-Pop breaks?

Propane guy doesn't see "THs SUV" he's sees a vehicle that matches that description. Btw eye witness testimony such as that is often unreliable. Dark colored SUVs are extremely common. So I don't think he's lying by any means but I've watched a study on eye witnesses before where they all were shown the same thing. They all described it differently even getting the color of the shirt wrong.

Indeed, Amber, in fact it's often false eyewitness or wrong eyewitness testimony that causes wrongful convictions. The cases we hear about being overturned... a lot of them are because of false direct evidence, specifically eye witnesses and sometimes coerced/wrong confessions. And ironically it's circumstantial evidence (like DNA) that often proves their innocence.

Propane guy doesn't see "THs SUV" he's sees a vehicle that matches that description. Btw eye witness testimony such as that is often unreliable. Dark colored SUVs are extremely common. So I don't think he's lying by any means but I've watched a study on eye witnesses before where they all were shown the same thing. They all described it differently even getting the color of the shirt wrong.

Yet nobody came forward and said "That was me leaving the property at that time"?

There was a case in my town in which a woman allegedly disappeared after going jogging. Lots of people thought they spotted the "tall, thin female runner, running in dark shorts and a white top" on a Saturday morning...in an area with lots of weekend runners and many, many tall, thin, female runners with hair in ponytail.

Her estranged husband had murdered her in the wee hours --she never left her house alive, but the husband's supporters used the "well, none of these other runners came forward to say, "that was me running at the time in that area" ... so that means it was HER/the victim!" :rolleyes:

He eventually pled guilty to her murder.

Wasn't there a hair that Culhane testified to being "consistent" with SA's back in 85?

There was a case in my town in which a woman allegedly disappeared after going jogging. Lots of people thought they spotted the "tall, thin female runner, running in dark shorts and a white top" on a Saturday morning...in an area with lots of weekend runners and many, many tall, thin, female runners with hair in ponytail.

Her estranged husband had murdered her in the wee hours --she never left her house alive, but the husband's supporters used the "well, none of these other runners came forward to say it must have been them these various witnesses saw... so that means it was HER!" :rolleyes:

He eventually pled guilty to her murder.

I'm sure there were TONS of "small green SUVs" just comin' and goin' that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back