The British Royal Family #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is Family Day. We celebrate on the 3rd Monday of February every year.
Thought I'd post some throwback pictures of the Royal Family.

View attachment 232618

ce7765e11b39e4aaa0805132873c104e.jpg

King George V and Queen Mary with all 6 of their kids.

View attachment 232619
Princess Alexandra with her children: future King George V , Prince Albert Victor, Princess Louise, Princess Victoria, and Princess Maud.

4D0A68D800000578-5820271-image-m-28_1528446425913.jpg

Romanov Brothers: Mikhail and Nicholas 2.

4D05F92500000578-5820271-image-m-44_1528447343912.jpg

Prince Edward (later King Edward VIII), Nicholas II of Russia, his son the Czarewitch Alexei, and The Prince of Wales (future King George VI, Queen Elizabeth's Father).

What a privilege to have so many family pictures. The average family doesn't have many photos from the 1800s and early 1900s. If you do, count yourself lucky at being able to see what your ancestors looked like.

Happy Family Day.

Nine Kings assembled at Buckingham Palace for the funeral of Edward VII, the father of George V (centre).

p01qtq9g.jpg

Standing, from left to right: Haakon VII of Norway, Ferdinand of Bulgaria, Manuel II of Portugal, Wilhelm II of Germany, George I of Greece and Albert I of Belgium.
Seated, from left to right: Alfonso XIII of Spain, George V of the United Kingdom and Frederick VIII of Denmark.
Related by blood or marriage

Last edited:
Tiara Time!

Queen Victoria's Emerald and Diamond Tiara designed for her by Prince Albert.

queen%2Bvictoria%2Bemerald%2Btiara.jpg

_victoriaemerald1859.jpg

The tiara ultimately ended up in the possession of another granddaughter, Louise, the Princess Royal and Duchess of Fife, daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. The parure has since remained with the Fife family. It was worn to the State Opening of Parliament in 1960 by the then-Duchess of Fife, one of the only examples of the diadem in use.
_vicemerfife.jpg

Tiara Time!

Queen Victoria's Emerald and Diamond Tiara designed for her by Prince Albert.

queen%2Bvictoria%2Bemerald%2Btiara.jpg

_victoriaemerald1859.jpg

The tiara ultimately ended up in the possession of another granddaughter, Louise, the Princess Royal and Duchess of Fife, daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. The parure has since remained with the Fife family. It was worn to the State Opening of Parliament in 1960 by the then-Duchess of Fife, one of the only examples of the diadem in use.
_vicemerfife.jpg

Beautiful! I love emeralds

@Keine Engel where are you, our tiara expert!

Any bets on what Beatrice will go for? Perhaps the York Tiara, which was a wedding gift to Sarah from the Queen and she has worn it many times since then. A bit fiddly, perhaps.

upload_2020-2-17_23-44-3.png

I'm struggling to find a photo of Sarah in any other tiara, I wonder if she's only ever had the one.

Why was Sarah Ferguson allowed to keep her wedding tiara while Kate wasn’t?

Meghan Markle was 'jealous' of Kate Middleton, estranged half-sister Samantha Markle claims

Samantha further claimed that her half-sister purposefully ruined the Duchess of Cambridge's birthday in January with the announcement that she made with Prince Harry, saying they were stepping back as senior members of the British royal family.

The shocking announcement came out on Jan. 8, while Kate's birthday is Jan. 9. "Sad she would do that on Kate's birthday - I believe she was jealous of beautiful Kate," Samantha told the Daily Star Online on Monday.

“She could never compare -- Kate is iconic!" Samantha added. "Perfect Queen material and lovely as a family member, especially as a mother."

Samantha also slammed Meghan, 38, and Harry, 35, for allegedly trying to strike a business deal with Disney CEO Bob Iger at the UK premiere of "The Lion King" in July.

Wish Samantha would go away, shes Meghan's Paul Burrell, she has no more insight or information than shes already revealed.

I wonder will Thomas Markle follow through with his demands and do an interview a month like he said (his last was the end of January) his next must be coming up soon or he's been talked to like he wanted.

Another royal divorce. David Armstrong-Jones (Earl of Snowdon) and his wife Serena have separated after 26 years of marriage. David is the son of Princess Margaret, who was Elizabeths sister.Earl of Snowdon and his wife 'amicably agree' to divorce

How sad! Am I right in thinking that Serena was the last person from an aristocratic background to marry into the RF? Although maybe Camilla would be considered an aristo as her Mother was the daughter of a baron but as she didn't have a title I doubt it. Beatrice's Eduardo will be the next, its quite a gap.

Hope this isn't the start of a string of royal divorces

Here's how much money Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could need to maintain their lavish lifestyle once they're 'financially independent'

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry appear to already be working toward financial independence after announcing in January plans to step back from their royal duties and titles.

They reportedly fired their 15-person staff in the UK and are closing their Buckingham Palace office. Last week, they made an appearance at a JPMorgan event in Miami, a palace representative confirmed to Insider's Darcy Schild. And Harry has also held talks with Goldman Sachs”

Beautiful! I love emeralds

@Keine Engel where are you, our tiara expert!

Any bets on what Beatrice will go for? Perhaps the York Tiara, which was a wedding gift to Sarah from the Queen and she has worn it many times since then. A bit fiddly, perhaps.

View attachment 232734

I'm struggling to find a photo of Sarah in any other tiara, I wonder if she's only ever had the one.

Why was Sarah Ferguson allowed to keep her wedding tiara while Kate wasn’t?

Same. Cant seem to find any photo of Sarah wearing a tiara other than the York Tiara.

Another royal divorce. David Armstrong-Jones (Earl of Snowdon) and his wife Serena have separated after 26 years of marriage. David is the son of Princess Margaret, who was Elizabeths sister.

Earl of Snowdon and his wife 'amicably agree' to divorce

Anything else 2020 wants to throw at the Queen?

It is very sad news. I feel sorry for Her Majesty she needs some happy family news.

Meghan Markle was 'jealous' of Kate Middleton, estranged half-sister Samantha Markle claims

Samantha further claimed that her half-sister purposefully ruined the Duchess of Cambridge's birthday in January with the announcement that she made with Prince Harry, saying they were stepping back as senior members of the British royal family.

The shocking announcement came out on Jan. 8, while Kate's birthday is Jan. 9. "Sad she would do that on Kate's birthday - I believe she was jealous of beautiful Kate," Samantha told the Daily Star Online on Monday.

“She could never compare -- Kate is iconic!" Samantha added. "Perfect Queen material and lovely as a family member, especially as a mother."

Samantha also slammed Meghan, 38, and Harry, 35, for allegedly trying to strike a business deal with Disney CEO Bob Iger at the UK premiere of "The Lion King" in July.

I don’t disagree with her positive comments about the Duchess of Cambridge but I do wish she would keep quiet.

He shouldn’t be having a party why can’t he be happy with a family dinner at Buckingham Palace.

“The nation cringed when Prince Harry buttonholed Disney boss Bob Iger at the London premiere of The Lion King, aggressively pitching Meghan’s availability for “voiceover” work.

A member of the Royal Family begging a Hollywood big-shot for work was not a pretty sight.

When they handed in their letter of resignation, Harry and Meghan made lofty announcements about “collaborating” with the Queen, as though Her Majesty, 93, is some grime DJ who could be brought in to remix their latest single.

The brutal truth is that we will not see much of Harry and Meghan in these parts.

But by turning their backs on the royal life, Harry and Meghan have placed themselves in an almost impossible situation.

That is the wonderful irony about our runaway royals.

Harry and Meghan may despise everything about the royal life — the endless scrutiny, the boring engagements, all those fixed smiles for the peasants when they could be hanging out with Oprah and the Obamas and the Clooneys.

We get it. We truly do.

But do Harry and Meghan understand and ever admit to themselves that they owe EVERYTHING to their royal connections?

Without the magic dust that royalty bestows, JP Morgan — one of the world’s richest banks — would never have flown them in a private jet to an exclusive company beano. Don’t tell Greta Thunberg!

And without his royal blood, Prince Harry would not be in talks with Goldman Sachs about a future relationship

They claim to want to be financially independent of Prince Charles and the British taxpayer.

Then they will have to grab the big pay days where they can.

They will have to earn phenomenal sums of money to fund the lavish lifestyle to which they are accustomed.

But there is absolutely nothing in either of their CVs to suggest they can make that kind of dough without flogging their royal connections to the highest bidder.

If Harry and Meghan are going to support themselves, they are going to have to get their hands dirty in the working world”

Another royal divorce. David Armstrong-Jones (Earl of Snowdon) and his wife Serena have separated after 26 years of marriage. David is the son of Princess Margaret, who was Elizabeths sister.

Earl of Snowdon and his wife 'amicably agree' to divorce

Anything else 2020 wants to throw at the Queen?
Sad news. Hope the media will leave them alone. I feel sorry for The Queen, divorces and departures all so close together, must be very upsetting for her.

Does anyone else have as many downright rotten and toxic family members as Meghan?
What is so wrong with them, what is missing from their own lives that they have to make it their life's mission to attack, torment and belittle her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member