The British Royal Family #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, baby Archie picture, is what we were waiting for, for awhile now. He's a cutie. Looks like Harry, Thomas and Meghan . Sweet baby. I think he will be a football player, but that's just me... Da Bears :) (Chicago Bears)!!!
I bought my first tea cup at their wedding. Not pricey, but it's cute.
If anyone bought a tea cup, post it!!
Because this pitting woman against woman is getting depressing, really it is.
So please let us see your tea cups!! :)
View attachment 246067

This is the family china set (couldn't upload actual picture). Not sure how many times it's been used, not one ever came over for tea, it was always large dinner, lunch, cookouts, but never an after dinner tea time with guests.
teatset1000018910_-00_group_royal-albert-old-country-roses-tea-set-3-piece-update.jpg

This is a copy of my personal tea cup that I love. From Sophie Conran's Portmeirion line, I drink out of it almost every day.
sophie-conran-cup-saucer.jpeg

Archie is only one, I think he'll look like both sides for at least a couple more years. Hopefully we get to see him grow without the media being intrusive into his life. A regular childhood would be great for him regardless of where he lives.
upload_2020-5-8_16-52-7.png

britains-queen-elizabeth-ii-and-prince-harry-share-a-joke-news-photo-107934124-1562119335.jpg

prince-harry-1534358532.jpg

This is the family china set (couldn't upload actual picture). Not sure how many times it's been used, not one ever came over for tea, it was always large dinner, lunch, cookouts, but never an after dinner tea time with guests.
teatset1000018910_-00_group_royal-albert-old-country-roses-tea-set-3-piece-update.jpg

This is a copy of my personal tea cup that I love. From Sophie Conran's Portmeirion line, I drink out of it almost every day.
sophie-conran-cup-saucer.jpeg

Archie is only one, I think he'll look like both sides for at least a couple more years. Hopefully we get to see him grow without the media being intrusive into his life. A regular childhood would be great for him regardless of where he lives.
View attachment 246148

britains-queen-elizabeth-ii-and-prince-harry-share-a-joke-news-photo-107934124-1562119335.jpg

prince-harry-1534358532.jpg
Ooooh those roses! Pretty. :)
I have been eyeballing my kitchen area for space. Maybe a little shelf.
I want a few more cup/saucers, it's hard to choose just one set. :)o_O

C2D18F65-9066-4FEF-97D2-BA407284426B.jpeg F2193855-5257-4DAD-8ED9-A328290689E3.jpeg

Royal expert Judy Wade describes a time when Mrs Thatcher desperately wanted to find out what the Queen was wearing to an event they were both attending.

The Prime Minister – who served from 1979 to 1990 – is said to have “rang up the Palace one day to say she was going to a big dinner that night with the Queen, and she wanted to know what colour the Queen was wearing so she wouldn’t clash”.

This sparked a response from Her Majesty which further suggests their relationship was complicated.

The reply from the Palace is said to have been: “Don’t worry, the Queen never notices what other women are wearing.”

The response from Downing Street is a source of mystery but Mrs Thatcher seemingly never lost her respect for the institution.

Queen's savage response to Margaret Thatcher's fashion request exposed

I love stories like this one.

I hope everyone is well. Sorry I have been away it has been a rough few weeks but I’m slowly improving. Best wishes to you all.

I hope William and Harry can repair their relationship and become very close again at some point. They both love their Mum very much and I am sure she would want this.

I hope so too. The statue link left me a bit confused - Lady Diana in a sexy evening dress with a crown rather than helping AIDS children? Would she want to be remembered as glamourous or kind?

View attachment 246248 View attachment 246249

Royal expert Judy Wade describes a time when Mrs Thatcher desperately wanted to find out what the Queen was wearing to an event they were both attending.

The Prime Minister – who served from 1979 to 1990 – is said to have “rang up the Palace one day to say she was going to a big dinner that night with the Queen, and she wanted to know what colour the Queen was wearing so she wouldn’t clash”.

This sparked a response from Her Majesty which further suggests their relationship was complicated.

The reply from the Palace is said to have been: “Don’t worry, the Queen never notices what other women are wearing.”

The response from Downing Street is a source of mystery but Mrs Thatcher seemingly never lost her respect for the institution.

Queen's savage response to Margaret Thatcher's fashion request exposed

I love stories like this one.

I hope everyone is well. Sorry I have been away it has been a rough few weeks but I’m slowly improving. Best wishes to you all.
Hello Greg good to see you here. Sorry to hear you've had a rough time and glad you are improving.

Not a sculptor, but how about this:

images

Image plucked from a Google search for "Diana at Taj Mahal."

JMHO YMMV
This image is so loaded, I can't imagine the brothers wanting to commemorate it.

She was making a huge statement about being alone (and unloved) at the greatest world monument for the love of a man for a woman.

And it was deliberate staging. It was a direct shot to Prince Charles, their father. She knew how the media would carry this.

I almost favor slinky gown Diana over this.

But honestly, I think the brothers would have much better taste and regard for her goodness than either of these statues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members