The British Royal Family #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Archie's first birthday: Harry and Meghan release adorable video of their son as they read story to him for Save The Children campaign

Meghan reads to adorable Archie in new video on his first birthday

Archie is such a cutie & he’s gotten so big!

Yes, Archie is adorable & looks like his Dad as a baby!

I know that Meghan worked as an actor.

She's not reading that book with Archie. She's reading that book with the camera.

Just my professional opinion, my Master's degree is in Early Childhood and I've worked to train teachers in early literacy.

Archie is probably wearing a onesie, just a onesie, to avoid the typical rush to buy the outfit displayed.

Good to hear Harry's voice!

She's not reading that book with Archie. She's reading that book with the camera.

Just my professional opinion, my Master's degree is in Early Childhood and I've worked to train teachers in early literacy.

Archie is probably wearing a onesie, just a onesie, to avoid the typical rush to buy the outfit displayed.

I agree with all you have wrote. I would add I think the tying to a charity was a case of whatever she did was going to be wrong. No other celebrity family releases photos on their child’s birthdays apart from the BRF. But, be honest as much as everyone was eager for her to retreat into solitude as promised, we did all want to see an Archie update, they have given us this in an alternative way (and I jumped with glee when I heard Harry and Archie chatter at the end).

More of the same. Couldn't it just be about a little boy's birthday instead of a display of how woke they are ?

A lot of people are doing spots to publicize Save with Stories.

She is reading the book to both Archie and the camera. It's a visual perception challenge book. Is it a Rabbit or Duck?
Seems normal to show it to the viewer.

Last edited:
A lot of people are Save with Stories

She is reading the book to both Archie and the camera. It's a visual perception challenge book. Is it a Rabbit or Duck?

And isn't the point that lots of people are reading children's books so families can sit and watch together? It wasn't like uploading a private home movie, reading to the camera is the point of the activity.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The video is a few minutes long, Archie's celebration party was no doubt much longer, and I am guessing pretty private. Also I am confident they would send family, family pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people are doing spots to publicize Save with Stories.

I don't think she's reading the book to the baby. She isn't connecting with him at all other than telling him to turn the page, and then she turns the pages. Children like to look at pictures and drink them in, they want to understand all the pieces in the picture on the page and they don't care what page they are on. She isn't telling a story. She's showing pictures of a book to a camera and talking. Strikes me as a very strange situation to put on the internet.

I don't think she's reading the book to the baby. She isn't connecting with him at all other than telling him to turn the page, and then she turns the pages. Children like to look at pictures and drink them in, they want to understand all the pieces in the picture on the page and they don't care what page they are on. She isn't telling a story. She's showing pictures of a book to a camera and talking. Strikes me as a very strange situation to put on the internet.

At 1 yr old, babies don't sit still when you read to them. It's about bonding and playing with the baby, that's why books for 1 and 2 year olds are short and simple.
You can tell Meghan or someone reads to him regularly; he tried to turn the pages and reacted to the duck noises. He also tried to eat the book, another sign of a happy healthy baby (trying to eat things that are not edible).

I'm not a MM fan, but she did a good job reading the story to both the viewers and Archie.

Thank you mods for removing so many of the spiteful comments on this thread.

Anyway, here’s Kate, who has joined forces with the National Portrait Gallery to launch a community photography project designed to catch the 'spirit, mood, hopes and fears' of the nation.

The project, titled Hold Still, showcases the lives of those who have put everything on hold to help protect our NHS - and the reality of everyday life on the frontline for our helpers and heroes.

Duchess of Cambridge teams up with National Portrait Gallery to launch community photography project | Daily Mail Online

Discussion of how Archie was dressed in the video is irrelevant. He's a baby and insinuations that the attire was inappropriate or somehow indicative of less than stellar parenting is distasteful. Some posts have been removed.

Please move on from that rag-mag type of discussion. It is simply not Websleuths style.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member