Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This makes me so sad. Everything about it is so horrific. Melissa must have been terrified when she realized what was happening.
What a beautiful and compassionate soul she was.
She certainly deserved to live happily ever after. Then this monster steals her life
and upends the lives of her loved ones, her friends, her co-workers and her neighbors.
What a nightmare!
We really do live among evil, depraved people who have a blatant disregard for the sanctity of human life. This perp certainly has poor impulse control. I wonder if this was his first assault/ murder or if he just became more brazen after getting away with prior evil.
Imho

This is just a devastating crime, on so many levels.

JMO, it's beyond sobering to realize how easily someone can become prey, especially women and children. It feels cruelly unjust to me, our vulnerability to predators. Murders like this one - to be targeted, selected and killed in the environs of your home base - how can any one of us ever really guard against such a possibility? Why should we have to?

And yes, The Gift of Fear, sure, useful reading. But what if only what happened that morning was all that was different from any other day? What if she had never laid eyes on him before? What would have triggered her intuition?

IMO, Melissa Jubane seemed to have been living her life with focus and meaning: long, long partnership culminating in their recent wedding; professional nursing career and all the years of school leading up to that; apartment in a nice, seemingly secure building; a pet, a captivating future and the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Where in that portrait is there the need or even the space to be mindful that monsters are everywhere? What kind of armor is so heavy that it can keep you safe but also let you breathe, let you live?

I feel so bad for all who have lost her.

What a very sad case. This reminds many other people here in Oregon of another case of a young married woman giving a friend a ride to work who lived in the same apt complex as her in Gresham, Oregon and he killed her. That motive in that case was obsession because he got rejected for his advances so when this case blew up a few days ago, that was my thought what happened here too. The suspect use to live in Newberg (my hometown now after moving away from Portland) <modsnip>. RIP Melissa, you did not deserve to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a very sad case. This reminds many other people here in Oregon of another case of a young married woman giving a friend a ride to work who lived in the same apt complex as her in Gresham, Oregon and he killed her. That motive in that case was obsession because he got rejected for his advances so when this case blew up a few days ago, that was my thought what happened here too. The suspect use to live in Newberg (my hometown now after moving away from Portland) <modsnip>. RIP Melissa, you did not deserve to die.
Yes, Whitney Heichel. Also reminds me of Nicole Laub, who was in the middle of her workday at an apt complex in 2014 about three miles from Melissa Jubane's apartments.

IMO

I thought of that case immediately when I first read about this young woman (I went to grad school in Portland for 3 years). It's been about 14 years, also a newlywed killed by the neighbor. Fortunately her killer got life without parole and his wife immediately divorced him. I hope there is some justice for Melissa - she didn't deserve this.

This is just a devastating crime, on so many levels.

JMO, it's beyond sobering to realize how easily someone can become prey, especially women and children. It feels cruelly unjust to me, our vulnerability to predators. Murders like this one - to be targeted, selected and killed in the environs of your home base - how can any one of us ever really guard against such a possibility? Why should we have to?

And yes, The Gift of Fear, sure, useful reading. But what if only what happened that morning was all that was different from any other day? What if she had never laid eyes on him before? What would have triggered her intuition?

IMO, Melissa Jubane seemed to have been living her life with focus and meaning: long, long partnership culminating in their recent wedding; professional nursing career and all the years of school leading up to that; apartment in a nice, seemingly secure building; a pet, a captivating future and the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Where in that portrait is there the need or even the space to be mindful that monsters are everywhere? What kind of armor is so heavy that it can keep you safe but also let you breathe, let you live?

I feel so bad for all who have lost her.
Same. Obviously her family will never be the same. But we as a society have lost a gem. I'll certainly be following along to see what in the world could have happened to make this young man to lose his flipping mind and do this. I know the 'whys' are always hard to pinpoint, but maybe there's something that can help prevent this tragedy in the future.

I have to look into my lease agreement, but I haven't seen any around the building, which leads me to think it's not allowed.
When I was on the search, neighbors said they were forbidden, which to me is bizarre. I'm sure they had their reasons, but in light of world events and this tragedy, let folks have their ring cameras. Maybe it would have prevented this nut job to be so bold knowing he was on camera, IDK.

yeah I'm just trying to make sense of where and how this happened - we're missing a lot of details for sure
My hunch is he lured her in his apartment like what happened to my neighbor years ago. She probably recognized him, and he was like 'hey can you help me for just a sec' (Ted Bundy style too). Most of us would be like, sure, I have to get to work but what's up?

It will be interesting to see what he did to lure her - or if he straight up pulled a gun and forced her inside. This really is such a sick, horrible case.

I also wonder if he had a plan to dispose of her body - like did he wheel her out in suitcases with a planned dump site, and in order to accept a plea of possibly second degree murder, he told them where her body was? Or was she still in his apartment...

Or...I could be totally wrong and he met her in the garage, pulled a gun, forced her in the car and then killed her. Just looking at the building, I feel like he lured her into his apartment asking for help with something, and she being a sweet helper said sure.

My hunch is he lured her in his apartment like what happened to my neighbor years ago. She probably recognized him, and he was like 'hey can you help me for just a sec' (Ted Bundy style too). Most of us would be like, sure, I have to get to work but what's up?

It will be interesting to see what he did to lure her - or if he straight up pulled a gun and forced her inside. This really is such a sick, horrible case.

I also wonder if he had a plan to dispose of her body - like did he wheel her out in suitcases with a planned dump site, and in order to accept a plea of possibly second degree murder, he told them where her body was? Or was she still in his apartment...

Or...I could be totally wrong and he met her in the garage, pulled a gun, forced her in the car and then killed her. Just looking at the building, I feel like he lured her into his apartment asking for help with something, and she being a sweet helper said sure.
Yes, the Ted Bundy method.

Same. Obviously her family will never be the same. But we as a society have lost a gem. I'll certainly be following along to see what in the world could have happened to make this young man to lose his flipping mind and do this. I know the 'whys' are always hard to pinpoint, but maybe there's something that can help prevent this tragedy in the future.
Sadly I don't believe the 'why's' in any case will prevent monsters from ripping innocent families apart for their own sick reasons. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back