The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A message from Her Majesty, The Queen:

" As Volunteer's Week draws to a close, it is inspiring to reflect on the many thousands of people, who through their acts of generosity and kindness, have achieved so much for the greater good.

I have been following with interest how men and women from around the world, including my own family, have been helping and recognising the vital role of the volunteer.

I send my best wishes to all those who give themselves so freely and selflessly in the service of others.

Elizabeth R"

As always: strong, kind, graceful, and sincere. The most Majestic of women

God Save the Queen

A message from Her Majesty, The Queen:

" As Volunteer's Week draws to a close, it is inspiring to reflect on the many thousands of people, who through their acts of generosity and kindness, have achieved so much for the greater good.

I have been following with interest how men and women from around the world, including my own family, have been helping and recognising the vital role of the volunteer.

I send my best wishes to all those who give themselves so freely and selflessly in the service of others.

Elizabeth R"

As always: strong, kind, graceful, and sincere. The most Majestic of women

God Save the Queen

Considering our Queen's age, I feel like she's seen it all, but then she says things like, "I have been following with interest..." and it makes you realize that she is humble enough to be open to learning new things, and still has a sense of awe and wonder.
I love that about her.
princess-elizabeth-amongst-a-syringa-bush-in-the-grounds-of-news-photo-3094378-1566011663.jpg

Considering our Queen's age, I feel like she's seen it all, but then she says things like, "I have been following with interest..." and it makes you realize that she is humble enough to be open to learning new things, and still has a sense of awe and wonder.
I love that about her.
princess-elizabeth-amongst-a-syringa-bush-in-the-grounds-of-news-photo-3094378-1566011663.jpg

Sigh, lovely photo.

Yes, she does keep up with the times, although she still seems to use the rotary phone on her desk. I think those rotary phones are better for those of us with a little hearing loss. I doubt she is foolish enough to put the conversations with the Prime Minister or head of state on speakerphone.

I think she just takes such a keen interest in the world and in the welfare of her subjects. I don't really think she is stepping back much, other than perhaps a few less large garden parties.

My favorite photos are of her riding her trusty horses in Windsor.

What do you all think Harry will do in LA in order to earn his keep? Do you think that Charles will financially support them for years? Although I do think the Tatler article is rubbish, it seems unfair for one brother and his wife to be out and about for hundreds of events each year and have loads of responsibilities and for the other brother and his wife to do very little plus get $$$ security paid for. I know from being part of a family business how quickly resentment can build. Not that we're on par with the RF.:)

What do you all think Harry will do in LA in order to earn his keep? Do you think that Charles will financially support them for years? Although I do think the Tatler article is rubbish, it seems unfair for one brother and his wife to be out and about for hundreds of events each year and have loads of responsibilities and for the other brother and his wife to do very little plus get $$$ security paid for. I know from being part of a family business how quickly resentment can build. Not that we're on par with the RF.:)
Sure. Charles brought the notoriety on in the first place. His disposable income of 300 million pounds a year should help Harry and Meghan out. They are treated outrageously.

Sure. Charles brought the notoriety on in the first place. His disposable income of 300 million pounds a year should help Harry and Meghan out. They are treated outrageously.

I didn't realize he made that much. I thought it was 25 million or something like that. To me, 25 million might as well be 300 million though.

I suppose when Charles is king, he may need to continue supporting Harry and Meghan. It doesn't seem that William should be expected to pay his brother's way. Jmo

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's American dream is in 'tatters'

So, they can't work and support themselves any longer in the style that they are accustomed? Must be nice to have a rich Dad.

They need to speak with Paris Hilton. Paris took her family name and the money she was given and worked. She owns property, she DJ's, has a lifestyle brand, etc. She works at multiple jobs.
This is the type of thing Prince Harry and Meghan need to be doing. Working their butts off.

Prince Harry could start a distillery, a men's clothing line, he can even go to university and get a master's degree in something that interests him. It feels like he lacks passion for anything that could earn him money.

They need to speak with Paris Hilton. Paris took her family name and the money she was given and worked. She owns property, she DJ's, has a lifestyle brand, etc. She works at multiple jobs.
This is the type of thing Prince Harry and Meghan need to be doing. Working their butts off.

Prince Harry could start a distillery, a men's clothing line, he can even go to university and get a master's degree in something that interests him. It feels like he lacks passion for anything that could earn him money.

Yes, Paris (and Nicky) Hilton have been interesting in their careers. Paris has really applied herself to all sorts of ventures and programs, many of which make fun of her, but in a way she controls.

Nicky Hilton has a very successful handbag line that is adored especially in Japan and China. Then she married a Rothschild heir and got too busy with family life.

Harry was never deemed academic material. There was a scandal at Eaton, where it appears others faked an art piece for Harry to claim as his own. He was known as a "weak student". Prince Harry was helped to cheat in exam, says ex-teacher

I think it was a relief when he found success as a serviceman in the UK Military, serving in Afghanistan. I think there was hope some sort of military career might keep him out of trouble.

I don't think <modsnip> knows anything about where money comes from other than the Bank of Dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feed them cake

That must be a reference to this:

"At some point around 1789, when being told that her French subjects had no bread, Marie-Antoinette (bride of France's King Louis XVI) supposedly sniffed, “Qu'ils mangent de la brioche”—“Let them eat cake.” With that callous remark, the queen became a hated symbol of the decadent monarchy and fueled the revolution"​

https://www.history.com/news/did-marie-antoinette-really-say-let-them-eat-cake

Agree, now several of these in Ozarkistan! Distillery is a very cool idea.

795E17D7-4DCB-4327-B0F2-6D45DF131340.jpeg

Happy birthday, Sir! The Queen and Prince Philip stand side-by-side in poignant photo at Windsor Castle to celebrate the Duke turning 99 - as royal expert claims the couple have spent more time together during lockdown than they have in years

Queen and Prince Philip are photographed at Windsor Castle to mark the Duke's 99th birthday | Daily Mail Online

Happy 99th Birthday to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. This has been an extremely distressing time for everyone but I am glad Her Majesty, The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have been able to spend this precious time together.

I hope everyone is well. I am ok, I’m slowly improving. Best wishes to you all.

View attachment 250573

Happy birthday, Sir! The Queen and Prince Philip stand side-by-side in poignant photo at Windsor Castle to celebrate the Duke turning 99 - as royal expert claims the couple have spent more time together during lockdown than they have in years

Queen and Prince Philip are photographed at Windsor Castle to mark the Duke's 99th birthday | Daily Mail Online

Happy 99th Birthday to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. This has been an extremely distressing time for everyone but I am glad Her Majesty, The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have been able to spend this precious time together.

It's a blessing to hear from you @gregjrichards :)

View attachment 250573

As dreadful as this lockdown has been for Her Majesty The Queen, I'll bet she is happy to have the time to spend with Prince Philip and time to do more riding in Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme