The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize he made that much. I thought it was 25 million or something like that. To me, 25 million might as well be 300 million though.

I suppose when Charles is king, he may need to continue supporting Harry and Meghan. It doesn't seem that William should be expected to pay his brother's way. Jmo
Charles also pays out a lot to William and Camilla.

That aside it is Charles that made his family a tabloid sensation.
He was ultimately able to bring in his adulterous lover as his wife, yet his faithful son and young family get hounded to death.
Prince Andrew a habitué of Epstein's Compound just got a 7 million dollar remodel of his current house and just sold his Swiss House to raise 21 million yet no complaints.

Prince Philip turns 99: Duke of Edinburgh's life in 99 images

The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip, is celebrating his 99th birthday.

He has spent over 70 years by the Queen's side and carried out more than 22,000 solo engagements by the time he stepped back from public life in 2017.

The duke is expected to spend his birthday by having a quiet lunch at Windsor Castle, where he and the Queen have been isolating during the coronavirus pandemic.

Birthday wishes will have to be by phone or video call - and it could get busy given he has 16 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

The duke may not want to make a fuss, but Sky News has compiled 99 pictures of the prince through the years - from royal weddings and foreign visits to intimate family pictures from Balmoral.

Photos at link.

Happy Birthday Prince Philip!

Thank you.

One of the truly unheralded stalwarts of the BRF is Prince Philip. Her Majesty, The Queen chose wisely with her choice of husbands and life-long mates. They come from the same generation and must be an immense source of comfort to each other, especially right now when they are physically isolated from their family at large.

Many Happy Returns to Prince Philip.

I wonder if this photo was recreated especially, I notice she's wearing the same brooch, and possibly necklace/earrings?

featured_5_3-t.jpg

Some great pics of them both here:

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's 70th anniversary: Their royal romance in photos

Last edited:
The Queen opens up personal family album for Prince Philip's 99th birthday

The Queen opened up her personal photo album as the royal family sent well-wishes to the Duke of Edinburgh on his 99th birthday on Wednesday. The Firm's Instagram account shared nine incredible photos of Prince Philip through the years, starting with a sweet image of the Queen and the Duke holding a six-month-old Prince Charles in his arms in 1949.

The carousel of photos featured some of the highlights of the monarch and the Duke's life together, including the Queen and Prince Philip waving from the balcony of Buckingham Palace at her coronation in 1953, another of the couple sitting in their living room at Balmoral castle with their corgis in 1977 and a close-up snap of the pair attending the Royal Maundy service together in 1961. The royal family also posted a photo of the Queen and the Duke at the winter rodeo during their tour of Canada in 1951, with Philip wearing a Stetson, and another portrait of the couple in the grounds of Balmoral in 1972.

Meghans refusal to respect royal protocol which includes keeping your political opinions to yourself, caused her to be disliked. She had an incredible opportunity for a fabulous life and she tossed it away. IMO I think she convinced Harry that he was getting the raw end of the deal but she was the one who wouldn’t conform. There are many celebs who are incapable of modesty, MM could have been one that embraced it.
Jumping in !!! Apologies if I am repeating...I have been holding my tongue on MM....I think she thought she was just too cute for words...very much like Fergie was likeable and relatable back when MM thought she would be a refreshing breath of air to the monarchy and not so much...she was disrespectful to the traditions and Harry is too high profile for this to go unnoticed or uncommented upon...….

RSBBM
I don't know much at all about Sophie, but at least with respect to Camilla, you only have to look back to 1996 to remember that Camilla was persona non grata with most of the western world for continuing her affair with Charles while he was married to Diana, and ultimately breaking up that marriage. That's not dignity in my book. Staying power sure......like a cockroach.

It's taken a long time for the House of Windsor to rehabilitate Camilla's image, but they still struggle with it. Even "The Crown" on Netflix had to forego the infamous "tampax phone call" between her and Charles when both of them appeared quite UNdignified, so as not to drag her back to her skanky mistress image of the late 90s. Harry and William probably did the most to help with her image improval, but I'm guessing that was at HRH's and Charles's insistence.

Catherine was viewed as a party girl and a fluff piece for many years until she and William carried on long enough that she became "Waity Katie", just biding her time until William saw the light and proposed to her. As a 21st century woman, I don't find much dignity in that. Only when she bore the Royal family the children did her image truly begin to change. Being part of that antiquated form of sexism is nothing to be proud of or to emulate IMHO.

These highly public figures pay professionals to manage their images to make sure the public at large, and the UK taxpayers in particular, stay enthralled and footing the bill.
All very true.....Sophie was viewed as opportunistic ...Kate and Pippa were referred to as Wisteria Sisters,,clinging……..And Camilla...sigh....broke up Charles and Diana...….Sophie is the Queen's fave it is said..they have many common interests (riding, military history)….I think something that gives Sophie favor is that when she and Edward married she retreated to private life...not sure if she miscarried or the birth was very difficult or fertility issues (its a while back) but she retreated and I saw her at Diana's funeral after not seeing her since I believe her wedding Edward …..I think to roll with the Royals you do your job and don't whine about bc it ain't about you....which MM needs to learn.

Fantastic....Kate had severe PPD...and Diana was bulimic....I cannot imagine what trauma he and Harry suffered when losing their Mother so young.....Mental Health struggles are nothing to be ashamed of...I came out with my anxiety disorder in February bc I couldn't take it anymore.....It a powerful thing to say out loud "I am struggling and I need help"

“He further said the two are currently enjoying their celebrity status only because of their roots with the British royal family”

How does one interpret this?^^^
Can you tell me who said that?
Obviously that is true of them all. More true of them all than it is of H&M.
Half of Harry's wealth came from Diana, clean of the RF and all of MMs money was made by her own work clean of the RF.
Once I looked into the soveriegn fund and Charles and Andrews wealth it is quite obvious that H&M are being unfairly bullied.
That they need so much security is ultimately due to Charles having turned his family into into a permanent object of tabloid revenue. Nothing is going to stop them while their disingenuous bullying sells.

The Queen to attend low-key ceremony at Windsor Castle to mark official birthday

Buckingham Palace has confirmed plans to mark the Queen's official birthday on Saturday 13 June but Trooping the Colour will not take place in its traditional form this year. Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, a small, brief, military ceremony will take place at Windsor Castle instead, where Her Majesty has been isolating since March. The scaled-down event, which will be televised on the BBC, will be conducted in accordance with strict social distancing guidelines

Saturday's ceremony will be carried out by a detachment from the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards, whose Colour was due to be trooped this year at the Queen’s birthday parade on Horse Guards. The Welsh Guards are currently stationed at Windsor Castle, and have played a key role in the military response to the Covid-19 pandemic over the past months.

The military ceremony will take place in the presence of Her Majesty and upon her arrival in the Quadrangle, the Queen will be greeted by a royal salute. A series of military drills will then be carried out as the band plays, and the ceremony will conclude with a second salute before the Queen’s departure.

Usually, the Queen and members of the royal family take part in a carriage procession from Buckingham Palace to Horse Guards parade to watch the military ceremony. The royals then gather on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to watch the fly-past.

The event has always drawn large crowds to The Mall and surrounding areas in London, but this year members of the public are being asked not to attend nor gather in Windsor town centre in the hope of seeing any of the ceremony, which is taking place behind closed doors.

The thing that bothers me most about the RF is that they watch H&M get pulled apart in the press and do nothing. It brings the question. Is the source of this animus within the RF and this is how they fight or is the RF completely owned by the yellow press?
The Queen has always seemed reasonable. But there weakness in not ferociously defending her grandson and instead setting about taking things he loved and trying to make his immediate future bleak as well.

Can you tell me who said that?

Obviously that is true of them all. More true of them all than it is of H&M.
Half of Harry's wealth came from Diana, clean of the RF and all of MMs money was made by her own work clean of the RF.

Once I looked into the soveriegn fund and Charles and Andrews wealth it is quite obvious that H&M are being unfairly bullied.

That they need so much security is ultimately due to Charles having turned his family into into a permanent object of tabloid revenue. Nothing is going to stop them while their disingenuous bullying sells.

The Royal Family needs security because they can be targeted for kidnapping, and because the family has needed protection from murderers throughout their existence.

"There were seven men in total who tried to stop Ian Ball, an unemployed labourer from north London, from kidnapping Princess Anne, Queen Elizabeth’s only daughter. A tabloid journalist, a former boxer, two chauffeurs and three policemen all faced off against Ball, but it was the princess herself, a force to be reckoned with in her own right, who kept Ball distracted from his goal,"​

The Bloody Attempt to Kidnap a British Princess | History | Smithsonian Magazine

Harry's money comes from his father (£2.4 million annual allowance), his mother (£10 million inheritance) and his maternal great-grandmother (£5 million jewels inheritance). The bulk of Harry's money comes from his father. Over a period of 12 years, his allowance exceeds his inheritance.

Over-spending by Harry and Markle on wedding, clothing and house far exceeds all inheritance and annual allowance.

The thing that bothers me most about the RF is that they watch H&M get pulled apart in the press and do nothing. It brings the question. Is the source of this animus within the RF and this is how they fight or is the RF completely owned by the yellow press?

The Queen has always seemed reasonable. But there weakness in not ferociously defending her grandson and instead setting about taking things he loved and trying to make his immediate future bleak as well.

Could you elaborate?

It appears that Markle and Harry have everything they want. They wanted to live where they could avoid the media attention, so they chose LA. They want to be financially independent, so they're couch surfing. They ran out of money to pay their debt to the taxpayers and their security, so Harry's father is paying the bills. They want to latch onto a cause that matters to society, so they chose save the planet, then mental health, now black causes. They are free to do whatever they want where ever they want. If they are still unhappy, perhaps they need to re-assess their goals and motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme