The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal Family needs security because they can be targeted for kidnapping, and because the family has needed protection from murderers throughout their existence.

"There were seven men in total who tried to stop Ian Ball, an unemployed labourer from north London, from kidnapping Princess Anne, Queen Elizabeth’s only daughter. A tabloid journalist, a former boxer, two chauffeurs and three policemen all faced off against Ball, but it was the princess herself, a force to be reckoned with in her own right, who kept Ball distracted from his goal,"​

The Bloody Attempt to Kidnap a British Princess | History | Smithsonian Magazine

Harry's money comes from his father (£2.4 million annual allowance), his mother (£10 million inheritance) and his maternal great-grandmother (£5 million jewels inheritance). The bulk of Harry's money comes from his father. Over a period of 12 years, his allowance exceeds his inheritance.

Over-spending by Harry and Markle on wedding, clothing and house far exceeds all inheritance and annual allowance.
Their wedding was similar in price to Kate and Willuams.
A little more on security and inflation.
I looked into the soveriegn fund and Frogmore was already in the master schedule to be restored as it was derelict. They spent money on top of that repair to actually remodel. Buckingham Palace is in the same cycle of restoration -and that project is for 370 million pounds.

Duchess of Cornwall records special message for BBC Radio 2 from inside Birkhall's Wendy House

The Duchess of Cornwall joked that she was an "ancient fairy godmother," as she recorded a special message from inside a Wendy House in Birkhall, in support of a children's story-writing competition. The heather-thatched house was originally built on the Scottish estate in 1935 for Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret and has been enjoyed by all royal children.

Camilla's message for the 500 Words final was broadcast live on BBC Radio 2 as part of the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on Friday. During the show, the 72-year-old royal spoke to Zoe and fellow radio DJ Chris Evans about the tenth anniversary of the competition. The 2020 final was due to take place at Buckingham Palace but this year it has been moved online as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

While the Duchess said she had looked forward to meeting the finalists in person, she praised the wonders of modern technology to enjoy a virtual celebration instead, saying: "Good morning everyone – and a very happy tenth birthday to 500 Words! Just like many of you this year, 500 Words is having to settle for a virtual birthday party, rather than the one we had planned. I was really looking forward to meeting the finalists at Buckingham Palace today. But, thankfully, technology has brought us together across the airwaves – and we will still celebrate as hard as we can."

wendy-house-birkhall-z.jpg

The Duchess inside Birkhall's Wendy House

Camilla added that she hoped that they would be able to organise a celebration for the competition in person in future: "But just before we get to celebrating, I want to say something a bit serious. The last few months have been very difficult, confusing and worrying for lots of you. Thank you for staying at home, being kind to others and cheering up your family and friends whenever you could. You have been brilliant. And so I want to tell you that Zoe, Chris and I have put our thinking caps on. And the three of us are hoping to plan a giant 500 Words party for when parties are allowed again."

Duchess of Cornwall records special message for BBC Radio 2 from inside Birkhall's Wendy House

The Duchess of Cornwall joked that she was an "ancient fairy godmother," as she recorded a special message from inside a Wendy House in Birkhall, in support of a children's story-writing competition. The heather-thatched house was originally built on the Scottish estate in 1935 for Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret and has been enjoyed by all royal children.

Camilla's message for the 500 Words final was broadcast live on BBC Radio 2 as part of the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show on Friday. During the show, the 72-year-old royal spoke to Zoe and fellow radio DJ Chris Evans about the tenth anniversary of the competition. The 2020 final was due to take place at Buckingham Palace but this year it has been moved online as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

While the Duchess said she had looked forward to meeting the finalists in person, she praised the wonders of modern technology to enjoy a virtual celebration instead, saying: "Good morning everyone – and a very happy tenth birthday to 500 Words! Just like many of you this year, 500 Words is having to settle for a virtual birthday party, rather than the one we had planned. I was really looking forward to meeting the finalists at Buckingham Palace today. But, thankfully, technology has brought us together across the airwaves – and we will still celebrate as hard as we can."

wendy-house-birkhall-z.jpg

The Duchess inside Birkhall's Wendy House

Camilla added that she hoped that they would be able to organise a celebration for the competition in person in future: "But just before we get to celebrating, I want to say something a bit serious. The last few months have been very difficult, confusing and worrying for lots of you. Thank you for staying at home, being kind to others and cheering up your family and friends whenever you could. You have been brilliant. And so I want to tell you that Zoe, Chris and I have put our thinking caps on. And the three of us are hoping to plan a giant 500 Words party for when parties are allowed again."

offset_771733.jpg

Meghan may well have lost her 'right hand woman' at this point with JM's new problems. I've never seen her as a hard worker. I don't see her as a person to look up to, I think he latest speech was written for her, not from her heart. She wanted to come in and be the 'star', it didn't work. She doesn't want to work, she wants it done for her. She's an entitled B list actress that finally found her way to A listers, simple as that. Had she not married H., she MIGHT still be on TV, but i doubt it. Lifetime movies, perhaps.

I'm hoping William is being primed for taking over. As much as Camilla has 'won' the respect of many brits, I don't know they will want her in a higher position. While Kate has her hands full, she up for the task.

Meghan may well have lost her 'right hand woman' at this point with JM's new problems. I've never seen her as a hard worker. I don't see her as a person to look up to, I think he latest speech was written for her, not from her heart. She wanted to come in and be the 'star', it didn't work. She doesn't want to work, she wants it done for her. She's an entitled B list actress that finally found her way to A listers, simple as that. Had she not married H., she MIGHT still be on TV, but i doubt it. Lifetime movies, perhaps.

I'm hoping William is being primed for taking over. As much as Camilla has 'won' the respect of many brits, I don't know they will want her in a higher position. While Kate has her hands full, she up for the task.

I think Her Majesty, The Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince William are very tight and have been preparing for all sorts of eventualities.

I hope Prince Charles is able to absorb his mother's immense calm and good sense, but also her extremely good savy about how to handle crisises in a discrete and well-considered manner. I hope he has been very carefully observing how she accomplishes this.

I agree - Kate is up for the task and I'm reminded that her majesty became Queen and had children (young) as well - formidable footsteps for sure but i've not wanted Camilla in that role - but I'm not being consulted so....
JMO

I think Her Majesty, The Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince William are very tight and have been preparing for all sorts of eventualities.

I hope Prince Charles is able to absorb his mother's immense calm and good sense, but also her extremely good savy about how to handle crisises in a discrete and well-considered manner. I hope he has been very carefully observing how she accomplishes this.

I wish we all had the Queen's good judgment. Jmo

It's quite sad to think that after Elizabeth there probably won't be another female monarch until Prince George dies, and even then only if his first born is a girl.

(horrible thought.. or unless George himself dies young and the crown passes to Charlotte)

It's quite sad to think that after Elizabeth there probably won't be another female monarch until Prince George dies, and even then only if his first born is a girl.

(horrible thought.. or unless George himself dies young and the crown passes to Charlotte)

That will be odd to this American. There's only been Queen Elizabeth my entire life.

And how old is PH? He's in the "at risk" group himself, and any day will likely be tottering around with a cane, asking everyone to repeat themselves. (Maybe not -son of HM and all.) Point being, though: He's getting on up there! Seems like just the time and situation to pass it all on to someone who, let's face it, is not in the twilight of his life. I know it won't happen, but it does seem reasonable to me....

And how old is PH? He's in the "at risk" group himself, and any day will likely be tottering around with a cane, asking everyone to repeat themselves. (Maybe not -son of HM and all.) Point being, though: He's getting on up there! Seems like just the time and situation to pass it all on to someone who, let's face it, is not in the twilight of his life. I know it won't happen, but it does seem reasonable to me....

PH ? Prince Harry / Henry is 35

PW Prince William is 37

PC Prince Charles is 71

There's also the very strange situation where Markle allegedly was the commencement speaker at a high school graduation but the graduation ceremony has not yet happened and Markle is not announced as the invited speaker. What is going on there!

Immaculate Heart celebrates students as formal graduation is pending - Park Labrea News/ Beverly Press

There's also the very strange situation where Markle allegedly was the commencement speaker at a high school graduation but the graduation ceremony has not yet happened and Markle is not announced as the invited speaker. What is going on there!

Immaculate Heart celebrates students as formal graduation is pending - Park Labrea News/ Beverly Press

@otto , the school (like many in the US) had a 'virtual,' on-line event.

MM spoke, or a recording of her was included.

Looks like her hair was styled appropriately & her clothes weren't memorable which is appropriate for this type of broadcast.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members