The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen celebrates birthday with scaled back military parade at Windsor Castle

The Queen is celebrating her birthday with a scaled back military parade at Windsor Castle, because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The small ceremonial event, specially designed in just two weeks to ensure the soldiers can maintain social distancing, replaces the traditional Trooping The Colour in central London, which was cancelled due to the COVID-19 restrictions.

skynews-queen-birthday_5012311.jpg

Image:The ceremonial event was specially designed to ensure the soldiers can maintain social distancing
skynews-queen-birthday_5012312.jpg

Image:The scaled back parade was designed in just two weeks
It is the monarch's first appearance at an official outside event since the start of the coronavirus crisis.

The Queen dances at low-key Trooping the Colour - video, best pictures

The royal family are usually out in full force to celebrate the official birthday of the Queen at Trooping the Colour. However, celebrations this year were very different due to COVID-19, meaning Her Majesty's birthday parade did not occur in its traditional form. Instead, a small, brief, military ceremony took place at Windsor Castle to mark the Queen's official 94th birthday, and it was all conducted in accordance with strict social distancing guidelines. While members of the royal family were not in attendance, we imagine many of them watched the proceedings on TV alongside the rest of the nation. Take a look at some of the best moments below...

The Queen arrived to her birthday parade without husband Prince Philip, even though he is residing with her at Windsor Castle. The 99-year-old retired from royal duties in 2017, which was also his final appearance at Trooping the Colour.

The Queen arrived in the Quadrangle to a Royal Salute. Looking fabulous in a Stewart Parvin outfit, she watched soldiers from the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards, whose Colour was due to be trooped this year on Horse Guards, perform military drills. Instead, these drills included a Colour being paraded in front of the Guards.

Her Majesty was clearly entertained with the musical performance by a Band of the Household Division, as she appeared to dance and move her head along to the music. Even BBC presenter Huw Edwards noted that the Queen is clearly enjoying the music.

Pics and video at link.

Re: Names

Well Her Majesty, The Queen's father was named Albert Frederick Arthur George Saxe- Coburg-Gotha.

He didn't chose King Albert, or King Fredrick or King Arthur.

He chose King George VI.

Prince Charles's full name is:

Charles Philip Arthur George

He could chose King Philip, in honor of his father, but I think he will just stick with King Charles III

The Queen dances at low-key Trooping the Colour - video, best pictures

The royal family are usually out in full force to celebrate the official birthday of the Queen at Trooping the Colour. However, celebrations this year were very different due to COVID-19, meaning Her Majesty's birthday parade did not occur in its traditional form. Instead, a small, brief, military ceremony took place at Windsor Castle to mark the Queen's official 94th birthday, and it was all conducted in accordance with strict social distancing guidelines. While members of the royal family were not in attendance, we imagine many of them watched the proceedings on TV alongside the rest of the nation. Take a look at some of the best moments below...

The Queen arrived to her birthday parade without husband Prince Philip, even though he is residing with her at Windsor Castle. The 99-year-old retired from royal duties in 2017, which was also his final appearance at Trooping the Colour.

The Queen arrived in the Quadrangle to a Royal Salute. Looking fabulous in a Stewart Parvin outfit, she watched soldiers from the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards, whose Colour was due to be trooped this year on Horse Guards, perform military drills. Instead, these drills included a Colour being paraded in front of the Guards.

Her Majesty was clearly entertained with the musical performance by a Band of the Household Division, as she appeared to dance and move her head along to the music. Even BBC presenter Huw Edwards noted that the Queen is clearly enjoying the music.

Pics and video at link.

Utterly delightful!

I am thrilled to see Her Majesty, The Queen enjoying herself and all the pomp and circumstance.

I know she has a great sense of humor and I think she also has a great sense of fun ! :p

Last edited:
MOO suppose this why they call royalties.

"Lady C, who penned the 1992 best-selling book, Diana in Private: The Princess Nobody Knows, explained how she could not 'repeat it exactly' but added how 'something happened' which is further explained in her new book."
MOO a breathless gossip lobs a breathless cliffhanger, hanging there like a "sallow lemon in the horizon."

Apparently something went wrong at Charles 70th birthday party, and the couple were asked to leave.

The horrors. In my next monthly staff report I am not going to discuss our dealing with Covid19 but instead call out staff who dared wear the same black pumps more than once, Josie who wore her beautiful leopard print silk blouse three times and Bill who I think might have worn the same tie twice in ONE week. I will then have to confess that, yes I wore my pretty yellow trench multiple days because it was raining! Sorry, it just cracks me up...it is wrong to wear expensive clothes only once but to repeat is also a sin....all the while there a lot of us who are trying to pare down a bit and do capsule wardrobes.....all while the world seems like it is going to hell in a handbasket.
I think the Queen always dresses beautifully!

MOO suppose this why they call it royalties.

"Lady C, who penned the 1992 best-selling book, Diana in Private: The Princess Nobody Knows, explained how she could not 'repeat it exactly' but added how 'something happened' which is further explained in her new book."
MOO a breathless gossip lobs a breathless cliffhanger, hanging there like a "sallow lemon on the horizon."

Ahh, Lady C; so aristocratic that she went on I’m A Celebrity and Through The Keyhole :D:D

The horrors. In my next monthly staff report I am not going to discuss our dealing with Covid19 but instead call out staff who dared wear the same black pumps more than once, Josie who wore her beautiful leopard print silk blouse three times and Bill who I think might have worn the same tie twice in ONE week. I will then have to confess that, yes I wore my pretty yellow trench multiple days because it was raining! Sorry, it just cracks me up...it is wrong to wear expensive clothes only once but to repeat is also a sin....all the while there a lot of us who are trying to pare down a bit and do capsule wardrobes.....all while the world seems like it is going to hell in a handbasket.
I think the Queen always dresses beautifully!
The article wasnt putting down the Queen. She is thrifty and doesnt spend money every second . She is quite frugal

LOL

"Meghan said friends reflect friends and because of what's at stake she can no longer be associated with Jessica, at least not in public. She has to do what she has to do in order to preserve her dignity and her own reputation," the source added during their chat with the Daily Mail.

Meghan Markle Is Reportedly Mortified by Jessica Mulroney Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member