The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she’s entitled to use Princess of Wales but very sensibly chose not to! I’m not sure she’d have got away with any Princessy title, and I think when Charles becomes King the palace and media will be careful to use Queen Consort (whereas Kate will surely be dubbed Queen Catherine)

Personally I'm hoping William will be next King.... :) Needs a "younger" generation in there!

What would a younger generation do that an older generation can't do?

Charles seems a little stodgy.... JMO! But I don't live there - so - no one really cares what I have to say.... :)

I’m hoping Charles gets a few years on the throne, allowing Williams children to be grown up before their dad takes on loads more work.

That would probably be a good idea! Say in 20 years or so - Charles will be as old as his mother.

I think she’s entitled to use Princess of Wales but very sensibly chose not to! I’m not sure she’d have got away with any Princessy title, and I think when Charles becomes King the palace and media will be careful to use Queen Consort (whereas Kate will surely be dubbed Queen Catherine)

Now I live across that pond, but IIRC the plan is for the Duchess of Cornwall to be called Princess Consort?

Although I've certainly come to admire this woman for her careful & reliable life in the last two decades, I can't forget the '80's and am surely not alone there.

IDK YMMV

Charles seems a little stodgy.... JMO! But I don't live there - so - no one really cares what I have to say.... :)

That would probably be a good idea! Say in 20 years or so - Charles will be as old as his mother.

Charles is more experienced, more knowledgeable and more capable of being King than William. Discrimination is an important topic today, so we have to be careful to remove agism from our vocabulary as well. We shouldn't think that Charles should be bypassed because there's some special value associated with being 30-something.

People who are William's age probably think that they get wiser and better with every day that passes. Do they look at people who are older and assume that they got dumber and more useless with every day that passed? Does William seem more capable of stepping into the Queen's shoes than the Queen?

Personally I'm hoping William will be next King.... :) Needs a "younger" generation in there!

I respectfully disagree.

Her Majesty, The Queen keeps demonstrating to me how her vast experience with all sorts of issues in her long reign is still using those skills with the current issues. History repeats itself, after all.

And Her Majesty, The Queen is in the perfect position to determine who should be her successor, and how to treat and support that successor.

I think Prince Charles still has a lot to learn but is far more savy about governance and the royal family than Prince William is.

William is in a perfect place to learn from his grandmother and his father. He's just not ready, yet

If we can keep the Queen another 5 years or so, then Charles for approx 15 years, that would make W&K nearly 60 when they take the crowns. About right I reckon.

The article wasnt putting down the Queen. She is thrifty and doesnt spend money every second . She is quite frugal
I will admit I didn’t read the article. I admire the queen and IF I could afford to wear my clothes only once I wouldn’t do it,because it is wasteful!
A few times a year I need to purchase cocktail attire for events related to charities supported by my employer or professional events with industry colleagues. I then will rewear them to a family wedding or party and then a third time to an event with friends and then I will donate to an upscale charity shop.
My work suits I have owned for years and just mix and match and add blouses and scarves and accessories. I hope I dress as beautifully as the queen in my elder years instead of falling into wearing sweatshirts embroidered with cardinals and bunnies.

Okay - you guys win - Charles for King! :D
Sorry - didn't mean for you all to be mad....

Oh Niner, not mad, not angry at all :) Very happy to see you interested in the BRF !!!! :p:p:p

I just think the "job" of the Regent of the United Kingdom and head of the Commonwealth is a very complex process of understanding how Royal rules and requirements fit into our very fast-moving modern world and it's eternal challenges.

I think Prince William will be a very fine King. He's really come a long way in his comfort in front of the public and he does really relate well to people in a way. He is actually much better at the job than his father was at his age. IMHO, Charles seemed to be a spoiled pompous mess for his younger adult years, and he only started to grow into the job after the death of Dianna and when he had to become a real father to raise his sons. Charles was excrutiatingly pedantic and "stodgy" for quite some time with his criticism of modern architectural and his at-the-time unfashionable interest in ecologic issues and farming.

Okay - you guys win - Charles for King! :D
Sorry - didn't mean for you all to be mad....

Oh, Niner, I'm certainly not mad!

Oh, wait, maybe like this guy:

upload_2020-6-14_13-26-0.jpeg

I may be mad as a hatter, but I think we need a few tiaras:

images

image from bridesnet.news

Or Sophie, CoW in the same tiara 3 times.

Oh Niner, not mad, not angry at all :) Very happy to see you interested in the BRF !!!! :p:p:p

I just think the "job" of the Regent of the United Kingdom and head of the Commonwealth is a very complex process of understanding how Royal rules and requirements fit into our very fast-moving modern world and it's eternal challenges.

I think Prince William will be a very fine King. He's really come a long way in his comfort in front of the public and he does really relate well to people in a way. He is actually much better at the job than his father was at his age. IMHO, Charles seemed to be a spoiled pompous mess for his younger adult years, and he only started to grow into the job after the death of Dianna and when he had to become a real father to raise his sons. Charles was excrutiatingly pedantic and "stodgy" for quite some time with his criticism of modern architectural and his at-the-time unfashionable interest in ecologic issues and farming.

Okay - good!! Not mad! :) You too @Laughing :)
I just personally don't like Charles for what he did to Diana - and not liking Camilla AT ALL!! :mad: LOL!

But you are there in England - so I think you are correct that Charles will be fine - and hoping I'll be around when William becomes King. I'm a bit older then Charles - so hopefully I shall be! :D

Also not mad :D A lot of people would be happier if William stepped straight up, but it would be a huge burden on his young family. All those overseas state visits while leaving the children in London for schooling would go against everything W&K want. Charles remembers his parents being very absent, William was luckier having Diana around, but it would benefit all the Cambridges for William to be able to continue as he is until the kids are older.

I just personally don't like Charles for what he did to Diana - and not liking Camilla AT ALL!! :mad: LOL!

But you are there in England - so I think you are correct that Charles will be fine - and hoping I'll be around when William becomes King. I'm a bit older then Charles - so hopefully I shall be! :D

Charles was seeing another woman while he was married, Markle was dating the chef while she was married, and engaged to the chef when she met Harry. I think that we have to give Charles a pass under the circumstances. If infidelity was a real problem for people in the Royal Family, Harry would not be married to Markle.

I hope you are too!

Charles might not be the most popular choice because of his private life, but he's spent his entire 71 years existence 'training' for the job. He'll never match his mother in terms of public admiration but I think he has a lot to bring to the table. For starters, he has been championing environmental issues for decades, and stolidly working away on various eco friendly projects. I reckon he'll be remembered as the Eco/Green King. And honestly, I don't think Camilla will flaunt herself as Queen, she knows fine well what people (still) think.

You know, I used to despise Camilla. I'm totally TeamDiana. But let's face it, I don't care who cheated on who first, there was plenty to go around. Jmo

She has done a good job of representing while staying pretty quiet I think.

I think Camilla has done as good a job as one c0uld possibly want considering the violation of trust that occurred and all the consequences and drama over Princess Diana's death.

I have come to respect her as a modest, quiet, subtle, and realistic person and a great source of calm and strength for Prince Charles.

I think the BRF and the UK will benefit from that stable and calming influence on Prince Charles.

I've long ago accepted that Princess Diana and Prince Charles could not possibly stay together as a team. And I truly believe it requires a team working together as supportive partners to be in the Regent position. Her Majesty, The Queen has had her long-supportive Prince Philip and the relationship between them is still heartwarming. We can see that at work with Prince William and Duchess Catherine as a fine example.

That can't be right. Markle stuck out her tongue while Harry was giving the speech, and Markle was looking at the audience, not Camilla.

Talking about abortion at a garden party is a bit off regardless of whether it's Royal or not, so that seems unlikely.

I'm imagining that it must be something more serious, like suggesting it's time to abolish the monarchy, but that seems very unlikely. I suppose we'll have to wait for the book release.
Hi Otto!
Yes Otto, it is right.
Markle stuck her tongue out a few times that day. The photo you produced was only one of the times that Markle did it.
In the photo that you posted saying it was Harry that she did that to was in fact Camilla. Camilla was to the right of Markle and Harry was to her left.
She looked right at Camilla and stuck her tongue out at her then turned away real fast looking over her right shoulder.

Hi Otto!
Yes Otto, it is right.
Markle stuck her tongue out a few times that day. The photo you produced was only one of the times that Markle did it.
In the photo that you posted saying it was Harry that she did that to was in fact Camilla. Camilla was to the right of Markle and Harry was to her left.
She looked right at Camilla and stuck her tongue out at her then turned away real fast looking over her right shoulder.

Tacky...

Imagine if Camilla or anyone else did that to MM. She complains of the RF abusing her and not feeling welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member