The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be a Victoria Sponge cake for me. And clotted cream & jam for those scones.

Yes yes, of course! As long as you do your best English lol

As an aside, I think I've had more afternoon teas in lockdown than in my whole life! Several local cafes have started doing them to take away, varies between £6-£15 per person, I'm doing my bit to support local small businesses even if it's not helping my waistline. Some come with small-cut sandwiches and cakes in pizza boxes - genius.

Here's an example (not local, just to give you an idea)

T0FLMTIyMjM4MzQ0.jpg

Love this!

Margaret was always the cheeky one :cool:;)

She was. Wouldn't it be amazing to have young Margaret around now - she'd be kicking up a media storm I reckon!

It always confused me though, when she managed to badly burn BOTH of her feet while getting into a too-hot bath.... could never grasp the logistics of that one o_O

I'm not really supposed to eat this by myself, am I

I'm supposed to share !:):(

It depends who's looking ;):p:cool:

LOL you two, sounds like we're gonna need a bigger box of afternoon tea!

My son has an afternoon tea project to do for school and has to design a small cake. He's doing a sponge cupcake, with the middle hollowed out and filled with jam then cream, and then, get this, a mini jammie-dodger shoved in the top :D He wanted squirty cream, but I have drawn the line and insisted on proper whipped stuff. We have to make it at some point, so if it's not too disastrous I'll post a pic.

(he's 12 by the way, not a philistine)

Last edited:
LOL you two, sounds like we're gonna need a bigger box of afternoon tea!

My son has an afternoon tea project to do for school and has to design a small cake. He's doing a sponge cupcake, with the middle hollowed out and filled with jam then cream, and then, get this, a mini jammie-dodger shoved in the top :D He wanted squirty cream, but I have drawn the line and insisted on proper whipped stuff. We have to make it at some point, so it it's not too disastrous I'll post a pic.

(he's 12 by the way, not a philistine)

Say could he bake barm brack or bara brith, too?

I use the same recipe for both, although I didn't notice until the year I decided to barm brack for St. Brigid's Day and then bara brith on St. David's Day! I found the recipes on-line with claims to be both authentically Irish and authentically Welsh.

Tasty, and great for building to your Quarantine 20.

Say could he bake barm brack or bara brith, too?

I use the same recipe for both, although I didn't notice until the year I decided to barm brack for St. Brigid's Day and then bara brith on St. David's Day! I found the recipes on-line with claims to be both authentically Irish and authentically Welsh.

Tasty, and great for building to your Quarantine 20.

I couldn't work out at first whether that was a tongue-twister or you've had one too many sherries :p

I'll have to google those things!

The turmoil and grief that MM has caused is not playful by any means. It’s deception as I see it and that is no laughing matter in my opinion.
MOO the turmoil and grief that Camilla caused/is causing and the injury she brought onto Charles' sons is no laughing matter.

Sorry for singling you out, Thora, I shouldn't have done that. I just find it strange that a small handful of posters refer to her as Markle while all the other family members are amicably referred to by their first names. And actually, as Meghan is married I don't believe she uses the surname Markle any more, just as Kate doesn't use Middleton.

I enjoy your posts too.

People still call Kate, by her nickname and by her maiden name Kate Middleton.

For those of you who are Kate Middleton fans, I saw this on FB and thought it was so touching. It reminds me of how we all grow into our own roles with time and patience. As QE2 stated: small steps.
upload_2020-6-14_19-52-47.png

MOO the turmoil and grief that Camilla caused/is causing and the injury she brought onto Charles' sons is no laughing matter.

What sort of turmoil is the Prince's wife responsible for?

Figure within a few years Charles will become King...and in a few years after that it will be William's turn...maybe when he is 45 ?

That's only 7 years away. We're likely to have lost the Queen by then but I'd have thought Charles had a bit longer in him (he'd be 78). That said, he doesn't appear to be as healthy as his mum, but he has familial longevity on his side. Who knows!

The really big shocker will be if Charles dies before the Queen does.

It takes 2 to tango. PD and PC had a rocky marriage from the start. Many factors come into play here. Cant blame it 100% on Camilla and she didnt force Charles to be unfaithful. Parenting styles also played a part. PW and PH from reports have accepted C..... MOO

Prince Charles, and no one else, decides what Prince Charles will do. If he wants a girlfriend on the side, that is not the girlfriend's fault. Furthermore, just yesterday we discussed how Markle was engaged to another man when she started dating Harry. Apparently that doesn't bother Harry at all, so although the public might take infidelity concerns seriously, we know by actions that Harry and Charles do not.

Huh? I don't think that's true @otto. Have you got a link that Meghan was engaged when she met Harry?

Charles should have been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place, when he wanted to in the 1970's. The palace vetoed it as "the conventions of the time called for the heir to the British throne to marry a woman who at least appeared to be virginal". Diana looked right and her history checked out (not that she really had one at 19) but clearly it was an arranged marriage.

The Real Reason Why Prince Charles and Camilla Didn't Get Married

Huh? I don't think that's true @otto. Have you got a link that Meghan was engaged when she met Harry?

Charles should have been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place, when he wanted to in the 1970's. The palace vetoed it as "the conventions of the time called for the heir to the British throne to marry a woman who at least appeared to be virginal". Diana looked right and her history checked out (not that she really had one at 19) but clearly it was an arranged marriage.

The Real Reason Why Prince Charles and Camilla Didn't Get Married
I think that would have been ok enough... If Diana had been in on the plan. I thought it was cruel that she was in the dark and bought the romance. Naive, I guess.

Was that truly a slip of the tongue? No pun intended just why would she have a lapse of maturity and judgment in their first event as a married couple?? It’s a bit foreboding as to her lack of respect for her inherited family. Red flags of instability from the get-go.

A child is taught as early as toddler age that it is inappropriate to stick your tongue out. It’s not appropriate at home much less at a historic event. I would be horrified if my new spouse decided to stick out their tongue at my fathers very public birthday gathering. I can’t think of any reason for this to be viewed as normal.

Juvenile, yes. Uncouth, yes. Downright creepy for an adult woman to be sticking her tongue out in public -YES. And yet, she's done it on more than one occasion. This is one of the many, many, many reasons people thought from the get-go that she wasn't a fit for the BRF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya