The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also the very strange situation where Markle allegedly was the commencement speaker at a high school graduation but the graduation ceremony has not yet happened and Markle is not announced as the invited speaker. What is going on there!

Immaculate Heart celebrates students as formal graduation is pending - Park Labrea News/ Beverly Press
There’s nothing about Meghan Markle’s virtual address at the Immaculate Heart web site although there is an article detailing a virtual prom and a reference to a formal graduation ceremony (date and time to be determined.

There’s nothing about Meghan Markle’s virtual address at the Immaculate Heart web site although there is an article detailing a virtual prom and a reference to a formal graduation ceremony (date and time to be determined.

That's right. Markle's video was stated to be a commencement address for the graduating class. Most people understood that to mean that she was invited to give a commencement address at the graduation. Apparently that cannot be true because the school has not held the graduation ceremony and another person has been invited to give the commencement address.

"Meghan Markle, actress and Duchess of Sussex, voiced her support for Black Lives Matter in a virtual commencement address delivered to the graduating class of 2020 at her alma mater, Immaculate Heart High School in Los Angeles."​

Meghan Markle Expresses Support for Black Lives Matter During Graduation Speech

It's good to know that Markle has decided to dis-associate with her best friend publicly in order to preserve her dignity. I wonder whether another "friend" will step forward to share Markle's thoughts with the tabloids.

"Meghan Markle is 'absolutely mortified' with best friend Jessica Mulroney's 'tone-deaf' threats to sue a black influencer and can 'no longer be associated with her', close friends of the Duchess of Sussex tell DailyMail.com exclusively.

'Meghan said friends reflect friends and because of what's at stake she can no longer be associated with Jessica, at least not in public. She has to do what she has to do in order to preserve her dignity and her own reputation,' they added. "
Meghan Markle 'mortified' over friend Jessica Mulroney's threats | Daily Mail Online

Sounds like she just invited herself.
If I had to guess, I'd say that a conservative Roman Catholic high school are not likely to invite someone who has already had a Jewish and a Protestant wedding. Perhaps someone who demonstrates constancy in their life would be a person to emulate. Given also that she is embroiled in a very public family dispute and a lawsuit , I doubt she is on their list of notable alumni .

WOW.
Now I know what they mean by 'a fairweather friend'. MM is reputed to have cut people off ( ghost them as they say on SM) if they outlive their usefulness to her. We see it now. She apparently feels that repercussions for JM's actions will trickle down to her.

In the current social climate (especially in US) I would stop short of criticizing MM for distancing herself from her friend for now. She may believe the very real repercussions for JM's actions could result in her own harm. IMOO that doesn’t qualify as a fair weather friend. Tensions in the US are running high.

No Crown? He can't be on the money without a decent Crown

A manly Crown. Not one that looks like a Burger King crown

I think he's only ever worn a crown once.

We now know what they modelled the Millennium Dome on.

prince-charles-coronet-index-1556128649.jpg

Is the royal mint quietly changing the money from QE2 to Charles.

View attachment 251036

And the postage stamps! It will be very strange having a King Charles. I heard he could change his name and become King Somethingelse (as many before Elizabeth did) but that would seem a bit odd in this day and age.

That is the Coronet of Charles, Prince of Wales

And it's got a gold-plated ping pong ball.o_O

"The coronet follows the form laid down by King Charles II in 1677 by having just one arch rather than the traditional two arches or four half-arches of British monarchs' crowns to show that the Prince of Wales is inferior to the monarch but outranks the other royal princes and dukes.[4] Though based on this traditional design, the coronet has a futurist look that was popular in the 1960s, and it was created by the eccentric designer Louis Osman.

In the centre of the arch is a
monde (which is actually a gold-plated ping-pong ball[5]) engraved with the Prince of Wales's insignia by Malcolm Appleby, surmounted by a plain cross."

Really, that what it says. :cool:

The Designer Behind Prince Charles’s Controversial Coronet

It's good to know that Markle has decided to dis-associate with her best friend publicly in order to preserve her dignity. I wonder whether another "friend" will step forward to share Markle's thoughts with the tabloids.

"Meghan Markle is 'absolutely mortified' with best friend Jessica Mulroney's 'tone-deaf' threats to sue a black influencer and can 'no longer be associated with her', close friends of the Duchess of Sussex tell DailyMail.com exclusively.

'Meghan said friends reflect friends and because of what's at stake she can no longer be associated with Jessica, at least not in public. She has to do what she has to do in order to preserve her dignity and her own reputation,' they added. "
Meghan Markle 'mortified' over friend Jessica Mulroney's threats | Daily Mail Online
MOO like a gang of obsessive Harpies continuously searching for a new line of attack.

Trust Harry who said, "if you knew what I know, you would moved to protect your family too." (Paraphrased.)

So even Harry, who has seen the underbelly of the English yellow press underestimated the profound perfidity he would encounter.
MOO after thinking about this and the intense animus the press can stir up, my bet is that the RF all live in fear of the press. Good for Kate suing them too.

Sounds like she just invited herself.
If I had to guess, I'd say that a conservative Roman Catholic high school are not likely to invite someone who has already had a Jewish and a Protestant wedding. Perhaps someone who demonstrates constancy in their life would be a person to emulate. Given also that she is embroiled in a very public family dispute and a lawsuit , I doubt she is on their list of notable alumni .
She was valedictorian. Her only misfortune was to marry Harry. She loves him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member