The British Royal Family #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 257524
Princess Beatrice to marry at same venue as Queen Victoria

This is my favorite engagement photo, ever. Completely charming.

Beatrice has never looked better or happier. They look really happy.

I always thought she was bit of a spitfire. Hooked into the irony of something with that infamous hat at Kate and Will’s wedding.

Flamboyant style is such a rebellion sometimes, but on her wedding day, she was a true princess. Magical.

Her wedding day was indeed magical and so very private.

I’m so impressed with the entire BRF not letting her lose out on a very very special wedding

29-2.jpg

Anne, the Princess Royal, will turn 70 in August.
Last night ITV aired a very interesting documentary Anne: The Princess Royal at 70 about her life and work, with interviews with her husband, her children, friends and the Princess herself.
Someone posted the video on youtube and I stayed awake far too long to watch it. Happy I did because it was well worth the while and also because it was expected that the video would be deleted soon ~ as it was this morning.

The video might reappear, perhaps on the Royalwatcher blog, if it does, watch it while you can.

Happy Birthday to the best Queen Britain will never have!

29-2.jpg

Last night ITV aired a very interesting documentary Anne: The Princess Royal at 70 about her life and work, with interviews with her husband, her children, friends and the Princess herself.
Someone posted the video on youtube and I stayed awake far too long to watch it. Happy I did because it was well worth the while and also because it was expected that the video would be deleted soon ~ as it was this morning.

The video might reappear, perhaps on the Royalwatcher blog, if it does, watch it while you can.

She would make such a smashing Queen. She seemed to have completely bypassed all the ego problems Charles had as a young man, the eligible bachelor Prince making such a fool of himself.

29-2.jpg

Why was it deleted?

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall have arrived in Scotland

It looks like Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are back in Scotland for the summer.

The official NHS Highlands website shared a photo of the Prince of Wales on Friday, revealing that the future king had visited Highland staff at Caithness General Hospital in Wick.

Sharing a photo of Charles' socially-distanced meeting with hospital staff, the website stated: "Highland staff at Caithness General Hospital in Wick were thrilled to welcome a very special guest this afternoon.

"His Royal Highness The Duke of Rothesay visited the hospital to thank staff for their dedication and hard work throughout the Covid-19 pandemic."

No doubt Camilla travelled up to Scotland with him.

charles-hospital-visit--z.jpg

Charles was photographed at the hospital

Speaking about the royal's visit, NHS Highland Chair Professor Boyd Robertson said: "We were delighted to welcome His Royal Highness The Duke of Rothesay to Caithness General Hospital.

"His Royal Highness spent time chatting with our staff to thank them for their efforts over the last few months and heard their experiences of working across a variety of health and social care roles during the Covid-19 pandemic.

"All of the staff that met him were delighted and it has given the entire team a morale boost after such a demanding and challenging period. I would like to thank His Royal Highness most sincerely for his visit to Caithness General Hospital."

Balmoral is likely to be the next stop on Charles and Camilla's travels, to their home there, Birkhall.

Balmoral Castle An 'Assignment From Hell' During COVID-19, Royal Staffers Say — Business Times

“Some royal aides apparently compared their Balmoral stint during COVID-19 to a prison camp. Staff members aren't allowed to do much. To prevent Elizabeth and Philip from catching the virus, aides were told they can't leave Balmoral to visit pubs and shops.

One source said some aides are "going stir-crazy." They have been at Balmoral for at least two weeks ahead of the royals' arrival.

Precautions are necessary because Elizabeth and Phillip are vulnerable to the virus as a result of their age. According to news reports, Balmoral staff have been told to follow the Balmoral Bubble protocol. “

I think it would be beneficial to all that work there to take precautions? Surely they don’t make them stay inside, they can go out about the grounds? Just not go shop or drink at the pub?

I hope all stay safe at Balmoral.

Balmoral Castle An 'Assignment From Hell' During COVID-19, Royal Staffers Say — Business Times

“Some royal aides apparently compared their Balmoral stint during COVID-19 to a prison camp. Staff members aren't allowed to do much. To prevent Elizabeth and Philip from catching the virus, aides were told they can't leave Balmoral to visit pubs and shops.

One source said some aides are "going stir-crazy." They have been at Balmoral for at least two weeks ahead of the royals' arrival.

Precautions are necessary because Elizabeth and Phillip are vulnerable to the virus as a result of their age. According to news reports, Balmoral staff have been told to follow the Balmoral Bubble protocol. “

I think it would be beneficial to all that work there to take precautions? Surely they don’t make them stay inside, they can go out about the grounds? Just not go shop or drink at the pub?

We haven't seen a photo of Her Majesty, The Queen attending church on Sunday, as she usually does.

I wonder if she has to stop visiting the charming little village church, too.

What a difficult time for Her Majesty and Prince Philip

bummer. Staying at Balmoral. I will quarantine to come. But I hate cleaning and cooking.

bummer. Staying at Balmoral. I will quarantine to come. But I hate cleaning and cooking.

I think the aides that compare serving Her Majesty, The Queen and Prince Philip at Balmoral to a prison camp should be terminated. Considering what the Royal couple and their families, the UK military, and the UK population of that generation went through with the terrors of WWII and Nazi Germany, this is a particularly thoughtless and rude comment.

You can't tell me that there isn't a wee dram or hundred of fine Scotch whisky in the place nor some fine brews to be found.

It's large enough they could make their own pub if they needed to and there's always Amazon for shopping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member