The British Royal Family #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the information about the diary, and the publication of a journal called a book, what do people think? Did she publish her diary, or did someone else write a book about Markle and Harry without talking to them?

It wasn't a "kiss and tell", but there were some rather personal details such as who said "I love you first" and who was happy to see his girlfriend in the Botswana forest.

"I wasn’t aware that Meghan kept a diary, but even if she was chronicling that period, she is not going to be publishing a kiss-and-tell. That isn’t on the agenda for her or Harry.”

Though Meghan and Harry have long been frustrated with their press coverage, it’s unlikely that they would want to burn any bridges with the royal family. In the months since the couple left their royal roles, they have reportedly only been interested in projects that don’t insult or offend the monarchy, and during March, Harry made amends with Queen Elizabeth over lunch in Windsor.

Besides, they have already found ways to get their side of the story out there. The authors of Finding Freedom, journalists Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, have been covering Meghan for years, and have been quite sympathetic to the couple’s charitable pursuits and goals. What does she need a first-person account for when there’s already an instant Amazon bestseller on the way?"​

Meghan Markle's private diaries 'are ticking time bomb for the royal family'

"Just three months into their relationship, a Meghan pal said, they had already begun swapping the words “I love you.” It was Harry who said the three little but very loaded words first, but Meghan immediately replied, “I love you, too.” From there it didn’t take long for them to begin talking in non-oblique terms about their future." (p.58)​

I am a few chapters into the book and I love it.

It is very genuine and I can feel the pain of H and M discovering how cruel people can be.

excellent book. Well written.

Oh this is interesting.

Will this be Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi's first marital home?

I get confused by the overhead shot. It looks like several smaller cobbled-together cottages with a large two-story garage building staring you in the face
Since H and MM are feeling so generous wouldn’t it be lovely if they offered the newlyweds the use of Frogmore Cottage?

Put that genuine concern for others to work and restore some goodwill within the family!

Oh this is interesting.

Will this be Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi's first marital home?

I get confused by the overhead shot. It looks like several smaller cobbled-together cottages with a large two-story garage building staring you in the face

It is a cluster of 'grace and favour' cottages and it is TINY. Seems like it's a bit of a rite of passage before moving over the road to the proper palace

TELEMMGLPICT000147761381_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqPuL-8ex6Wxr3HGFUi6PIc45tImKey5x700iKis9lGeo.jpeg

Nottingham Cottage: The Kensington home where Meghan and Harry live as a married couple

Since H and MM are feeling so generous wouldn’t it be lovely if they offered the newlyweds the use of Frogmore Cottage?

Put that genuine concern for others to work and restore some goodwill within the family!

Possibly too far out of town for them as they are both based in the city for work. Windsor is 20-25 miles away (an hour on a good day) so even though her parents have a home there Beatrice stays at a different palace, St James's I think, when she's working.

That's the one cottage, there are a few others around it. It's got 2 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, a kitchen and a loo or two. Cosy. Not quite where one would to live expect upon marrying a Prince/ss!!

Square footage wise it isn't that much smaller than our 3 bedroom 1950s ranch style. But you're right, not too regal.

Well, Countess Beatrice will have any number of lovely Italian properties to spend time in. This might do for those times it's gray and rainy in the UK.

p1030979.jpg

Countess & Count Mapeli Mozza will just have a little English playhouse with a very smart address for while they are in the UK

Last edited:
ADMIN WARNING:

The ongoing tabloid style nastiness and general mean spiritedness against MM and PH in this thread is causing extra work for moderators.

This is just one example: MM makes a statement that she didn't know about the Commonwealth prior to joining the BRF and members slam her for her honest revelation.

Such comments (and there are a multitude of them) are not in the spirit of Websleuths. Members who have exhibited an inability to resist this style of posting are no longer permitted to post in this thread or any successive thread.

If this type of posting carries over into the thread dedicated to discussion of the lawsuit, bans will be instituted in that thread as well.

The Queen's sister Princess Margaret would have celebrated 90th birthday today

The Queen is enjoying her summer holiday in Balmoral, but Friday 21 August would have marked a particularly bittersweet day for the monarch, as it would have been Princess Margaret's milestone 90th birthday.

Princess Margaret passed away aged 71 on 9 February 2002 at King Edward VII's Hospital. The royal had suffered from poor health in her later years and had at least three strokes between 1998 and 2001. Just seven weeks later after Margaret's death, the Queen Mother died aged 101.

The young Princesses shared a close bond as they were growing up and spent the Second World War living in Windsor, where it was safer for them.

elizabeth-margaret-1940-z.jpg

Elizabeth and Margaret in Windsor in 1940

Sweet little video at link of the sisters as young children.

The Queen's sister Princess Margaret would have celebrated 90th birthday today

The Queen is enjoying her summer holiday in Balmoral, but Friday 21 August would have marked a particularly bittersweet day for the monarch, as it would have been Princess Margaret's milestone 90th birthday.

Princess Margaret passed away aged 71 on 9 February 2002 at King Edward VII's Hospital. The royal had suffered from poor health in her later years and had at least three strokes between 1998 and 2001. Just seven weeks later after Margaret's death, the Queen Mother died aged 101.

The young Princesses shared a close bond as they were growing up and spent the Second World War living in Windsor, where it was safer for them.

elizabeth-margaret-1940-z.jpg

Elizabeth and Margaret in Windsor in 1940

Sweet little video at link of the sisters as young children.

What a lovely video!

Lucy Worsley had some wonderful photos of Princess Margaret on her show this week.

PBS looks at royal photos with quirky British historian Lucy Worsley

The moment Elizabeth learned she would be Queen someday. She was 10 years old!

The extraordinary moment the Queen learnt that she had become heiress presumptive to the throne in December 1936 has been revealed in a new documentary. The first episode of Elizabeth: Our Queen tells how a young Princess Elizabeth, aged ten, had started her day as normal – by attending a swimming lesson. She came home and was getting ready to write up her notes from her class when she heard cries of 'God Save the King' from outside.

The young Princess asked the footman what was happening, and he explained that her uncle King Edward VIII had abdicated, making her father the new King. The documentary reveals how Elizabeth went to find her younger sister Princess Margaret to tell her the news, and Margaret replied: "Well, does that mean you're going to be Queen now? Poor you!"

The moment the Queen learnt she was heir to the throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members