The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since its all quiet on the Royal front today thought others might be interested in this documentary from a few years ago about the press and the royals PR with interviews from people like Charles' former press secretary. They go into really interesting things like how leaks happen for example when Camilla met William for the first time the journalist involved said he got it from Charles' spin doctor and how William found out about this very private event being leaked and felt used by his Father to rehabilitate Camilla's image.

Other questions I know people have asked like what stories or photos do the press have that they don't release, they talk about the pressure cooker agreement that was formed in '95 so that the press wouldn't report on the Princes day to day but occassionally the valve would be let off and they'd get a big event like photos of them on their first day of school. They said they didn't post photos and stories that they got in during the times that the valve was closed, examples he gave were photos of them going about their lives and stories about them at school and other things like them shooting from cars at Sandringham.

The press secretary featured had to give her resignation when she organised a feature about William for his 18th Birthday for a photographer with the understanding it would be shared with all the media equally but since he was under contract with the Telegraph they got the pictures first and the other media was up in arms. Piers Morgan essentially said because of the Telegraph getting the pictures first the pressure cooker agreement is off and we'll report what we like with the only way the Princes would keep their privacy going forward would be for her to resign.

Really interesting especially given recent leaks (discussions of sources) and Harry's lawsuits

Theres a part 2 available also, going to watch that now as I found the first one so interesting

fascinating.

The events of Harry and Meghan seem rather tame compared to the events of Diana, Charles, Camilla, and Edward

The Queen only uses six of Buckingham Palace’s 775 rooms, according to sources who said she is "very modest".

Angela Kelly, the Queen's dressmaker said Her Majesty doesn’t spread out over the royal residence and prefers to occupy just a small number of rooms for her day-to-day living.

'Modest' Queen only uses six of Buckingham Palace’s 775 rooms

838C2AA1-E369-42B1-A58E-15092EBCD97C.jpeg 7D762C1B-FAE7-4281-BA31-5C157B1CE82E.jpeg CB71C325-3175-4BB6-8780-63A00462D64C.jpeg 987754C9-86C6-4577-B052-D3084482194A.jpeg 69789CF2-C9A7-44AD-81C4-74588F0FEF72.jpeg BEC92E0A-9636-4E1C-ADDE-02572C78091F.jpeg

I didn’t realise how many rooms Buckingham Palace had it is interesting Her Majesty only uses six rooms as her private space.

The Queen only uses six of Buckingham Palace’s 775 rooms, according to sources who said she is "very modest".

Angela Kelly, the Queen's dressmaker said Her Majesty doesn’t spread out over the royal residence and prefers to occupy just a small number of rooms for her day-to-day living.

View attachment 211931 View attachment 211932 View attachment 211933 View attachment 211934 View attachment 211935 View attachment 211936

I didn’t realise how many rooms Buckingham Palace had it is interesting Her Majesty only uses six rooms as her private space.
Funny, I see her using the Royal Bowling Alley, the Royal 50 m Pool, the Royal Ballet Barre Room, the Royal Zoomba Room, the Royal Spin Room, the Royal Weight Room, the Royal Billiard Room, the Royal Present Wrapping Room, the Royal Sauna, the Royal Ice Plunge Pool Room, the Royal Bikram Yoga Studio, the Royal Minature Train Room, the Royal Tap Studio, the Royal Ice Cream Parlor, the Royal Hair Studio, the Royal Spray Tan Room....

View attachment 211931 View attachment 211932 View attachment 211933 View attachment 211934 View attachment 211935 View attachment 211936

can you imagine having to dust that place? I bet it is dusty everyday

I was thinking that they must have a team of cats there, to keep the mouses away.

They need some Buckingham Palace currently has a mouse problem because of all the rewiring and new heating currently being fitted.

After seeing Buckingham Palace in person I didn’t think it looked very impressive as a building, sure it is nice but I didn’t think it was amazing. It would look far better in a country estate than having a busy road junction in front of it. I would love to see the garden behind the most I would imagine that is Her Majesty’s favourite part of the Palace.

can you imagine having to dust that place? I bet it is dusty everyday

After the Queen's appearance for the Olympics with 007 was mentioned a few pages back, I watched the full video on YouTube.....I saw the corgis rolling over on the carpets and thought to myself that I'm glad I don't have to hoover a huge palace for dog hairs!

Here's the full video for anyone who wants to watch again

They need some Buckingham Palace currently has a mouse problem because of all the rewiring and new heating currently being fitted.

After seeing Buckingham Palace in person I didn’t think it looked very impressive as a building, sure it is nice but I didn’t think it was amazing. It would look far better in a country estate than having a busy road junction in front of it. I would love to see the garden behind the most I would imagine that is Her Majesty’s favourite part of the Palace.

I was totally shocked when I saw Buckingham Palace I totally agree with you

Princess Diana’s former butler Paul Burrell is an absolute disgrace. His story today on the Daily Mail website about the late Princess and her Mother is disgusting, horrifying and shameful. Hiring him is one of the worst things the royal family ever did. He has made a career out of betraying the late Princess and the royal family and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

Harrys off to Tokyo for the rugby world cup finals

Prince Harry to watch England vs South Africa Rugby World Cup Final in Japan | Daily Mail Online

The Tindalls and Peter Phillips are already there, think it'll do him good to spend some time with them
Mike Tindall shares loved-up selfie with Zara sightseeing during trip to Japan | Daily Mail Online
If only they could knock some humility and common sense into him. They are the kind of folks that H&M should be hanging around with, not celebrities

:)Ooooooooooooo

I like

gettyimages-933859384.jpg

Hanoverian Floral Tiara
And for our tiara fix:

Royal tiaras from around the world | Tatler

I’m loving that Cameo Tiara that belonged to the Empress Josephine, wife of Napoleon. It’s very special and uniquely historical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkit2110