Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can ALL agree on the bolded bits

I think the Queen should have come out with this statement that she just gave right now after the Instagram came out. She has had the position forever and should have the sense to deal with things instead of add to the drama.

It could have been avoided had it been handled by the Queen correctly as she did today. She could have stated when the “surprise” came out that they have been working on the details of a very complex issue for several months. She could have stated that they wanted to do it right instead of having a premature reveal by a tabloid

Last edited:
Princess Beatrice SHOCK: Staggering changes Princess Bea could face as her wedding looms

I will be very interested in Princess Beatrice's royal wedding. What on Earth monstrosity will Fergie find to wear?

Will Princess Beatrice wear some of her Grandmother's jewels? A tiara?

I hope that they have a "small" tasteful wedding. It would be inappropriate for a huge public affair.

Princess Beatrice SHOCK: Staggering changes Princess Bea could face as her wedding loom

I've just looked at that screaming headline and I can't see a single "staggering change". What the hell are the British newspapers on right now?

The Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince William are to be applauded for also recognizing and addressing the other family members who are not in the immediate direct line of succession ahead of Prince Henry: ie: Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

This is very responsible way to address the entire issue. MM, PH, and Archie are not the only people involved in this.

Did I miss something? I haven’t seen anything that addresses the future of anyone other than PH, MM and their child.

No one is angry re the independent part, its having all the govnts pay the security and extra costs. All of these issues should have been thought before a marriage happened. It was a whirlwind. JMO

some people live together for years and then divorce shortly after they marry. I don’t think dating a year is a whirlwind. Of course my husband and I (married since 1973) only officially dated for three months before getting married. We knew each other about a year. To me it was pointless to keep dating. I wanted to move on with a life.

There is no way to predict what will happen in life. I have yet to see people who do not have issues in their lives be it health or loss of job or accidents, etc.

All a couple can do is focus on their love and goals and understanding of life to deal with it.

Great or small, no one escapes issues in life.

Only caught a small portion of convo so this is MOO
Diane Clehane (?) was on HLN, if I heard correctly MM was not part of the summit via phone. PH was allowed to step outside the room & call her.....
Hopefully Diane will post online, I’ll keep my eye out.
Earlier I mentioned I had no idea why MM need be included via phone, she left U.K. knowing there was a meeting, she could have stayed. I think she didn’t want to face some of her in laws. All MOO
This makes much more sense. I was wondering how they’d prevent her from recording their family business & potentially selling the call. Not implying she would. Or prevent her from having her friend, JM, istening in?
All moo

This brings up a monumental front and center issue. ‘Trust’

It has been breached in a very shocking way. I feel the manner in which this was done is very disrespectful. How can anything of reached agreements be trusted? The Queen is being asked to accept their limited role wishes which is for her upsetting, however she isn’t going to get stuck on that...it’s not her place to.

The difficult part is making agreements going forward with a grand daughter in law that has publicly separated herself, acting very immature, divisive and deceptive. Trust is the crux here.

Has anyone here tracked the changes since this website first came out and can give a heads up if so? I would be interested in any changes to any of their pages since they first posted.

Archive.org should have past versions, but with their pull, they can probably get archived versions removed. There are also tools that track changes.

The best bet would probably be screenshots which someone here mentioned they did.

Agree, and many women (worldwide) do the same, leaving the mothering to staff. I’m guessing some have an hour per day with their kids, a lot of days none. We see some rock stars, politicians, actors & tycoons with their kids when they do photo shoots & that might be the only time they spend with them. Moo
JMO but "mothering" is a gender specific term which puts all accountability with the mother. We would say "parenting" in the UK (speaking for myself at least) which indicates that raising a child is the joint responsibility of both parents. I think it's important to recognise that little Archie has two parents, jointly responsible for his upbringing. Again, JMO.

One change in their website

Old - from archive.is
Funding | The Official Website of The Duke & Duchess of Sussex

Does their future financial autonomy extend to covering the costs of security?
The provision of armed security by The Metropolitan Police is mandated by the Home Office, a ministerial department of Her Majesty’s Government, responsible for security and law & order. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as internationally protected people which mandates this level of security. As stated on gov.uk, “No breakdown of security costs is available as disclosure of such information could compromise the integrity of these arrangements and affect the security of the individuals protected. It is long established policy not to comment upon the protective security arrangements and their related costs for members of the Royal Family or their residences.”

New
Funding | The Official Website of The Duke & Duchess of Sussex

Does their future financial autonomy extend to covering the costs of security?
The provision of armed security by The Metropolitan Police is mandated by the Home Office, a ministerial department of Her Majesty’s Government, responsible for security and law & order. As stated on gov.uk, “No breakdown of security costs is available as disclosure of such information could compromise the integrity of these arrangements and affect the security of the individuals protected. It is long established policy not to comment upon the protective security arrangements and their related costs for members of the Royal Family or their residences.”

Every word matters. She really didn’t have to say she was “entirely supportive,” and yet she did.

I imagine that in reality this isn’t her biggest worry at the moment. Prince Andrew’s issues have got to be more worrying.
I agree. Every word will have been carefully worked out with professional advisors. This is why I don't IMO feel people have the right to interpret the statement as they want to. The words are clear and in black and white.

She said specifically that she will support her "grandson". She is bringing that point home.

It’s a WIN/WIN!

I think some are forgetting that is what Harry and Meghan simply wanted all along. But somehow this gets turned around as if they never want to set foot in the UK again and prevent the royal family any access to Archie. This is a false narrative IMO.

I will take their words at face value.

About | The Official Website of The Duke & Duchess of Sussex
“We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.”

When was it first discussed that the Royal Family wanted to streamline.

Which was first put out by the family...e.g. the chicken or the egg as to Harry and Meghan downplaying and moving away from royal duties?

Is this direct effect from that announcement of streamlining and this is how they want to do it and is being discussed, or was the announcement as to streamlining (which was never defined by the palace iirc) all based on pushing from H&M?

some people live together for years and then divorce shortly after they marry. I don’t think dating a year is a whirlwind. Of course my husband and I (married since 1973) only officially dated for three months before getting married. We knew each other about a year. To me it was pointless to keep dating. I wanted to move on with a life.

There is no way to predict what will happen in life. I have yet to see people who do not have issues in their lives be it health or loss of job or accidents, etc.

All a couple can do is focus on their love and goals and understanding of life to deal with it.

Great or small, no one escapes issues in life.

I totally agree. However, I believe it shows one's true character when one takes the feelings, and rights, of others into consideration before self advancement.

Of course, the British monarchy is its own brand. And the queen, who serves as its chief protector, will want to make sure Harry and Meghan are careful about avoiding commercial entanglements and other situations that could undermine the Crown.

JMO, not sure anyone can make this assumption. MM is probably going to be very protective of her "product line" and the stuff she sells. I seriously doubt she will allow the Queen any say over that, nor will she follow any guidelines about what is or isn't appropriate or ethical. Disagreements will be par for the course in this endeavor, unfortunately, but there probably isn't much anyone can do about it other than let it all run its course.

All MOO

I’ve not read all of the other threads, but has anyone considered that MM might have been suffering from PPD—postpartum depression following Archie’s birth?

Yes, I have thought about this, quite possible it has played a part in whatever mental health issues she is having right now. It can be debilitating, and the last place you'd want to be is right in the spotlight having to look perfect and behave impeccably at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18