The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purely from a political point of view I think the Canadians funding some or all the security costs would be a major misstep. How could you refuse any other group funding while spending millions on security for multi millionaires not fulfilling an official function? For example how could you say to police officers that theres no money in the budget for a raise while also splashing out money for security costs for private citizens or how could you not fund an expensive cancer treatment or a myriad of other things.

I get the argument that Canada is part of the commonwealth but they are no longer senior royals, I doubt that Eugenie would get high level security on a private holiday. I think that must be a major part of it, that the Queen is trying to treat all her Grandchildren equally
I can't see any government funding security for private citizens, unless they are working in an official job. The British tabloids are idiots to even suggest it.

If so, there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done. She doesn't appear to take advice or suggestions from anyone.

Perhaps she has. Perhaps she has sought medical or psychiatric advice and been told she needed to take a step back for her own health. Perhaps that's partly what triggered all this in the first place. We just don't know.

Princess Beatrice SHOCK: Staggering changes Princess Bea could face as her wedding loom

I've just looked at that screaming headline and I can't see a single "staggering change". What the hell are the British newspapers on right now?

Hmm, maybe Fergie will look classy, for a change.

The green dress she wore for Eugenie's wedding, with large sweat stains under the armpits, was so dismal.

JMO, not sure anyone can make this assumption. MM is probably going to be very protective of her "product line" and the stuff she sells. I seriously doubt she will allow the Queen any say over that, nor will she follow any guidelines about what is or isn't appropriate or ethical. Disagreements will be par for the course in this endeavor, unfortunately, but there probably isn't much anyone can do about it other than let it all run its course.

All MOO

I think MM has diligently been working on her Megxit, behind scenes, since marriage. Won’t surprise me if a friend of MM’s comes out & says MM only planned to stay in U.K. 2 years. So it has been 20 months, close enough, moo

I’ve not read all of the other threads, but has anyone considered that MM might have been suffering from PPD—postpartum depression following Archie’s birth?

Had that been the case, she had the opportunity to discuss this ALL with The Powers That Be. I think they would be extremely sympathetic and very very discrete about it.

Had MM and PH not taken all the melodramatic steps they did AND not mentioned ££££££ /$$$$$ all over the place, I’m quite sure we would see a graceful exit from Royal Duties.

Their behaviour does not support this at all

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

Here Are 20 Headlines Comparing Meghan Markle To Kate Middleton

Over the years, Meghan has been shamed for the same things for which her sister-in-law, Kate, has been praised.

Here is a look at 20 stories from these outlets that appear to show a double standard between press coverage of Meghan and Kate. BuzzFeed News has reached out to all of the outlets featured below for comment.

I think Markle keeps score.

I think Catherine does not

If so, there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done. She doesn't appear to take advice or suggestions from anyone.
if she’s not suffering from it, if someone can suggest it to her, maybe she can add it to her list of gripes. Iirc in Africa she complained of being a newlywed, pregnant & a new mom, in short order. Well duh, no one forced to her marry & become pregnant.
If she prefers anonymity, I’m sure she could have held an office type position, behind scenes. I think accommodations could have been made. Moo
Harry doesn’t need her to accompany him, he’s used to his solo adventures. Her visiting shelter or a soup kitchen for a photo shoot isn’t changing anyone’s world. Moo
I would hardly call doing so a days work. Takes more effort for us to get groceries, lol. Moo

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

Over the years, Meghan has been shamed for the same things for which her sister-in-law, Kate, has been praised.

Here is a look at 20 stories from these outlets that appear to show a double standard between press coverage of Meghan and Kate. BuzzFeed News has reached out to all of the outlets featured below for comment.

^^^^
Oh my word, everyone should look at that. Sickening. The first one about the baby bump, there was only a matter of months between the two articles.

When was it first discussed that the Royal Family wanted to streamline.

Which was first put out by the family...e.g. the chicken or the egg as to Harry and Meghan downplaying and moving away from royal duties?

Is this direct effect from that announcement of streamlining and this is how they want to do it and is being discussed, or was the announcement as to streamlining (which was never defined by the palace iirc) all based on pushing from H&M?
I remember reading this article a few months ago

"It's long been considered Charles supports the leaner approach, while his younger brother Andrew has not liked the thought that his daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, who have pursued their own careers, might in any way be sidelined within the family"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5325369

The article mentions the RF noticeably streamlined in 2012, excluding all but those immediately in line of succession. This included PH because George hadn't been born.

The pass that the media are giving Randy Andy and his friend's taste for underage crumpet is astonishing compared with the venom against MM.

People love to think in black and white: the saint and her evil twin, the hero and the scapegoàt.

^^^^
Oh my word, everyone should look at that. Sickening. The first one about the baby bump, there was only a matter of months between the two articles.

I think it's a very selective list. I recall many headlines about Kate that were critical about her clothing, her family, her work, her weight. Remember how they used to criticize her when William would spend holidays, etc. with her parents at their home? Remember when the media would sneak around to try and get photos of her and PW when they were still in school? All the accusations that she "stalked PW, etc.?

Inside the Early Days of Prince William and Kate Middleton's Romance

MM knows this, too and she probably also knows Kate won't lower herself to respond.

MOO

In the statement I read, the titles were still there, it just used the given names in addition to the titles.

I think the informal "Harry and Meghan" was just to say that these are individual members of the Queen's family, not just a Duke and a Duchess. Later on, the statement used their title of "Sussex" to describe them.

So I don't think that counts as excluding their titles, I think it's more like saying, "this is my grandson, Harry, and his wife, Meghan" and together they are "the Sussexes".

In the broadcast the Queen did after the death of Diana, she called her "Diana"...it seemed a strong message of seeing someone as an individual who has a personal name, and not just a title. I think this is the same.

And it was too tight all over.

I notice other European Royalty with mature-woman figures always look about 1000% better that Ferguson.

She has several months, and I believe plenty of funds, to get herself together.

If I was her personal assistant, I would start with a cute, smart hair cut. A short bob? Something. She needs to get rid of the hair. That would be a huge improvement.

Then, personal training, yoga, and diet. Every day, Fergie could look great, if she started. I am not "fat shaming", it is just time to cut out the alcohol, and get a bit fitter, yoga would make Fergie look much better.

In the statement I read, the titles were still there, it just used the given names in addition to the titles.

I think the informal "Harry and Meghan" was just to say that these are individual members of the Queen's family, not just a Duke and a Duchess. Later on, the statement used their title of "Sussex" to describe them.

So I don't think that counts as excluding their titles, I think it's more like saying, "this is my grandson, Harry, and his wife, Meghan" and together they are "the Sussexes".

In the broadcast the Queen did after the death of Diana, she called her "Diana"...it seemed a strong message of seeing someone as an individual who has a personal name, and not just a title. I think this is the same.

I agree. If she'd called them "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex" people would be clamouring that she was cold and business-like towards them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18