The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video of the winning jockey, Calvin Borel, who met the Queen and the U.S. President in 2007.

Mr. Borel is such a likeable guy. In the video he mentions that the President asked him where he "stole the tuxedo" and Mr. Borel said he found it at the side of the road.

Apparently this really broke the ice for Mr. Borel as he said he was so nervous to meet the Queen. Really cute story.

Last edited:
I was raised in the Episcopal Church... I think Godparents had a greater role when life expectancy was shorter and communities and family were closer situated. And in wartime.

My church community was strong. I had four Godparents who were willing to raise us three sibs... it was post WWII, Father stationed in Korean War, nuclear high alert 1950’s...

The world has become more transient, greater distances between people. Multiple faith families have grown.

What I like about the CofE is a much more relaxed attitude about level of participation in rules. It’s there if you choose it.

For the RF, traditions are strong.
That exactly what it is ... traditional

That's why *3* thou, to all help raise the godchild if they lost their parents, which as you point out, was very much a reality not so many generations ago.
Particularly in England & across Europe

2 hours ago
Star Wars fans in particular are hoping for an announcement over the birth of the royal baby today.

May 4 marks 'Star Wars Day' around the globe - thanks to the pun (May the 4th be with you).

And some fans are wishing for a baby girl Leia:

;) Maybe not so slow !
Haha thought of this myself

Girl, Princess Leia :p:D

(Same link as ^)

2 hours ago
Star Wars fans in particular are hoping for an announcement over the birth of the royal baby today.

May 4 marks 'Star Wars Day' around the globe - thanks to the pun (May the 4th be with you).

And some fans are wishing for a baby girl Leia:

;) Maybe not so slow !

(Same link as ^)

A bit O/T

Our doggie, a Cavalier King Charles is called Solo. He's a rescue, came with the name but the breeder named them all after Star Wars characters. I thought it was kind of cute.

I think Beyonce is gonna side eye “Ivy”, but that’s not my problem.

Rose, Daisy, Geranium, Iris, Hollyhock, Violet, Olive

Just not Hyacinth

I loved watching the show "Keeping up appearances". British comedy shows always make me laugh out loud. They are so witty!

I'm sure most of us have heard a "Hyacinth" in our lives telling us on and on and on about their "splendid" lives. :)

When a "well-meaning";) neighbor said to me last week that it was such a shame to see me out gardening (which I love!) and that I don't have a "proper gardener" I thought of Hyacinth. :)

Last edited:
Ivy is problematic because it’s also a poisonous plant by that name, at least here in USA... I can just see the comments in the DM and other tabloidish publications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member