The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost interest in the Megan/ Harry/ baby drama a few weeks ago. LOL.

When Buckingham Palace was in control of the media reports they gave out solid and appropriate information, so the due dates for the mother of the heirs-to-be was not a world-wide secret and the Palace could control the content.

This is the hazard with wanting to be so coy and secret - you find you aren't that special.

I really can't forgive her for the show she made at Eugenie's wedding. Even she should have known how gauche it was. Wear a normal dress/coat and don't keep pointing to your stomach. I seriously doubt she was showing at that point

Even the media seems to be bored now, mostly all repeating the same old reports we've already seen :confused:

"Speculation is rife over what Prince Harry and Meghan will name the royal baby.

From Diana to Arthur and Elizabeth, here are the top 10 most likely names, according to the bookies."

I hadn't noticed these names mentioned much...

"Fourth on the list is Victoria – which could be in honour of Prince Harry's great-great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria – while second is Alice – the name of Harry's great-grandmother, Princess Alice of Battenberg."

I like Alice.

The top name predictions for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s baby

I just read that Kim Kardashian make $1 million for each of her instagram posts. :eek::eek::eek:

I've also read that the family makes up a lot of the info they spread in the news about their wealth. JMO, it's exaggerated quite a bit. Other than that, I don't know the difference between one Kardashian or the other, nor their spouses/partners/kids. Don't follow them at all, though it's hard to avoid the headlines about them when reading the news online.

When Buckingham Palace was in control of the media reports they gave out solid and appropriate information, so the due dates for the mother of the heirs-to-be was not a world-wide secret and the Palace could control the content.

This is the hazard with wanting to be so coy and secret - you find you aren't that special.

I really can't forgive her for the show she made at Eugenie's wedding. Even she should have known how gauche it was. Wear a normal dress/coat and don't keep pointing to your stomach. I seriously doubt she was showing at that point

Yes, that incident (at Eugenie's wedding) confirmed for me that MM is not a nice person and probably a little emotionally unbalanced. Before, I was willing to give her a chance. She's old enough to know better.

Yes, that incident (at Eugenie's wedding) confirmed for me that MM is not a nice person and probably a little emotionally unbalanced. Before, I was willing to give her a chance. She's old enough to know better.

And media-savvy enough to know she would totally upstage Eugenie. Who is the niece of her husband. It was a rude, self-centered thing to do.

I agree with the poster upstream that made the comment about her trading way up out of her league with Harry. I'm beginning to see the Wallace Simpson effect.

Maybe they'll be good marriage partners. But so far it's just the Megan Show. And I don't think that bodes well for Harry and the Royal Family.

I promised a Cinco de Mayo quiz if there was no Baby Sussex today. Of course, there are 24 hours during which the Royal baby could arrive, but have fun with this Mexican food quiz while we wait :) Every time I look at a clock, I automatically add 5 hours for London time :D

QUIZ: How Much Do You Really Know About Mexican Food? | Recipes

I, too, am a Boss!!! Years living in Nuevo Mexico figure in the equation.

Pardon the noise, rice sugar and cinnamon whirring in the food processor on their way to becoming Horchata for ME!!!

Maybe later I'll brew tea, more in line with little neighborhood in CyberSpace.

I guess Harry and Meghan cannot produce the baby for the short focused public.

I doubt if anyone wants to be under the continuous microscope with people analyzing every move and every hair and fashion mistake.

I imagine they do not read anything or they would be depressed continually.

The Royals have all matured into gracious, thoughtful people. They can be an example of values to follow nowadays. We need that in our Khardashian Duggar world

But how do we know it was MM? Maybe Harry spilled the beans and told his grandmother and a few others? And weren’t they about to board a plane for Australia?

MM has appeared to be pretty dutiful alongside Harry.

And I wonder if some of the backlash against MM is really backlash about American superficiality (Hollywood especially) in comparison to the depth and history of the BRF. A fair criticism I think.

And there’s generational differences, too. Like the whole social media world. I come from a generation where you never took a photograph without permission... street photography excluded, but even then many did ask permission.

So, now, anything, story, photo, made up or not, zooms around the world faster than you can say ‘world’. It’s much more difficult to control the narrative, now.

- Imo.

This upset me, especially after Eugenie delayed her wedding for Harry and Meghan.

If Megan has given birth she is putting the RF in a precocious position. Attending constant events, I would think folks would be asking how is Meghan or is the baby here?

How can or should they repsond?

I agree, they are entitled to privacy to a certain extent, however, this is the life they chose. We can witness the half million dollar baby shower, rubbing of the baby bump, send well wishes, but only her elite friends would be allowed to know of the birth. The sword cuts both ways, a gentle reminder. This does not play well for the royal family.

Gayle King announcing on Twitter she is headed to London and now radio silence. So you think Gayle will announce on GMA with photos?

If I were the Queen, I would find it hard to smile going to Sunday service under the veil of secrecy.

And media-savvy enough to know she would totally upstage Eugenie. Who is the niece of her husband. It was a rude, self-centered thing to do.

I agree with the poster upstream that made the comment about her trading way up out of her league with Harry. I'm beginning to see the Wallace Simpson effect.

Maybe they'll be good marriage partners. But so far it's just the Megan Show. And I don't think that bodes well for Harry and the Royal Family.
;) Harrys & Eugeine are cousins

I just read that Kim Kardashian make $1 million for each of her instagram posts. :eek::eek::eek:

I saw that interview as well. They have a fee schedule they charge to endorse products or brands on social media

"Smith asked, "How much of their business, how much of the money that your daughters bring in, is based on their endorsements of products on social media?"

"Well, my girls are constantly getting offers to post something for a company, or a brand, on social media," said Jenner. "So, they have a fee for a post, or a fee for a story, a fee for Facebook. They have a fee schedule."

The fees, she said, are all over the board: "It's definitely six figures. And sometimes, if it's Kim, or if it's Kylie, it depends on really what it is."

"Is it more than six figures if it's Kim or Kylie?"

"If it's a pharmaceutical product, if it's something that you're gonna drink or ingest, or put on your body."

"And that's more than six figures?"

"Maybe," she coyly replied."

I promised a Cinco de Mayo quiz if there was no Baby Sussex today. Of course, there are 24 hours during which the Royal baby could arrive, but have fun with this Mexican food quiz while we wait :) Every time I look at a clock, I automatically add 5 hours for London time :D

QUIZ: How Much Do You Really Know About Mexican Food? | Recipes
10 out of 10

I think I will give kudos to the Food Network and all those cooking shows :)
Speaking Italian has benefitted me when it comes to understanding and learning some other languages since some of the words are the same.

Agree.

And before that day there were some articles saying that MM wanted to wear A emerald tiara for wedding and was denied by the Queen.

Eugenie wore emerald tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member