The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's probably taken criticism on board and is being careful not to outshine Kate or any of the other Royals. Add to that she has likely decided to go with the "dark colours are more slimming" mantra.

Both Meghan and Kate are SO like their mums. And William is certainly Diana's boy.

2D4E1A08-A668-4891-98B4-CC351457DB44.jpeg

It must be culture shock big time for Meghan. I wouldn’t have chosen that life — but that’s me. No carriage rides thank you very much! She may not feel invested in the Episcopal faith either, certainly not like the BRF. So, I imagine it’s really difficult and the differences in lifestyle must make her feel like a total fish out of water sometimes. She seems to be adding to that with her choices though.

I wonder if she’s feeling pressure to have another child? Not tomorrow, (lol) but soon?

Meghan does casual style really well. But we do casual style (and stringy flattened hair) in America.

Not only does Meghan need a really good stylist, but the house of Givenchy could use a fashion overhaul, imo. That dress and coatlet are quite dreadful.

It’s interesting, style really works when it shows that the choices come from a personal best knowledge. And to some it comes quite naturally. Kate, Camilla, and Diana all exude (d) that confidence of knowing what works for them.

I’m a huge fan of hats. So I’d be in hat heaven in Britain!

Even a different more festive hat could have rescued Meghan’s outfit. Last year, she looked lovely in a neutral beige blush and it was her hat that really made the outfit... jmo.

I really liked the Carolina Herrera outfit above too it looked great.

Look again. The caption says that is Queen Elizabeth riding in 1979. :)

Anne is at the far right in the photo above her mother’s which I can’t get to copy here.
:confused: Duh - No wonder LOL
( I even had a 'double-take' thinking how she looked SO MUCH like the Queen)
wow-emoji-animated-2.gif

This pic?
D8iDn-SX4AEdjPo

*:rolleyes: Disclaimer - These are published as (allegedly) from 2019 parade
the-princess-royal-makes-her-way-along-the-mall-to-horse-news-photo-1148492902-1559989546.jpg

Britain-Royals.jpg

Britain's Prince Charles, right, and Prince William attend the annual Trooping the Colour parade in London on Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Queen is spotted in London's fashionable Notting Hill district after visiting the home of her cousin to celebrate her 78th birthday

After a busy week, the Queen found time to visit Lady Elizabeth Anson's home.

One passer-by in Notting Hill said: 'I never thought I'd see Her Majesty hanging out in my "hood" :D

Can there be another 93-year-old with the stamina of the Queen?

c915e45d9ac16d8774e911cf5cd5003b--silly-faces-funny-faces.jpg

At the end of a busy week in which she had to entertain Donald Trump and his extended family before attending the D-Day commemorations in Portsmouth, Her Majesty also found time to 'hang out' in London's fashionable Notting Hill.

( Sorry no recent pics in article so I had to improvise :p )

The Queen is spotted 'hanging out' in London's fashionable Notting Hill | Daily Mail Online

:confused: Duh - No wonder LOL
( I even had a 'double-take' thinking how she looked SO MUCH like the Queen)
wow-emoji-animated-2.gif

This pic?
D8iDn-SX4AEdjPo

*:rolleyes: Disclaimer - These are published as (allegedly) from 2019 parade
the-princess-royal-makes-her-way-along-the-mall-to-horse-news-photo-1148492902-1559989546.jpg

Britain-Royals.jpg

Britain's Prince Charles, right, and Prince William attend the annual Trooping the Colour parade in London on Saturday, June 8, 2019

Yes, that’s the photo I couldn’t get to copy over here. It was very sneaky the way they slid in the old photo of the Queen with the tiny caption. I had to look twice. :eek::)

Happy Birthday Prince Philip! Here are 98 facts about the 98-year-old Duke of Edinburgh
poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
  • As Italy invaded Greece in 1941, The Duke was appointed to the battleship HMS VALIANT in the Mediterranean Fleet based in Alexandria. He saw action off the Libyan coast and in Malta, in March took part in the night Battle of Matapan against the Italian Navy. Prince Philip was later awarded the Greek War Cross of Valour.
  • The Duke was appointed to command the anti-submarine Frigate HMS Magpie. During his two years with the Mediterranean Fleet, Princess Elizabeth was able to join him while his ship was in Malta.
  • The Duke learned to fly with the RAF at White Waltham and gained his RAF Wings in 1953, his helicopter wings with the Royal Navy in 1956, and his Private Pilots Licence in 1959
  • The Duke later established the Maritime Trust with the intention that it should do for historic ships what the National Trust was doing for historic houses. Over the years the Trust was responsible for saving such ships as Brunel’s Great Britain; the first ‘ironclad’ HMS Warrior; Henry VIII’s great ship Mary Rose; Scott’s Discovery; the 18th century frigate HMS Unicorn; 18th frigate built in Bombay HMS Trincomalee, in addition to several smaller ships and craft.
  • The Duke was the first member of the Royal family to be involved in television programmes. In May 1957, he presented a programme for the BBC about his four and a half month tour of the Commonwealth.
  • The Duke has always been interested in design. He designed a bracelet as his wedding present to The Queen. The stones came from a*Tiara* owned by his mother.
  • :D Villagers on a remote island in the South Pacific believe that the Duke is their God. A group of people on the island of Tanna say that Prince Philip descended from their spirit ancestors, and will one day return to the island to live with them and hunt pigs.
hbz-prince-philip-00-index-1497024221.jpg

Prince Philip, who is set to turn 98 in June, has become the oldest ever-male royal in British history,

Born in 1921, Philip is also the third longest-living British royal in history, only overtaken in life span by Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester who died in 2004 aged 102, and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, who died in 2002 aged 101.

As far as his health goes I think he's looking pretty good for 98
d54653b0f7b10d0f46f8b0a2cb1e2615.png

as-comp-prince-harry.jpg
Prince Philip talks to Prince Harry at Lady Gabriella's wedding in May

Prince Philip set to make history for this amazing reason

A look back at Prince Philip's naughtiest gaffes as he turns 98

As the Duke rings in his 98th birthday, we round up his spectacularly naughty moments and funniest slip-ups.

1558339409312_princephilip.jpg
Prince Philip has stood the test of time and so has his love for the woman he adoringly calls "Cabbage.":p

With his sparkling wit on hand, the Duke of Edinburgh describes his life as "traipsing around", often joking that he is the "fella who belongs to Mrs Queen"

He may be a royal but sometimes it the simple things in life that make him smile: "Get me a beer. I don't care what kind it is, just get me a beer!"
s-l300.jpg

In 1966 he quipped, "British women can't cook".

The Duke is not a fan of Tom Jones
Chatting to the singer after the 1969 Royal Variety Performance he remarked, "What do you gargle with, pebbles?"

He belted to a photographer at an event: "Just take the f%#$ing picture!"

In 1998, Prince Philip asked a student who returned from a trip to Papua New Guinea, "You managed not to get eaten then?'

In 1995, he joked, "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?" to a Scottish driving instructor.

Never one to be afraid of offending someone, the Duke once told the President of Nigeria, who was wearing a national robe, "You look like you're ready for bed!"

No matter what he has said, one thing is certain - his unwavering devotion to his wife.

Famously saying, "My job first, second and last is never to let the Queen down," let's charge our glasses to the King of funny, Prince Philip.

May you still have many hilarious moments

854bbed80b83fb201c1a715491f84182.gif

Prince Philip's funniest gaffes

EAE4A40E-9C97-42F5-A103-02DBC45D5300.jpeg C1B63C62-9714-4FBE-9813-63B34ADADD9E.jpeg

Domino’s driver tries to deliver pizzas to Buckingham Palace for ‘Elizabeth’

A Domino's driver was left red-faced after he attempted to deliver four large 'cheeseburger' pizzas to a customer named 'Elizabeth' at Buckingham Palace.

The employee sparked a security scare when he tried to get past the palace security gate to drop off the pizzas, reports say.

Domino’s driver tries to deliver pizzas to Buckingham Palace for ‘Elizabeth’

Happy Birthday to the Duke of Edinburgh.

30602711-66C6-4714-BF66-F757E22238AB.jpeg C50616CC-893C-448B-8908-21A54A103073.jpeg DE3A2DA3-D22B-48A1-B416-AA1813EB80C3.jpeg 0320C76D-39B5-4321-BB0D-84F319884F2C.jpeg EC982854-6776-45B9-B5E7-56EDA19C83C7.jpeg 065C4975-CB64-438D-8757-10168AF78DD0.jpeg

Happy birthday, Sir! Royal Family shares touching tributes to Prince Philip as he turns 98 - including a dashing portrait and a picture with young Charles in 1951

Prince Philip celebrates his 98th birthday | Daily Mail Online

The Duke of Edinburgh was a handsome man when he was younger. It is lovely to see photos of him and Her Majesty together over the years.

View attachment 188367 View attachment 188368 View attachment 188369 View attachment 188370 View attachment 188371 View attachment 188372

Happy birthday, Sir! Royal Family shares touching tributes to Prince Philip as he turns 98 - including a dashing portrait and a picture with young Charles in 1951

Prince Philip celebrates his 98th birthday | Daily Mail Online

The Duke of Edinburgh was a handsome man when he was younger. It is lovely to see photos of him and Her Majesty together over the years.

Happy birthday
He was quite a good looking young man.
Imagine being married that long wow

animated-laughing-image-0175.gif

The 'Yorks' win by an overwhelming majority :D

Neck & neck at the finish but we do have a clear overall championship winner ...(by miles!)

Princess Bea of York

1st & 2nd places go to.....
photographer-clipart-xigMo4GKT.jpeg

Ooo_o
It's a 'photo-finish' to decide :p

princess-beatrice-hat-2-1517257010.jpg
Princess Beatrice

Beatrice unsurprisingly wore another bold hat to the wedding of Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly
princess-beatrice-1517423301.jpg

Princess Beatrice of York
At the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton

Which one would you choose? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors