The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
animated-laughing-image-0175.gif

The 'Yorks' win by an overwhelming majority :D

Neck & neck at the finish but we do have a clear overall championship winner ...(by miles!)

Princess Bea of York

1st & 2nd places go to.....
photographer-clipart-xigMo4GKT.jpeg

Ooo_o
It's a 'photo-finish' to decide :p

princess-beatrice-hat-2-1517257010.jpg
Princess Beatrice

Beatrice unsurprisingly wore another bold hat to the wedding of Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly
princess-beatrice-1517423301.jpg

Princess Beatrice of York
At the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton

Which one would you choose? :eek:

Both are awful but the ‘toilet seat’ hat won’t be forgotten for a long time.

More hats...
70 Best Royal Hats in History - Most Memorable Royal Family Fascinators

1970s
The Queen Mother wears a pastel hat with triangle cutouts to match her chiffon suit.

848A1597-C9FA-4520-82FD-F1468F992D70.jpeg

—The Queen Mum, looking pretty festive!

Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon (later, the Queen Mother) wearing a bucket-shaped hat with a chin strap.

974C489B-3588-4B69-81D8-5598148D9886.jpeg
She had a certain pizazz, an alluring quality, and beautiful when she was young.

—I really like QM’s hat style over the years.
And I love the historic photos.

More hats...
70 Best Royal Hats in History - Most Memorable Royal Family Fascinators

1970s
The Queen Mother wears a pastel hat with triangle cutouts to match her chiffon suit.

View attachment 188396

—The Queen Mum, looking pretty festive!

Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon (later, the Queen Mother) wearing a bucket-shaped hat with a chin strap.

View attachment 188397
She had a certain pizazz, an alluring quality, and beautiful when she was young.

—I really like QM’s hat style over the years.
And I love the historic photos.

The Queen Mother is missed she must have been fun to be around. Every interview I have read from people who knew her say she had a great personality and that she was kind.

Attachments

• 832A18CE-6A26-4B15-ADD1-E19707D538F6.jpeg
    832A18CE-6A26-4B15-ADD1-E19707D538F6.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 7
From 22nd May article: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windor is only a few weeks old, but he's already received a rare botanical honor. The young royal just had a flower named after him. A lemon-yellow "Archie Harrison" chrysanthemum was unveiled to much excitement at the Chelsea Flower Show this week.
Archie Harrison's Namesake Chrysanthemum Just Debuted at the Chelsea Flower Show

Beautiful yellow. I’m particularly fond of the Clematis Meghan, however. I want!!

upload_2019-6-10_14-25-13.jpeg
Meghan Markle's Namesake Flower Will Debut at the 2019 Chelsea Flower Show in May

Buy clematis Meghan (group 2) Clematis 'Meghan'

5397120C-7E0B-47AC-B30C-9269B60B32C8.jpeg 6E27AEE6-DC93-4C7E-B699-F2A953831CC6.jpeg

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly 'nesting' with baby Archie, as they settle into co-parenting their newborn son.

The new parents are said to be keen to divide the parenting tasks, with Meghan, 37, breastfeeding, while Prince Harry changes nappies and cooks for guests at Frogmore Cottage.

Royal commentator Carolyn Durand told Elle.com that Harry, who is 'over the moon' with his new son, 'makes tea' for visitors who have popped in to meet baby Archie.

While she added that one royal source revealed:' [Archie] is the cutest little thing I've ever seen. They couldn't be happier.'

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are 'nesting' with baby Archie | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 188536 View attachment 188537

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly 'nesting' with baby Archie, as they settle into co-parenting their newborn son.

The new parents are said to be keen to divide the parenting tasks, with Meghan, 37, breastfeeding, while Prince Harry changes nappies and cooks for guests at Frogmore Cottage.

Royal commentator Carolyn Durand told Elle.com that Harry, who is 'over the moon' with his new son, 'makes tea' for visitors who have popped in to meet baby Archie.

While she added that one royal source revealed:' [Archie] is the cutest little thing I've ever seen. They couldn't be happier.'

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are 'nesting' with baby Archie | Daily Mail Online

They have no staff? My dream would be to have a cook and house cleaner

617B5E88-8E47-4CCC-852A-4B9EC13DE35E.jpeg

Prince Harry plans to travel to Africa with Meghan Markle and their new son Archie to finish the anti-landmine work Princess Diana started.

As part of the couple's autumn tour, Harry will journey to Angola in a bid to complete his late mother's legacy of charity work for the HALO Trust.

Diana famously visited Angola in January 1997, just months before her tragic death in a car crash in Paris in August that year.

The six-month 'secondment' to Africa is expected to take place in the next two to three years and see the couple visit Malawi, South Africa and possibly Botswana to extend work of his charity Sentebale.

Prince Harry 'wants to take Meghan and Archie on Angolan trip to finish work his mother started' | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 188593

Is Meghan ready to become the queen of fashion? The Duchess of Sussex will reportedly 'guest edit' the September issue of British Vogue - and pose for 'new photos' at Frogmore Cottage

Meghan Markle is reportedly set to 'guest edit' British Vogue's September issue | Daily Mail Online

I am sorry but MM is not a fashion icon or the queen of fashion. She has spent a gigantic amount of money on designer clothing and she did not look good in 90 percent of them. Maybe it was because the clothes were not tailored to her. There were only a few items that I saw that I liked. She loves to bare her shoulders but her shoulders are too broad. I am sure there are clothes out there that would look fantastic on her. I would not value her opinion on fashion based on what I have seen, but then again, I have not seen everything. Women do love fashion. I love to look at fashion.

I am sorry but MM is not a fashion icon or the queen of fashion. She has spent a gigantic amount of money on designer clothing and she did not look good in 90 percent of them. Maybe it was because the clothes were not tailored to her. There were only a few items that I saw that I liked. She loves to bare her shoulders but her shoulders are too broad. I am sure there are clothes out there that would look fantastic on her. I would not value her opinion on fashion based on what I have seen, but then again, I have not seen everything. Women do love fashion. I love to look at fashion.

It is just a tactic Conde Nast the publisher of British Vogue is using to try and increase advertising revenue in the biggest issue of the year. They are hoping Royal fans will buy the magazine and boost circulation numbers. Conde Nast is in big trouble because circulation of flagship magazines like American Vogue and British Vogue is dwindling rapidly. They are losing $100 million plus a year and have made drastic cutbacks. In fact I think they will cease to exist at some point in the coming years. At least the Duchess of Sussex is an improvement on Kim Kardashian who has appeared appeared in April this year on the cover of American Vogue.

Hopefully the Duchess of Sussex will start using a professional stylist in future one that will cut down on the Givenchy. It will be interesting to see what she is wearing in Vogue hopefully her friend Jessica isn’t the stylist.

:eek: Don't Panic... I didn't miss it.
Happy Birthday Prince Philip! Here are 98 facts about the 98-year-old Duke of Edinburgh
The Duke has always been interested in design. He designed a bracelet as his wedding present to The Queen. The stones came from a*Tiara* owned by his mother
(RL sucks so my apologies for the belated..)

1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!

:DThe Prince Philip Wedding Bracelet

When Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten -- or, as he was formerly known, His Royal Highness Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark -- proposed to Princess Elizabeth of the United Kingdom in the 1940s, he had to find a way to present his bride with jewels appropriate for a future queen while earning a sailor's paycheck.

lizphil-engagement008.gif

The Princess debuted her engagement ring for the first time in official photographs taken at Buckingham Palace.
Help came in the form of a diamond tiara :p owned by his mother, Princess Alice of Battenberg. The piece was dismantled; some of the stones were used to create Elizabeth's engagement ring, while others were used to make the diamond bracelet
742194758110efb1565821d1c68a6adb.jpg
Both jewels were made from diamonds taken from a tiara that belonged to the Duke's mother, Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark
_Alice.jpg

Princess Alice, wearing the tiara dismantled to create the ring and bracelet
2019-0611-bracelet07.png

Princess Alice wears the now-dismantled tiara

View attachment 188594

Prince Harry plans to travel to Africa with Meghan Markle and their new son Archie to finish the anti-landmine work Princess Diana started.

As part of the couple's autumn tour, Harry will journey to Angola in a bid to complete his late mother's legacy of charity work for the HALO Trust.

Diana famously visited Angola in January 1997, just months before her tragic death in a car crash in Paris in August that year.

The six-month 'secondment' to Africa is expected to take place in the next two to three years and see the couple visit Malawi, South Africa and possibly Botswana to extend work of his charity Sentebale.

Prince Harry 'wants to take Meghan and Archie on Angolan trip to finish work his mother started' | Daily Mail Online

What a great family. Working on the landmine issue. This is what leaders look like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member