The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:p
giphy.gif

Seeing this gif (bananas) my mind went straight to Josephine Baker.

I found her quite amazing, she adopted 12? Children, (rainbow tribe) and was a spy for the french resistance.

I agree :) There were some bath toys on hygienist's baby registry, but no books. I think a lovely book with plush Peter Rabbit will be a nice addition to this baby boy's nursery.
I always default to a classic book set 'keepsake' for a special occasion.
- I still have my own which I received many moons ago
I personally think Peter Rabbit is perfect :)

*O/T - Ever since an ankle-biter my biggest wish was my very own Steiff Bear :D
I always loved PR & over years amassed toys & 'collectables' of all kinds I've received as gifts, so you can imagine my surprise & excitement when Santa brought me my very, very, loved & most (Ever!) treasured ...
steiff-354168.jpg

Steiff Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit (100 Years Anniversary)
:rolleyes: Confession - I was well past my ankle-biting days at this time but still...
240_F_116969708_C0qxuENX4Tm7eGFWgPSfeZNGiACxVGYY.jpg

Another day at the races:

Queen looks unimpressed as she grapples with her umbrella at Ascot | Daily Mail Online

Princess Anne owning it!

View attachment 189569

Look at her little face!

View attachment 189570

Clever Sophie decided to just wear her umbrella:

View attachment 189571

I like it, not a lot, but I like it (haha)

View attachment 189572

And (my) worst dressed goes to:
(unless she was aiming for cheap, flammable and slightly slutty... )

View attachment 189573

Love Anne’s outfit but longer sleeves needed.

I love the crazy hat on the pink woman showing her assets

Seeing this gif (bananas) my mind went straight to Josephine Baker.

I found her quite amazing, she adopted 12? Children, (rainbow tribe) and was a spy for the french resistance.
Josephine Baker
josephine-baker-lucien-walery-banana-skirt-from-the-folies-bergere-production-un-vent-de-folie-david-lee-guss.jpg

FMca.gif
:D Thoughts of Carmen Miranda for me.
giphy.gif

On a more serious note :cool:
Josephine was quite something!
Think she's deserving of a little shout-out of her own?
08574fc7685a0128f3151716f9d18ca8842bb1d1.jpg

(She was a stunner :) )

Born Freda Josephine McDonald on June 3, 1906, in St. Louis, Missouri, Josephine Baker spent her youth in poverty before learning to dance and finding success on Broadway. In the 1920s she moved to France and soon became one of Europe's most popular and highest-paid performers...

Civil Rights Activism.
During the 1950s, Baker returned to the United States and supported theCivil Rights Movement. ...
In 1963, Baker participated in the March on Washington.
For her efforts as a civil rights activist, the NAACP named May 20th “Josephine Baker Day.”

Josephine Baker | Biography
Josephine Baker - Wikipedia

687B5EA7-D64E-49E5-9026-2C4F34740508.jpeg

Prince Charles made a speedy dash back to Buckingham Palace from Royal Ascot this evening to award Ralph Lauren an honorary KBE.

The fashion legend became the first American designer to receive the highest British honour, which stands for Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire.

Mr Lauren, 79, is best known for his role in the Ralph Lauren Corporation, a global multibillion-dollar enterprise.

Prince Charles presents fashion designer Ralph Lauren with an honorary KBE at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

https://www.*************/5489854/meghan-markle-bow-down-royal-traditions/

ETA : well, That’s all I needed to know since it can’t be posted here hahaha
Trash
;) NO doubt it'll be covered by the Mail soon enough.
It's a cracker thou so here's a couple of (hee hee hee) 'highlights'
*But be warned-
slamming-head-on-desk-gif-8.gif
Meghan Markle is reportedly ready to see some changes in the British monarchy.
:rolleyes:
An inside source recently revealed to *Radar Online*;) that the Duchess of Sussex is “fighting for equality” under Queen Elizabeth II’s rule and feels that some of the traditions and royal protocols are outdated.
?? "Equality" o_O Like as in 'Female' equality?
darned-clipart-emotions-1.jpg

GOBSMACKED is my only word on that contradictory sentence
Meghan reportedly doesn’t want to “bow down” when the next in line for the throne, Prince William, and his wife, Kate Middleton, take over.
Yeah - Good luck with that one LOL
“Meghan and Harry feel that the rules and regulations in connection with Royal protocol are antiquated to forward thinking Millennials,
b7922376c8ea6e02a73f724acfe985b1.jpg
"An institution over 1,000 years old, the British Monarchy has a few odd rules and traditions."

"Royal family traditions may seem strange, but they’re part of the rich and fascinating history of British royalty and no doubt will be preserved for centuries to come."
The source continued on to say that Meghan reportedly feels her “unrelenting work ethic” is being “stifled” by people who “can’t keep up with her.”
LOL
However, the source declared that Meghan will be a force to be reckoned with when she does make her official return.
“Expect her to make a huge comeback after her maternity leave ends. You will see her everywhere and she is already booked out through 2021
,”
7431509-sleeping-emoticon.jpg

* To be clear ~ I seriously doubt ( :rolleyes: =she didn't) Meghan is even aware she said, feels, telepathically communicated or whatever, ANY of this to the infamous un-named SOURCE. Who is also clearly NOT British as it comes across as a load of old codswallop to anyone who is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member