The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'IT'S A COMPLETE JOKE!' Piers Morgan says Meghan Markle should ‘go back to America’ after she ‘banned people from taking pictures of her at Wimbledon’

The outspoken GMB host ranted: “If you go to Wimbledon in your free tickets in the Royal Box, the best seats in the house for nothing, and you take your two bezzies… you’re public people.

“If you want to be private, go back to America and live privately.”

...And when co-host Susanna Reid said she was sympathetic over the Royals requests for privacy, Piers exploded: “In the Royal Box at Wimbledon. With the world’s cameras beamed on their heads.

“It’s not a private place. If you want to be private don’t go to the Royal Box at Wimbledon.

*Four rows were kept empty surrounding the former actress, who was surrounded by protection officers, while VIPs were reportedly left to queue outside.*

NINTCHDBPICT000503028131.jpg
At one point, a fan appeared to be taking a photo of the duchess – but photos show he is posing for a selfie in front of the court. A protection officer was later seen speaking to the tennis fan.
..And she said the heavy-handed security was “childish”, adding that it “takes us for fools”.

Meghan’s outfit for the day out also drew some criticism as she donned jeans with a white jacket and hat...
Her seats, in the exclusive members’ section, normally has a dress code banning denim...

HAPPY FOR FREEBIES’
Piers’ rant over Meghan’s Wimbledon appearance left GMB viewers divided this morning, with many saying they agreed with him...

One wrote on social media: “She’s happy to get the freebies for the likes of the Tennis for her and her buddies. I noticed she wore her hat the other day after being told she couldn’t last year in the royal box!!”

...Another added: “I thought she was on maternity leave? Or it that when it suits her?”

:p
Whilst obviously Piers Morgan is an obnoxious p***k & I've no doubt his attitude shone-out when watching 'live'

But this has all been confirmed as coming directly from the media consultant for The Telegraph ...

I'm afraid I gotta agree with him if this is in fact the case.

I didn't want to bring up the :eek: 'jeans?? or hat' earlier (well ... just coz ;) )

But Seriously...
Is anybody 'advising' Meg? I mean ANYBODY at all?
I would recommend hiring a well respected one immediately!

I really hope she's realised any stubbornness trying to portray the 'independent/feminine equality-esque' type of woman this way is so not gonna end well & that's not the case here?

Also she IS aware relying on any 'advising' from Harry's NOT a good idea either! (clearly for a number of reasons)
...that is all.

Piers Morgan says Meghan Markle should 'go back to US' after Wimbledon pic ban

The man pictured was not taking a picture of the Duchess he was taking a selfie of himself with the court behind him. He did not deserve the telling off he got but I can understand why the royal protection officers thought he was.

Does the Duchess really need such a big exclusion zone around her at Wimbledon? What a waste of seats others could enjoy. Anyone would think she was Her Majesty the way things are I don’t remember even Princess Diana being like this. The Duchess of Sussex is a minor royal and interest in her is mostly about what she is wearing.

The man pictured was not taking a picture of the Duchess he was taking a selfie of himself with the court behind him. He did not deserve the telling off he got but I can understand why the royal protection officers thought he was.

Does the Duchess really need such a big exclusion zone around her at Wimbledon? What a waste of seats others could enjoy. Anyone would think she was Her Majesty the way things are I don’t remember even Princess Diana being like this. The Duchess of Sussex is a minor royal and interest in her is mostly about what she is wearing.

I don’t understand why everyone is assuming that Meghan ordered the exclusion zone and banned the photos. I would think that security has rules just like the secret service does here. I don’t like what she wore, but that’s all I’m going to blame her for. :D That being said, even though she wore jeans, I liked it better than the skirt and striped umpire blouse she wore last year!

Exactly that's just it isn't it... Royal spectators are EXPECTED at Wimbledon. That kinda why the have a 'Royal Box' & all the experienced security that goes with it.
To have VIPs being left outside the court queuing is shocking :confused:

There's also an area reserved for family & guests of Serena if she was that desperate to watch her...

( :p like as if that'd ever really be necessary)

Exactly that's just it isn't it... Royal spectators are EXPECTED at Wimbledon. That kinda why the have a 'Royal Box' & all the experienced security that goes with it.
To have VIPs being left outside the court queuing is shocking :confused:

There's also an area reserved for family & guests of Serena if she was that desperate to watch her...

( :p like as if that'd ever really be necessary)

Kate was at Wimbledon, as well, yet there was no bruhaha about her appearance nor did she cause a media stir.

Kate was at Wimbledon, as well, yet there was no bruhaha about her appearance nor did she cause a media stir.

I read Kate sat in booth 14, a public section. She chatted with peeps and had a great time.

Kate looked comfortable. I realized something about her, she wears conservative but body freeing fashion. Flowing dresses. Coat dresses. A Line. Moves with her. I’m thinking of this because Kate is elegant like a dancer (swan lake). She just carries herself beautifully.

It’s all very Shakespeare’s drama over there in Merry ‘Ol :D

I read Kate sat in booth 14, a public section. She chatted with peeps and had a great time.

Kate looked comfortable. I realized something about her, she wears conservative but body freeing fashion. Flowing dresses. Coat dresses. A Line. Moves with her. I’m thinking of this because Kate is elegant like a dancer (swan lake). She just carries herself beautifully.

It’s all very Shakespeare’s drama over there in Merry ‘Ol :D

It is amazing how a future Queen, wife of the heir to the throne and Mother of a future heir to the throne can go to Wimbledon and other places without causing a palaver yet the Duchess of Sussex can’t. I wonder what Her Majesty The Queen makes of it all and if she and Prince Charles are worried about speaking up in case Harry throws a tantrum. The Duchess of Sussex needs to tone down the celebrity a bit in my opinion.

I'm very confused about the seating in that Royal box and why that entire section is empty except for MM, two friends, and at least 4 security people. Was it really intentionally cleared out for MM& friends?

Someone was trying to convince me that she had actually purchased all those seats so that no one else would sit next to them.

Why is the Royal box that Kate is in completely full?

Great observation. I think Kate has a new stylist who is really giving her a great deal of polish and subtle elegance. I notice that very rarely does she wear a really big name designer outfit and only for important functions.

MM seems to very very label-conscious. It's off-putting, and makes her more of the Hollywood socialite type. MOOO. I honestly think she should not be dressing to outdo the future queen. I think that's presumptive of her.

The Queen at Wimbledon: Her Majesty and Royal Family at the tournament throughout history
The British Royal Family have long been a part of Wimbledon, making many appearances at the prestigious sporting event over the years.

royals-wimbledon-6-28-19003.jpg

:)The Duke of York (later King George VI) competing in the All-England tennis championships at Wimbledon 1926

queen-at-wimbledon-2010-royal-box-a.jpg

The Queen at Wimbledon 2010

royals-wimbledon-6-28-19055.jpg
;)Princess Diana at Wimbledon with Prince Albert of Monaco

will-kate-wimbledon-2011.jpg
Kate Middleton and Prince William at Wimbledon in 2011

royals-wimbledon-6-28-19034.jpg
Princess Margaret watches a game of tennis in 1965 :D

I don’t understand why everyone is assuming that Meghan ordered the exclusion zone and banned the photos. I would think that security has rules just like the secret service does here.
This NEVER happens with other Royals or Celebrities. The security around the whole club during the tournament is extremely high level.

Buckingham Palace had also sent out an operational note earlier that morning, confirming the Duchess’s attendance.

No such demands are believed to have been made when the Duchess of Cambridge visited Wimbledon earlier in the week, taking a seat in the stands

*Directly from Sally Jones - The Telegraph Media Consultant*

...But while the television cameras inevitably zoomed in on the royal visitor and a sea of mobile phones were held aloft, those closest to her were ordered not to take photographs because she was there “in a private capacity.”

Sally Jones, 64, a media consultant who was seated in the same row, had been taking pictures of Williams and had not even noticed the Duchess when she received a tap on the shoulder. She turned around to see a royal protection officer who said: “Would you not take photographs of the Duchess. She’s here in a private capacity.”
...Ms Jones was astonished, not least because she had not even seen the Duchess...

She described the move as “another example of silly control freakery,” a criticism that has plagued the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in recent months.

“I think this royal protection officer was quite embarrassed,” she added. “He appeared a bit mystified as to why he was being asked to make such a request.

“Apart from anything else, there were hundreds of people clicking away. I said to him; have you thought about having a word with any of those television cameras? He looked a little uncomfortable.”

There's always numerous Royal spectators & some VERY big names celebs attending.
'Spot the stars' is synonymous with even the big name commentators (McEnroe, Becker & Martina immediately come to mind :D ) during live 'quality' T.V. coverage here.

;) Jeans & hat's are a BIG no-no, the dress code is famously strict.

Wimbledon style guide: how to dress for the British summer
Though the rules for spectators have been relaxed,
... the Royal Box has thankfully seen fit to remember what’s important, being properly dressed, though
*hats are no longer permitted.* Lewis Hamilton :eek: was given short shrift for not meeting the strict codes that govern who may enter there

:D
* they obstruct the other spectators view
* https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...le-guide-how-to-dress-for-the-british-summer/

I'm very confused about the seating in that Royal box and why that entire section is empty except for MM, two friends, and at least 4 security people. Was it really intentionally cleared out for MM& friends?

Someone was trying to convince me that she had actually purchased all those seats so that no one else would sit next to them.

Why is the Royal box that Kate is in completely full?
Piers got the "Royal Box" part wrong :confused:
The Royal Box is on Centre Court.
This was on Court 1 so no R.B. - but this was in the VIP Members Seating area.

Yes the entire section was cleared leaving the VIPs (with tickets) queuing outside the court ;)

Meghan has received death threats. Does Kate? I don’t know.

People complain about her wearing fancy labels but when she dresses like a normal person, they get all over her as well.

Kate is only 30 some years old. Her clothes are nice for a sixty year old person.

I find them incredibly matronly. She is really young. Maybe she is trying to show that she is old and mature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot