The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 193848 View attachment 193849 View attachment 193850 View attachment 193851 View attachment 193852 View attachment 193853 View attachment 193854 View attachment 193855

What Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton and other Royals will look like when they're old

What Meghan, Kate and other Royals will look like when they're old

Sorry for all the posts I had to post this as the Prince George one is hilarious. Princess Beatrice and Zara Philips don’t look that different.

That’s neat. I don’t want to mess with that app after watching the news tonight about its storage of the photos, but my husband and I thought it would be fun to use young photos of ourselves and see how accurate it is. It seems that it is mainly adding crows feet and other lines plus skin changes like Kate’s neck and gray hair.

When my husband was in college back in the early ‘60’s, an art student friend sketched him looking old. He said he remembers it being quite accurate, now that he is. I can’t vouch for his memory though. :p

I know as I have aged, one of my eyes is smaller than the other one. I hate it. I can deal with wrinkles and looking like a serial killer in pictures, but I hate that my eyes are not the same size!!
BBM

I don’t know if this is what is causing your eye to look smaller, but I worked for an optometrist years ago and ptosis (drooping eyelid) is somewhat common in older patients and makes the eye look smaller (not sure how old you are.) :)
  • Aponeurotic ptosis (senile or age-related ptosis) — Aging is the most common cause of ptosis that is not present at birth. In senile ptosis, the long-term effects of gravity and aging cause stretching of a wide, tendon-like tissue that helps the levator muscle lift the eyelid. Although both eyes usually are affected, drooping may be worse in one eye.

If age-related ptosis blocks your vision or seriously affects your appearance, a plastic surgeon usually can correct the problem by surgically raising your eyelid. In most adult patients, this is an outpatient procedure that is done under local anesthesia. Local anesthesia is preferred over general anesthesia because it allows the surgeon to adjust the position of your eyelids while your eyes are open.

Drooping Eyelid (Ptosis) - Harvard Health

View attachment 193848 View attachment 193849 View attachment 193850 View attachment 193851 View attachment 193852 View attachment 193853 View attachment 193854 View attachment 193855

What Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton and other Royals will look like when they're old

What Meghan, Kate and other Royals will look like when they're old

Sorry for all the posts I had to post this as the Prince George one is hilarious. Princess Beatrice and Zara Philips don’t look that different.

Hope whoever used this app doesn't have any nudies on his or her phone, because now they are in the hands of the app maker.:eek::eek::eek:

zara-tindall-wears-short-ascot-dress-z.jpg

Did Zara Tindall bend the rules with her Ascot mini dress?

"Some fashionistas noticed that Zara's dress fell above the knee ... But did Zara, 38, really throw the Ascot fashion rule book out of the window? It appears she didn't, as the dress code regulation states that women in the royal enclosure must wear skirts and dresses of a "modest length", which Ascot defines as falling just above the knee or longer. Looks like Zara can enjoy the races in peace!"

Seems like some of these royal women can't catch a break even when they look great :(

Is Zara wearing a maternity dress? #3

Prince William and Kate Middleton celebrate Duchess of Cornwall's 72nd birthday with gorgeous photo

Kensington Palace has posted a beautiful photo on behalf of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to celebrate the Duchess of Cornwall's 72nd birthday on Wednesday. The throwback picture was taken last month and showed Camilla in Normandy as she attended the Royal British Legion Service of Remembrance. Prince Charles' wife had opted for a French designer, looking radiant in a buttery cream coat dress by Christian Dior. She added a large hat by Philip Treacy...

That is a gorgeous picture.

I wonder what the story is on that beautiful pearl necklace she wears

:cool: Just adding this...
Neuschwanstein Castle Drone

Thank You so much for posting this! The Fairytale Castle was my dear Momma's favorite castle in all the world - she and my father traveled to Germany twice after they retired and my dear Momma couldn't stop talking about the castle. She bought a framed poster of the castle that she hung on the wall.

Every time I see that castle, I think of my dear Momma.

Thank You KE for bringing back good memories!

ddab69d4-f1b0-496d-bcdf-bde72a08cd2f-jpeg.193854

d9850a41-4be0-41da-a41f-df4251f88441-jpeg.193853

giphy.gif
Did they forget to do it on William? ;)
:p George looks just like The Queen

That is a gorgeous picture.

I wonder what the story is on that beautiful pearl necklace she wears
;) She has a few.
I think it's the 1st below she's pictured wearing? The other is very similar thou.
Seems there's not much history with most of them, there is a bit about them here.

THE DUCHESS OF CORNWALL'S PEARL NECKLACE COLLECTION

The Duchess of Cornwall's extensive jewelry collection. Here's a look at some of the examples we've seen her wear both before and since becoming a member of the royal family.

Small Diamond Clasp
_sm4rowdia1.jpg

Four-Stranded Necklace with Round Diamond Clasp
2018-0614-camilla05.png
Large Diamond Clasp
_lg4rowdia1.jpg

Four-Stranded Necklace with Diamond Cross Clasp
2018-0614-camilla08.png
The Duchess of Cornwall's Pearl Necklace Collection | The Court Jeweller
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Four Strand Pearl Chokers with Diamond Clasps

Looks almost inevitable that Prince Andrew will become a fixture in the Epstein investigation and trial. Here is NYP article from today with many of the details.
https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/princ...uld-become-the-most-sordid-royal-scandal-yet/

Quotes from article:
"In a summer of scandal for the British royal family — William and Harry’s reported falling out, Meghan Markle’s diva antics at Wimbledon — one truly sordid royal has not been making headlines".

"Prince Andrew, the Duke of York".

"The Queen’s favorite son has always been useless at best, a liability at worst — boorish, piggish, entitled, greedy and often quite stupid, consorting with oligarchs and strongmen for personal profit".

"But Andrew’s most dangerous entanglement — his rancid loyalty to convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, which has reportedly spanned decades — has never really been challenged by the Queen, the prime minister or the British press, constrained as they are by some of the world’s most stringent libel laws".

...Her Majesty's favourite places in the world, her residence Balmoral Castle.

Located in Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire, the estate is set amid mountains, lochs and glens, and is an idyllic spot for the royals to enjoy their holidays. Her Majesty starts the break in the seven-bedroom Craigowan Lodge on the estate while the castle is still open to the public, before moving into the main house in August.

Balmoral looks lovely it is a pity it is so far from me. I love her Majesty’s small electric heater at the fireplace.
:cool: BALMORAL CASTLE,
NEAR BALLATER

Balmoral Castle and its great gardens have been the Scottish home of the Royal Family since it was purchased for Queen Victoria by Prince Albert in 1852, having been first leased in 1848.

The gardens which were started under the supervision of Prince Albert, have been expanded and improved by successive members of the Royal Family.
balmoral_d6c8094ac6d14a647c893478ff191c2c.jpg

article-2214313-15650C5C000005DC-491_964x721.jpg
Balmoral Castle, Royal Deeside
Balmoral Castle, Ballater, a Royal Garden - Great British Gardens

The photos showing what the royals might look like when they age show a very handsome Prince Harry, IMO.

The picture of Kate is terrible! Her mother is aging beautifully as I would think Kate will. Should Kate begin to age as pictured, I think we will never see it as she will seek a plastic surgeons help. Minor help perhaps, but even at 93, the Queen looks better than the picture ages Kate. IMO.

Oh little George! Do you laugh or cry? He is such a darling and to see the aged look on his little boy head.:( I remember looking at my baby boys, rubbing their soft faces and thinking how could one day they be rough with beards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks