Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE GIFTS

The Queen's official gifts to Mr Trump were **a first edition of The Second World War by Winston S Churchill from 1959. The crimson book features gold tooled decoration on the cover, spine and inner cover, an EIIR cypher in gold on the front, silk endpapers and hand-sewn headbands in colours of the US flag with all pages edged in gilt.**
:eek: What I wouldn't give to get my hands on that!

President Donald Trump has praised "seven decades of treasured friendship" between the UK and US as he joined a state banquet at Buckingham Palace. The Queen said they were celebrating an alliance which had ensured the "safety and prosperity of both our peoples for decades".

Trump praises 'common values' at state banquet

I don't know about everyone else, but for me personally this website has done more for Anglo-American relations than any head of state could.

Awwww.... love you guys!!

upload_2019-6-3_21-58-30.png

I'm not sure they ever really properly "unconciled"
;)
Fans urge Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew to marry again after seeing this photo
The York family are so close!
sarah-ferguson-prince-andrew-marry-hopes-t.jpg

"On Saturday, royal fans were delighted when Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew made another public appearance together with their two daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie."

Fans urge Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew to marry again after seeing this photo

;)
The York family are so close!

"On Saturday, royal fans were delighted when Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew made another public appearance together with their two daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie."

Pretty sure she's wearing my dead grans curtains!!
They seem a tight-knit family, the Yorks. It'd be great if they remarried and I would not be surprised if they do in a few years, once the Queen and Philip have passed away.

President Donald Trump has praised "seven decades of treasured friendship" between the UK and US as he joined a state banquet at Buckingham Palace. The Queen said they were celebrating an alliance which had ensured the "safety and prosperity of both our peoples for decades".

Trump praises 'common values' at state banquet

I don't know about everyone else, but for me personally this website has done more for Anglo-American relations than any head of state could.

Awwww.... love you guys!!

View attachment 187554

Seven decades? What a weird thing to say

All the best photos from President Donald Trump's banquet dinner with the Queen and royal family

"On Monday evening, President Donald Trump and his wife Melania ended the first day of their UK visit with a state banquet at Buckingham Palace...

queen-and-donald-trump-cheers-a.jpg

Mr Trump also praised the courage of the British people during the Second World War and called the Queen a "great, great woman.
;) The couple were joined by four of Donald's five children, Ivanka, Tiffany, Donald Trump Jr and Eric, along with several members of the royal family"

:)Kate's looking as Regal as ever!
kate-middleton-sash-a.jpg

The Duchess of Cambridge was accompanied by United States Secretary of the Treasury, Steven Mnuchin.

All the best photos from President Donald Trump's banquet dinner with the Queen and royal family

Pretty sure she's wearing my dead grans curtains!!
They seem a tight-knit family, the Yorks. It'd be great if they remarried and I would not be surprised if they do in a few years, once the Queen and Philip have passed away.
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3Ny83MzUvb3JpZ2luYWwvbGF1Z2hpbmctZW1vamkuanBlZw==

It must run in the family (her side)

ETA - Quotes
View attachment 186683
Sorry but her dress looks awful what a waste of £1,400.
Yes, they always look as if they've stolen the kitchen curtains from 1970s, don't they? lol

Last edited:
Tiaras:

HRH Elizabeth is wearing the Burmese Ruby Tiara:

upload_2019-6-3_17-0-44.jpeg

HRH Catherine, the Cambridge Lover's Knot:

upload_2019-6-3_17-1-43.jpeg

Which one is Camilla, I'll grant her Duchess of Cornwall, wearing?

The Greville? Looks smaller than the Delhi-Durbar....

ETA: a title for Camilla

Interesting math.

And he says seven decades between US and UK. Before seven decades we were enemies? I am confused.
Just breath, it's simple really. US & UK joined nato in 1949. 2019 minus 1949=70 years. 10 years=1 decade. Not being facetious, just love a riddle me every now & again.
IMO it's just how President Trump speaks but it's basic KWIM?
Oh yeah and it's 75th anniversary of D Day-my bad!

Last edited:
Yes, preserving the 70 year alliance since ww2 is the message.

That is wholly separate from the ancestral ties of Britain and her American Revolution cousins.

Through all the pomp and circumstance, the bond is so cultural for so many in America.

History is deep. Her Majesty lived through WWII.

She has history on her side.

I am in awe of the steadfast anchor of England.

And Queen Elizabeth navigates history with amazing grace.

I’m sure she’s had more fun with some of our previous presidents, for sure, but I say hats off to England, and the royal family for keeping it real...

Haha - this happens to me a lot, husband doesn't have a clue when it comes to gift-buying! :D

US President Donald Trump was left scratching his head when asked if he recognised a statue of a horse at Buckingham Palace - not realising it was his gift to the Queen.

Britain's head of state took the president and First Lady Melania Trump around an exhibition of American artefacts, items reflecting Mr Trump's Scottish heritage and love of golf, and documents and photos relating to royal visits to the US.

But when they came across a thoroughbred in polished pewter, the US leader did not know the artwork was his gift to the Queen when they met in July last year - yet Mrs Trump did.

Donald Trump's state visit to the UK - LIVE

I’m glad I don’t have to buy official gifts for Her Majesty I don’t think you can’t just get an Amazon gift card. It is must be a nightmare.

** Tiaras **

HRH Elizabeth is wearing the Burmese Ruby Tiara:

View attachment 187555

HRH Catherine, the Cambridge Lover's Knot:

View attachment 187556

Which one is Camilla, I'll grant her Duchess of Cornwall, wearing?

The Greville? Looks smaller than the Delhi-Durbar....

ETA: a title for Camilla
;) Awww....Just for You
5470526_larger.png

You are correct the Camilla Dutchess of Cornwall is wearing: THE GREVILLE TIARA

or originally known as:
'Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara'
but the royal family simply calls it "the Greville Tiara."

2017-1116-greville09.png

The Queen Mother wears the Greville Tiara
Queen Alexandra's Wedding in November 1964
"When the Duchess of Cornwall married the Prince of Wales in 2005, the Queen loaned her the Greville on a long-term basis. It's now become her signature tiara"

Princess Michael was also there Tiara'd-up.
princess-michael-of-kent-state-banquet-a.jpg

"Princess Michael of Kent was also in attendance at the banquet, wearing the diamond and pearl Kent Pearl Festoon tiara."
President Donald Trump joins royals including the Queen, Kate Middleton at state banquet – best photos | HELLO!
Bejeweled Close-Ups: The Greville Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Just stop calling our friends names and all will be great! lol
Like I ask my 9 year old who has been diagnosed ADD, every morning before school I ask her “is your brain filter packed in your book bag?” Haha
I absolutely love that she speaks whatever is on her mind but I’m trying to teach her a time and place. there’s always a time and place. And a time to just keep things to yourself. some in life were never taught this in their early life I believe and I’ll just leave it at that. It’s very unfortunate but it is what it is.
Queen Elizabeth is absolutely grace personified. She was taught very well. A great human being too. Great combo.

@human
I have followed you for a long while
You are a great heart and I admire you greatly. So much so
I know how hard it is! Believe me! What Trump says, are just words. Honestly. They are.
That saying. Sticks and stones; names will never hurt me. Blah blah.
If we dont give them weight, they are just hot air out of his mouth.

I hope this ok to post. (Cowers quick in the corner)

I think it’s “known” that most presidents don’t write their own speeches and someone else wrote those words. It would signify D-Day me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bumped41075