The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry certainly has matured. Telling the truth is never popular.

He seems to have overcome the issues of his past including the incredible difficulty or being born a Royal.

Those that are leaders usually face great criticism.

Think of the people honored today. Most were hardly popular. Some were often put to death

Honestly, I don’t think either Harry or Meghan are game changers.

Their intentions are good. And that counts for a lot.

Modern game changers to me are the Dali Llama, Mother Theresa, Bishop Desmond TuTu, MLK, The Pope, Elie Wiesel, the “women of Iran”, the Iroquois tribe, Garry Kasparov, to name a few.

And of course the Queen of England. Where would our alliance be without her?

We’re having a hard time in the USA of late, and I know I look to the stability of the BRF and hope she can survive, too.

While I support and love the princes Will and Harry, I think they have a ways to go.

They are young.

They want to do the right thing. And Harry has his mental health initiative which is obviously a huge game changer.

And the fact that he married Meghan who has a black mother is a huge game changer.

It was not that long ago that having a relationship with a person who is black was illegal in the US.

Harry, coming from all of that privilege is fabulous. Look at what other rich people his age are doing.

And Meghan continues with her history, starting at age 11, to do good works.

The Queen did her bit during WW2. Not sure what she has done since then

its hard to know...

Prince Harry has had some interesting interviews.

I’m not sure Meghan’s story resonates in the UK —or globally...

The Queen did a lot more than her bit, during and after WW2.- imo

Prince Harry and Markle might want to make sure they practice what they preach.

For example, I am annoyed to be lectured by a movie star about saving the earth by not taking planes, but then they are caught flying back from the conference on a large plane while guzzling champagne and eating beef carpaccio ( beef production being a huge consumer of water, pesticides, hormones, and land)

Actress Emma Thompson spotted on carbon-spewing BA plane jetting to New York | Daily Mail Online

I hope The Duke and Duchess of Sussex really do make a difference and they inspire others to make a difference in our world. My philosophy in life is that each one of us is only here for a short time and we should try leave our planet a better place than when we arrived.

They want to do the right thing. And Harry has his mental health initiative which is obviously a huge game changer.

And the fact that he married Meghan who has a black mother is a huge game changer.

It was not that long ago that having a relationship with a person who is black was illegal in the US.

Harry, coming from all of that privilege is fabulous. Look at what other rich people his age are doing.

And Meghan continues with her history, starting at age 11, to do good works.

The Queen did her bit during WW2. Not sure what she has done since then
upload_2019-7-30_19-19-6.png

The Queen done a lot since then, here's a list.
The role of the Monarchy

Keep at it Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor aka QE2,
We're not ready for you to go just yet. And we're not ready to take your picture off of all our money, the government print press, and the walls of every of government building in Canada.

But before you do go, please tell how how you've managed to live so long, so joyfully, so energetically, and remain as sharp as you have. Is the fountain of youth somewhere on the yards of Samringham House ?

View attachment 195911

The Queen done a lot since then, here's a list.
The role of the Monarchy

Keep at it Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor aka QE2,
We're not ready for you to go just yet. And we're not ready to take your picture off of all our money, the government print press, and the walls of every of government building in Canada.

But before you do go, please tell how how you've managed to live so long, so joyfully, so energetically, and remain as sharp as you have. Is the fountain of youth somewhere on the yards of Samringham House ?

She does a lot of things but I do not see anything on that list that is making an impact.

QE2 is an anchor in a world that forgets history.

She is one of the most impactful influences in the world today... imo.

She shows how diplomacy is done.

We criticize - but how many know the context of post WW2?

My first awareness of QE2 on the contemporary world stage was through that fabulous Beatles line as a tween...

“Her Majesty’s a pretty nice girl but she doesn’t have a lot to say...”

In 1997, When QE2 came out and spoke of Princess Di, I fell in love with her.

Prince Charles has been raked over the coals for talking to flowers... he is my hero.

He is the quietest yet he is major huge voice that practices what he preaches on climate change.

Oh, we could really take a page from Prince Charles on the importance of grow local and love local.

Last month, Her Majesty showed the world how it’s done when riding the line of difficult world politics.

I don’t know what we will do without her.

I feel like she’s my Queen, and we don’t do that in the USA.

The closest to her, her son, will hopefully carry her spirit forward.

She doesn’t have a lot to say... and that is precisely the point.

QE2 is huge in my book.

I like Meghan. I feel she has good intentions. It’s not her fault the world’s gone mad...

My game changers were Gloria Steinem and Pam Grier.

9392D558-2B23-432D-804C-A8859809308C.jpeg 5803B691-87FE-4594-A3E9-59CEB201B296.jpeg

My choices at my age are not her choices at her age.

That’s ok.

I have a feeling she asked QE2 if she’d like to be included in Vogue, and Her Majesty politely declined.

Eta, and it’s not like Her Majesty isn’t up for these things - parachuting into the Olympics, and carrying on with Harry in the adorable mic drop Snapchat convo with the then President and First Lady of the USA.

Last edited:
All the Fabulous Details on Meghan Markle's Fashion Collection That Supports a Good Cause | Xfinity

Start saving your pennies!

Meghan Markle is adding a new fashion credit to her ever-growing resumé and style fanatics will want to make note of her latest endeavor. The Duchess of Sussex is launching a workwear capsule collection that will also benefit her royal patronage, Smart Works. The charity helps women who want to enter or return to the workforce, so her collection couldn't be more perfect...

All the Fabulous Details on Meghan Markle's Fashion Collection That Supports a Good Cause | Xfinity

Start saving your pennies!

Meghan Markle is adding a new fashion credit to her ever-growing resumé and style fanatics will want to make note of her latest endeavor. The Duchess of Sussex is launching a workwear capsule collection that will also benefit her royal patronage, Smart Works. The charity helps women who want to enter or return to the workforce, so her collection couldn't be more perfect...

I really hope the clothing will be well designed and make a big positive impact.

QE2 is an anchor in a world that forgets history.

She is one of the most impactful influences in the world today... imo.

She shows how diplomacy is done.

We criticize - but how many know the context of post WW2?

My first awareness of QE2 on the contemporary world stage was through that fabulous Beatles line as a tween...

“Her Majesty’s a pretty nice girl but she doesn’t have a lot to say...”

In 1997, When QE2 came out and spoke of Princess Di, I fell in love with her.

Prince Charles has been raked over the coals for talking to flowers... he is my hero.

He is the quietest yet he is major huge voice that practices what he preaches on climate change.

Oh, we could really take a page from Prince Charles on the importance of grow local and love local.

Last month, Her Majesty showed the world how it’s done when riding the line of difficult world politics.

I don’t know what we will do without her.

I feel like she’s my Queen, and we don’t do that in the USA.

The closest to her, her son, will hopefully carry her spirit forward.

She doesn’t have a lot to say... and that is precisely the point.

QE2 is huge in my book.

You nailed it!! Thank you for recognizing that she is actually doing her job.

When she eventually does pass on there will be a lot of debate, fights, and discussions about the relevancy of the monarchy, but the list of attributes that you mentioned show exactly why QE2 has been THEE MOST INFLUENTIAL WOMAN in the world. There are many people who won't realize this until she is gone.

Long live the Queen, turned out to be more than just an expression. Thank goodness.

You nailed it!! Thank you for recognizing that she is actually doing her job.

When she eventually does pass on there will be a lot of debate, fights, and discussions about the relevancy of the monarchy, but the list of attributes that you mentioned show exactly why QE2 has been THEE MOST INFLUENTIAL WOMAN in the world. There are many people who won't realize this until she is gone.

Long live the Queen, turned out to be more than just an expression. Thank goodness.

Hm. Remember the Lady Di fiasco and the covering up of Prince Andrew’s escapades?

She is in the news now because of Harry and Meghan.

I do not recall much being said about her over the years,

It has been her children and grandchildren who have been the focus

Think QE2 is in the news because she’s an excellent grandmother, and her superb diplomacy skills.

Princess Di changed everyone.

QE2 is not responsible for her son’s marriages that didn’t work out. Imo.

Yes, both Andrew and Harry have had some distasteful escapades.

I highly doubt she knew the extent of the depravity of Epstein. Neither did we, here, in the USA. No judgement from me on those not indicted, yet... There’s a whole lotta people who circled in aspects of “his crowd” (powerful, really rich, connected) for I suspect a variety of reasons.

I’ve followed the Queen for the bigger events, like state visits, weddings, but not until this thread have I learned so much. It’s unleashed my inner tiara!

Harry and Meghan have made big news for themselves. —Big year for them. And they seem to be surviving the paparazzi and press gauntlet. It takes strength to do that. They deserve a chance to be young and happy. And to try their hands at new things.

-jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member