The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These two posts are interesting.

The Sussex birthday messages for HRH Charlotte & HRH George are very short messages sans titles, IIRC.

Both birthday wishes for Meghan address her by title, HRH Harry's a more formal version with informal closure.

The thank-you note to is lengthy.

I'd like to see some handwriting analysis on the note?

Just points to ponder....

JMHO YMMV

These two posts are interesting.

The Sussex birthday messages for HRH Charlotte & HRH George are very short messages sans titles, IIRC.

Both birthday wishes for Meghan address her by title, HRH Harry's a more formal version with informal closure.

The thank-you note to is lengthy.

I'd like to see some handwriting analysis on the note?

Just points to ponder....

JMHO YMMV
The note looks like professional caligraphy to me. Very forced and the excessive use of dramatic capitals is....bothersome and draws attention to herself, not the message nor the recipient

I was stunned how much she looked like her mom in that first after Archie photo op

Meghan looks wonderful with a little fullness in her face :) She looks so much like her mother.

I think someone just posted she is a marvel Yes that

View attachment 196732

Royal in red! The Queen looks stylish in a vibrant ensemble as she attends Sunday church service at Balmoral

The Queen looks stylish in a vibrant ensemble as she attends Sunday church service at Balmoral | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 196799 View attachment 196800

Keeping up with the Cambridges: Royal fans get the rare chance to become William and Kate's neighbours as cottage opposite the driveway to the couple's Anmer Hall is available to rent for £700-a-month

Cottage opposite William and Kate's Anmer Hall is available to rent for £700-a-month | Daily Mail Online

Is anybody moving now?

gregjrichards, can you, CoverMeCAgney, and Keine Engel meet at the agency & apply to set this up as a retreat center for our BRF thread poasters???

How far to the Holst Birthplace, Bletchley Park, the Harry Potter sights, the Triumph factory?

Starting to pack...wait need new passport first....

gregjrichards, can you, CoverMeCAgney, and Keine Engel meet at the agency & apply to set this up as a retreat center for our BRF thread poasters???

How far to the Holst Birthplace, Bletchley Park, the Harry Potter sights, the Triumph factory?

Starting to pack...wait need new passport first....
* packs off cat to neighbors*

Wait for me - I want to join the BRF Retreat Center

As a teen, the masive Sept issue of Vogue was inexplicably necessary to me. Maybe it was the reassurance that the heat of summer was over and we were back to plaids and wool and leather boots and stuff. God knows I would never have been able to buy anything in it, but it screamed FASHION to me and was much poured over for nuance.

It seems sacreligious to me to give Markle the reins at the most impactful edition of the year. It’s not the least bit interesting to me. And from the Daily Beast article, is even more cringeworthy than I would have thought.

At least the Sussex’s can be sidelined away from the Royal Family Business proper.

Let Harry deal with the Markle and her apparent massive need for recognition.

I, too, think that at some point Harry will wish he had married Chelsy Davy and be living in Africa with 3 sprightly children far away from the PR-driven Markle.

Last edited:
View attachment 196721

Prince Charles paid tribute to his Scottish hosts today as he attended church service in a kilt.

The royal, 71, beamed as he arrived at the church service in Caithness, at the most northerly parish in Scotland's mainland.

The Prince of Wales attended the service alongside cousin Lady Sarah Chatto, who is the daughter of Princess Margaret, and her son Samuel.

Prince Charles pays tribute to his Scottish hosts as he dons kilt | Daily Mail Online

"The royal, who is referred to as the Duke Rothesby when in Scotland,..."

Lady Chatto's son appears to be wearing the Duke of Rothesay tartan.
The daily mail is acting like it's a rear occurrence for Prince Charles to wear a kilt. He actually has quite the collection.

On different note...
This is funny! Kids of a certain age (height) are always touching your bum, they tap your bum to get your attention, they hug you around the bum, they bury their faces way too close to your bum if they are shy, and on and on.
Diana didn't even bat an eye :)
upload_2019-8-5_14-28-26.png

That is quite a brutal article. I don’t know if the degree of criticism and condemnation used was entirely necessary. I do not think this Vogue edit was a good idea PR wise. My consensus is that many people in the U.K don’t like being dictated to about how they should do things and the Duchess will receive backlash from people who feel this way.

The Duke and Duchess would be better choosing a few charities they feel passionate about and highlight these alone if they want to be a force for change. The majority of people aren’t buying British Vogue so I don’t see how it achieves the Duchess’s aim of motivating people to be a force for change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm