The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very impressed with Meghan. She is right. So many celebrities wade in the shallow pool of mindless things such as fashion, make up and parties.

It is refreshing to see a person of privilege doing meaningful things with her life.

The jealousy is screaming in criticism of her.

I am very impressed with Meghan. She is right. So many celebrities wade in the shallow pool of mindless things such as fashion, make up and parties.

It is refreshing to see a person of privilege doing meaningful things with her life.

The jealousy is screaming in criticism of her.

Lady Colin Campbell has warned Meghan she can't 'hustle her way to the top' as she did when she was an actress.

The royal biographer, 69, says she is 'rooting' for the Duchess, but has an 'awful feeling' about her future if she doesn't change her ways.

She told Good Morning Britain Meghan, 38, needs to differentiate between how to behave as a celebrity and a member of the royal family.

Lady Colin Campbell warns Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle she can't hustle her way to the top on GMB | Daily Mail Online

This is the kind of coverage the Duchess is getting on morning tv over here. It is out of order how the Duchess of Sussex is being attacked by the media. I don’t know if it is a class thing that she is being attacked for working as an actress which is not something she should be ashamed of.

892CFD0D-7B02-4110-8454-7012564FCF31.jpeg

Do you think this Royal Doulton figurine is realistic and worth $300 £276.33? It doesn’t even look like the Cambridge family in my opinion. It is a limited edition only 1000 in the world.

Lady Colin Campbell has warned Meghan she can't 'hustle her way to the top' as she did when she was an actress.

The royal biographer, 69, says she is 'rooting' for the Duchess, but has an 'awful feeling' about her future if she doesn't change her ways.

She told Good Morning Britain Meghan, 38, needs to differentiate between how to behave as a celebrity and a member of the royal family.

Lady Colin Campbell warns Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle she can't hustle her way to the top on GMB | Daily Mail Online

This is the kind of coverage the Duchess is getting on morning tv over here. It is out of order how the Duchess of Sussex is being attacked by the media. I don’t know if it is a class thing that she is being attacked for working as an actress which is not something she should be ashamed of.

What did they used to say about Kate and Diana?

After being in serious threads only the last few days, I feel very comforted coming back to this Royal thread. *sits in nicely*

Not entirely sure how I feel about that Royal Doulton figurine. Their stuff seems awfully hit and miss with the likeness. That one is... very unflattering.

What did they used to say about Kate and Diana?
Until Meghan came into the picture Kate was known as Waity Katy and ....what was it...something like duchess dolittle or Katy Dolittle....her clothes were constantly criticised as being to young, to old, to short, to long, wears heels or wedges to much....her make up is to heavy, her hair is to long. With Diana it was a bit different, it wasn't as brutal as say Fergie got. She was criticised for her clothing at first, her weight when she got real thin but I can't remember a whole lot else. Some criticised for working with Aides patients. Stuff like that

2370E0DF-FEF6-4D57-9055-52F9BDF91719.jpeg

The Queen has struck up an 'unusually close' friendship with Meghan Markle, a royal commentator has claimed.

The monarch, 93, is said to have made a 'particular effort' to make the Duchess of Sussex, 38, feel welcome, extending an invite to Prince Harry's wife on an array of royal engagements.

According to royal commentator Duncan Larcombe, it is an effort that 'wasn't afforded to Kate', as her entrance into the royal family was more gradual.

The move is said to be an effort to ensure Meghan doesn't feel like an outsider, as the late Princess Diana did when she joined the firm.

Queen has unusually close relationship with Meghan so she doesn't feel isolated like Diana | Daily Mail Online

It is great Her Majesty made this effort I am sure it must be appreciated. The Duke of Sussex must have a great deal of respect and admiration for his Grandmother as he has conveyed in speeches over the years.

B82F033F-D17A-4F8E-9089-71D7271B342C.jpeg

Prince Charles could be following in his mother's footsteps by teaming up with 007.

The royal, 71, is said to 'considering' the possibility of taking on a role in Bond 25, which is set for release in April 2020.

Prince Charles is believed to have discussed taking on a cameo while visiting the set at Pinewood Studios in June, when he was seen laughing and joking with the cast of the film, including James Bond actor Daniel Craig.

Prince Charles 'considering' a role in new James Bond film after discussing possibility at the set | Daily Mail Online

I think it’s going to be some trial and error for Meghan to find the balance between her two lives.

She had a life before Harry.

I don’t know if the Vogue thing was a good idea. I tend to agree, people don’t like being told “ how to be”. But it’s a direction that Vogue is choosing. I’m not sure the marriage of fashion and altruism, with some politics sprinkled on top is going to be accepted.

The whole change the world thing as a concept can be perceived as superficial. I mean they have Nobel Prizes to recognize the movers and changers.

For Meghan, a cover profile of her in another Vogue issue that didn’t compete with the big September fashion issue might have been a better choice.

The problem with fashion and celebrity is it’s flashy. It’s ostentatious.

I hope that doesn’t drown out Meghan’s intentions of doing some good in the world. And, for that reason, I think she needs a better PR team.

o_OEeeeeek no

View attachment 197079

Do you think this Royal Doulton figurine is realistic and worth $300 £276.33? It doesn’t even look like the Cambridge family in my opinion. It is a limited edition only 1000 in the world.

I’m ignoring most other non royal threads the past few days ,just too much lately
After being in serious threads only the last few days, I feel very comforted coming back to this Royal thread. *sits in nicely*

Not entirely sure how I feel about that Royal Doulton figurine. Their stuff seems awfully hit and miss with the likeness. That one is... very unflattering.

Meghan Markle snuck out of baby shower to avoid the 'optics' of being an attention-seeker | Daily Mail Online

The files, obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, reveal the Duchess of Sussex told her protective detail she wanted to change the 'optics' of her departure from five-star The Mark Hotel by leaving through a side entrance.

According to the report: 'The VIP [Meghan] explained that her intent was to change the literal optics of the departure, making it appear that she was at least attempting to sneak out of the hotel in photos rather than exiting through the main entrance and giving the potential impression that she was enjoying the media attention.'

Royal tapped to be Meghan’s mentor

Oh, good, I like the Countess of Wessex!!!

The Monarch is said to approve of this friendship and mentorship.

Ms Nicholl revealed a family friend said: “The Queen likes the idea of Sophie being an unofficial mentor to Meghan.

“Sophie is often at Windsor taking the kids riding on the Queen’s horses and playing at the castle.

“It’s a quiet lifestyle, very much the kind Harry and Meghan want for their little one.”

Was this the topic of the quiet chat at Balmoral???

Royal tapped to be Meghan’s mentor

Oh, good, I like the Countess of Wessex!!!

The Monarch is said to approve of this friendship and mentorship.

Ms Nicholl revealed a family friend said: “The Queen likes the idea of Sophie being an unofficial mentor to Meghan.

“Sophie is often at Windsor taking the kids riding on the Queen’s horses and playing at the castle.

“It’s a quiet lifestyle, very much the kind Harry and Meghan want for their little one.”

Was this the topic of the quiet chat at Balmoral???
Good strategic move.

Now it’s Markle’s turn to play nice. I also get the feeling that this is intended to pull her back away from the outspoken celebrity life she has put herself back into and pull her back behind the Windsor hedges.

Let’s see if she takes the hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members