DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
:eek:Noooo...
Don't mention the T.V. Licence!

That's definitely a major topic which causes outrage amongst many Brits :p
But what happens to the TV license with Brexit?

Will it be only BBC 24/7 on Nov 1?

I think Harry and Meghan have shown us who they really are in the last few months: Jet-setters. Two-faced. Holier than thou. More Hollywood glitter and glam to which MM aspired than true ambassadors for the BRF. Our dear Kensie said it best in her post #222: They are beginning to make me really sick.
AGREE 1000%

Harry jusr seems un- intellectual, celebrity-influenced, and superficial.

IMHOO, he’s lost a huge amount of the crdibility and goodwill that people were willing to extend to him

Markle seems in a huge rush to make a big empowerment authority of herself and get international recognition, while she has a tiny infant. I don’t mean she shiuldn’t work, but with all the support money and privilege can buy, I’d think she’s want her firstborn to be the center of her attention

I’m also quite sure she has greater showy ambition for the two of them....something along the Nobel Prize route

Last edited:
Fashion and royal fans were given a sneak peak of the Duchess of Sussex's new clothing line on Instagram this evening.

I'm really interested to see what the price point on the collection will be, for every item sold an equivalent will be donated to smartworks which is great but it will mean prices will be higher. Also given the environmental stuff it will be expected to be sustainable and not use sweatshop labour.

I'm also interested to see how daring they go in terms of style, its workwear so you should really play it safe but you can get a plain black work dress in any shop maybe at a better price point because of the donation. But then if the design is more interesting it dates, you see it everywhere etc.

Its bound to sell out in no time, I mean Holly Willoughby's M&S stuff sold out very quickly and she has nowhere near the international fame of MM. I predict large swathes of it will be sold on ebay by canny resellers.

I'm really interested to see what the price point on the collection will be, for every item sold an equivalent will be donated to smartworks which is great but it will mean prices will be higher. Also given the environmental stuff it will be expected to be sustainable and not use sweatshop labour.

I'm also interested to see how daring they go in terms of style, its workwear so you should really play it safe but you can get a plain black work dress in any shop maybe at a better price point because of the donation. But then if the design is more interesting it dates, you see it everywhere etc.

Its bound to sell out in no time, I mean Holly Willoughby's M&S stuff sold out very quickly and she has nowhere near the international fame of MM. I predict large swathes of it will be sold on ebay by canny resellers.

meh, they could take a tiny portion of their vast fortune and just outright buy and donate 100,000 sets of "work clothes" for those in need. If there even are that many people needing interview/work clothes. Which there probably aren't.

View attachment 199542

Fashion and royal fans were given a sneak peak of the Duchess of Sussex's new clothing line on Instagram this evening.

Meghan Markle posted a behind the scenes look at a shoot promoting the new collection on the Instagram page she jointly runs with Prince Harry .

Meghan Markle and Harry share behind scenes preview of Duchess' clothing range

I’m really glad everything is back to normal here now.
That video reminds me that 10 years ago she was one of Deal or No Deal girls with the little cases. Her acting today was exactly like her “acting”on that show.

And she should have worn something more tidy and presentable. Dianna would never have looked that sloppy. Kate does casual very well, but even then is smartly dressed.

It’s not like Markle just ran over to the studio after washing the kitchen floors.

Ugh. I’m embarrassed for the royal family.

Did Princess Diana predict her own death months before the fatal Paris crash?

Did Princess Diana predict her own death months before the fatal Paris crash? | Daily Mail Online

A new low for the Daily Mail. Hiring butler Paul Burrell is once of the worst things the royal family have done he is a disgrace.

I wish the media would let the late Lady Princess Diana Rest In Peace and not print articles like this which I’m sure upset her loved ones. It is ok to remember her but it is not ok to print offensive stories like this one.

It's time for some Sparkle! :)

With the current 'Scottish' theme this would be a perfect time for what is possibly one of the most exquisite treasures within the entire Royal collection(s)...
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!
:D This is absolutely one of my favourites!
THE FIFE TIARA

The spectacular Fife Tiara, made for Queen Victoria's granddaughter Princess Louise represents the very zenith of tiara design

2017-1222-fife01.png

Produced by the famous Parisian jeweller Oscar Massin, the diamond tiara is a spectacular example of design and craftsmanship. The impressive pear-cut diamonds are swing-set appearing to float above the head and would have sent out a shower of light as they gently swayed with every step the Princess took down the aisle...
The Graphic, published a special edition in August 1889 to celebrate the Fife wedding, describes the tiara as follows:
"in a very uncommon and beautiful design, composed of hundreds of stones, ranging in weight from one carat to ten, the larger being what are technically known as briolettes -- that is cut on both sides and turning on pivots so that they will flash with every movement of the head."
c2cb229e074672cb6918cd6b04727c3a.jpg
This one in movement would be absolutely spectacular. Mounted in gold and set in silver, the largest diamonds freely articulate inside their diamond arches. That means that they would tremble with the tiniest movement of the wearer's head, capturing and reflecting the light constantly.
fife007.gif
The Fife Tiara passed to Princess Louise’s eldest daughter, Princess Alexandra, and she, as Duchess of Fife in her own right, wore it to the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in 1937. Alexandra was predeceased by her own son, so the title – and the tiara – passed down to her nephew, James Carnegie, the 3rd Duke.

The tiara stayed within the family, though there’s really just about one public example of it in use in recent decades.:(
It was long feared to have all but disappeared to never be see intact again..
Until..

The Fife tiara was accepted by HM Government from the Estate of the 3rd Duke of Fife in lieu of Inheritance Tax.
..the Arts Council England published its report on a pair of government programs designed to allow important works of art to transfer into public ownership,

..A panel of experts recommended that the tiara be accepted by the government in lieu of tax. For taxation purposes, the tiara was valued at 1.4 million pounds. The piece includes nearly 200 total carats of diamonds.
An arrangement between HM Government and the estate of the 3rd Duke of Fife has allowed the public to enjoy some of the most significant and beautiful jewels belonging to Queen Victoria and her descendants on permanent display at Kensington Palace.

The Fife Tiara | The Court Jeweller
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: A Fife Tiara Update
Victoria Revealed: stunning emerald jewels and the Fife tiara join Kensington Palace exhibition

Just checking in to see if any new pics of Master Archie.

Television tax? Oh gosh, no. I wouldn't be seeing tv anymore. I won't even pay for cable television or satellite television. It's robbery!
:mad: That's basically the reason for the controversy as it's simply if your home has any devices that are able to access live broadcasting (if you use it or not!) then you pay it or go to prision.
They are relentless sending out letters threatening court action to every household not in possession of a licence!

Note: 'Basically' ;)

It's time for some Sparkle! :)

With the current 'Scottish' theme this would be a perfect time for what is possibly one of the most exquisite treasures within the entire Royal collection(s)...
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!
:D This is absolutely one of my favourites!
THE FIFE TIARA

The spectacular Fife Tiara, made for Queen Victoria's granddaughter Princess Louise represents the very zenith of tiara design

2017-1222-fife01.png

Produced by the famous Parisian jeweller Oscar Massin, the diamond tiara is a spectacular example of design and craftsmanship. The impressive pear-cut diamonds are swing-set appearing to float above the head and would have sent out a shower of light as they gently swayed with every step the Princess took down the aisle...
The Graphic, published a special edition in August 1889 to celebrate the Fife wedding, describes the tiara as follows:

c2cb229e074672cb6918cd6b04727c3a.jpg
This one in movement would be absolutely spectacular. Mounted in gold and set in silver, the largest diamonds freely articulate inside their diamond arches. That means that they would tremble with the tiniest movement of the wearer's head, capturing and reflecting the light constantly.
fife007.gif
The Fife Tiara passed to Princess Louise’s eldest daughter, Princess Alexandra, and she, as Duchess of Fife in her own right, wore it to the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in 1937. Alexandra was predeceased by her own son, so the title – and the tiara – passed down to her nephew, James Carnegie, the 3rd Duke.

The tiara stayed within the family, though there’s really just about one public example of it in use in recent decades.:(
It was long feared to have all but disappeared to never be see intact again..
Until..

The Fife tiara was accepted by HM Government from the Estate of the 3rd Duke of Fife in lieu of Inheritance Tax.

An arrangement between HM Government and the estate of the 3rd Duke of Fife has allowed the public to enjoy some of the most significant and beautiful jewels belonging to Queen Victoria and her descendants on permanent display at Kensington Palace.

The Fife Tiara | The Court Jeweller
Victoria Revealed: stunning emerald jewels and the Fife tiara join Kensington Palace exhibition

The 260+ comments after the second cited article show that there are others even more obsessed with tiaras than we are. :p Priceless!

The Sussex’s visited Sir Elton John and flew back by private plane

giphy.gif

“The greatest crime of all is that we knew what we were doing – informed consent being the basis of democracy,
should we not reject informed destruction as the basis of catastrophe."

I really do wonder what Charles is thinking about this latest controversy? :confused:
He has done so much & worked so hard to highlight the importance of dealing with all these issues.

Exclusive: Prince Charles planning to add electric cars to royal fleet

Prince Charles has long been keen to make cars eco-friendly – o_O10 years ago, he converted his old Aston Martin to wine-based fuel. Now he is planning to go one step further and introduce an electric car to his fleet, The Telegraph can reveal.
TELEMMGLPICT000166321989-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqejMVNjZ2Bv6EA7I5e4mELw1vLvhkMtVb21dMmpQBfEs.jpeg

Prince Charles and Kimbal Musk with the Tesla car
The Prince of Wales has test-driven a luxurious Tesla car on his Scottish estate – and in the process made an unlikely friend in Kimbal Musk, the cowboy hat-wearing younger brother of Tesla chief executive and Silicon Valley magnate Elon.

Exclusive: Prince Charles planning to add electric cars to royal fleet

PRINCE CHARLES’S LATEST PLANET-SAVING MOVE: AN ELECTRIC JAGUAR I-PACE

HE HAS installed solar panels on royal roofs, waged war on plastic and switched to low-energy light bulbs — and now the Prince of Wales has acquired the royal family’s first electric car.

The environmentalist, who talks to his plants, will get the keys to a £60,000 Jaguar I-Pace this week.

An electric charging point has been installed at Clarence House, the prince’s London home.

The mission to use eco-friendly vehicles runs in the family. The Duke of Edinburgh regularly travelled around London in a liquid petroleum gas-powered Metrocab before retiring from public duties last year

Prince Charles's latest planet-saving move: an electric Jaguar I-Pace

I think this tiara only works with a huge 1960s updo, a ton of hairspray, and 500 hair pins. Go Margaret!! She looks great, fashionable for the times.
4ddd67649ccda6085734b127c7a79ff4--royal-tiaras-royal-crowns.jpg

Marie of Romania. Another high tower tiara.
220px-Queen_Mary_of_Romania_2.jpg

Countess of Derby in the Derby Tiara. Again, I think it's too big.
60bbdd83fef1c41e871808b895a1ced6.png

No comment :)
f52bc4b6f769a735efb14d8dd5db3dc8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads