The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge cut a typically stylish figure as she arrived at the Natural History Museum in London today.
But today the stylist suggested the Duchess had upgraded her look ...
19488860-0-image-a-6_1570621792415.jpg

The Duchess of Cambridge debuted a new blonder look today

And following her appearance, celebrity stylist James Johnson revealed ...:eek:

how Kate has opted for 'golden tones perfect for the autumn season',

19488100-7554231-image-a-3_1570621077523.jpg
Speaking of her transition from her summer look, James suggested: 'It’s a much warmer style, more stylish and suited for the cold seasons.'..
18095766-7554231-In_August_Kate_was_seen_wearing_a_more_preened_style_as_she_atte-a-16_1570632773817.jpg
It was only last month that Kate debuted a new bouncier, shorter blow-dried style...

At the time, James said Kate had
transitioned
from a more 'polished' summer look, to a more practical style with a '90s on-trend flick', and suggested that Kate appeared to be taking a leaf out of Meghan's more 'relaxed' look book. :rolleyes:

tumblr_inline_or3ftaJ61P1qebcl8_500.gifv
James suggested the royal's highlighted hair was probably the result of balayage

"Transition" :confused: ??
Bit overdramatic isn't it Jimmy?​
812px-The_Great_Red_Dragon_and_the_Woman_Clothed_with_the_Sun.jpg

“I am not a man. I began as one, but now I am becoming more than a man, as you will witness.”
- Francis Dolarhyde​
Definition of transition
  • an abrupt change in energy state or level
  • passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another :
  • a change from one form or type to another, or the process by which this happens:
Merriam Webster

;)noun: balayage
a technique for highlighting hair in which the dye is painted on in such a way as to create a graduated, natural-looking effect.

William Blake

I read culottes are in. I like her shoes so much better than stilettos. High heels are still no good but at least these are less degenerating to feet and legs and hips and spine
Oh I Agree !

I just can't stand seeing the young Royals wearing stiletto heels. They seem outdated, and part of an old fetishist view of women. I think they are just not necessary and there are lots of great heels that are a bit more demure and comfortable-looking.

But today the stylist suggested the Duchess had upgraded her look ...
19488860-0-image-a-6_1570621792415.jpg

The Duchess of Cambridge debuted a new blonder look today

And following her appearance, celebrity stylist James Johnson revealed ...:eek:

how Kate has opted for 'golden tones perfect for the autumn season',

19488100-7554231-image-a-3_1570621077523.jpg
Speaking of her transition from her summer look, James suggested: 'It’s a much warmer style, more stylish and suited for the cold seasons.'..
18095766-7554231-In_August_Kate_was_seen_wearing_a_more_preened_style_as_she_atte-a-16_1570632773817.jpg
It was only last month that Kate debuted a new bouncier, shorter blow-dried style...

At the time, James said Kate had
transitioned
from a more 'polished' summer look, to a more practical style with a '90s on-trend flick', and suggested that Kate appeared to be taking a leaf out of Meghan's more 'relaxed' look book. :rolleyes:

tumblr_inline_or3ftaJ61P1qebcl8_500.gifv
James suggested the royal's highlighted hair was probably the result of balayage

"Transition" :confused: ??
Bit overdramatic isn't it Jimmy?​
812px-The_Great_Red_Dragon_and_the_Woman_Clothed_with_the_Sun.jpg

Definition of transition
  • an abrupt change in energy state or level
  • passage from one state, stage, subject, or place to another :
  • a change from one form or type to another, or the process by which this happens:
Merriam Webster

;)noun: balayage
a technique for highlighting hair in which the dye is painted on in such a way as to create a graduated, natural-looking effect.

William Blake
Erm. I fail to see how her hair today is shorter. She has long hair. To have long hair like that takes a lot of maintenance. I do like the newer golden highlights as they are well done.

I'm pretty sure that isn't balayge. Even the best balayge I've seen looks obvious, and usually trashy.

...I like her shoes so much better than stilettos. High heels are still no good
:D
camden-rangers.jpg
...They seem outdated, and part of an old fetishist view of women. I think they are just not necessary and there are lots of great heels DMs that are a bit more demure and comfortable-looking.
:p
No self respecting British female went thru college/Uni without a pair of these
P0.jpg

Quintessentially British brands: A brief history of Dr Martens, shoes with soul

From school shoes to work wear, street fashion to high fashion, a safe way to express rebellion or a symbol of social revolution, Dr Martens boots have become part of British culture.
drmartenkids.jpg
Though there are many great brands out there, there are only a handful of quintessentially British brands that have fundamentally shaped the evolution of an era.
20191009_232646-jpg.208408
More than just a footprint on the winding road of fashion history, Dr Martens have helped to forge a range of British subcultures, permeating from the niche, to the mainstream.

Introduced to the country more than 50 years ago, Doc Martens have transformed Britain with decades of musical and style-based movements. ;)
drmarten1012.jpg

Madness, Madness they call it Madness
The company, so entwined with Britain and Britishness, actually has its origins in post-war Germany.

In 1945, a 25-year-old soldier called Dr Klaus Maertens hurt his foot while skiing. He invented a special air-cushioned sole,

Fabrikbrands

Attachments

• Tommy DMs.jpg
    Tommy DMs.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20191009_232646.jpg
    20191009_232646.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 316
The King & Queen :p of British brands in footwear

dms-jpg.208413
The History
...Despite having made its show-biz debut in the late ’60s, Dr. Martens had actually been around since the 1940s, when a doctor named Klaus Maertens...
...enlisted in the German army in his twenties, during which he broke his foot skiing...
In 1967, a man walked into a utility clothing store in the north of England,

...he might not have come across a shoe that would change his – and thousands of others’ – futures: the Dr. Martens boot. The man was Pete Townshend,

The direct impact Townshend’s endorsement had on the business was instantly visible: DMs quickly became a part of the music scene’s vernacular, appearing on musicians, gig-goers, punks, goths, hippies and skinheads....
3571773532_20eb2120d5_b.jpg

Punks and skinheads in the 1980s were rarely seen without DMs

The Rake
What's up, Doc? The enduring appeal of Dr Martens
In the rock opera Tommy, Elton John had to wear callipers that allowed him to move on his 4ft 6in (137cm) DMs as if he were on stilts
c902ac1b45a5218d1b6c531a35b99dd1.jpg
Elton John kept his giant boots after wearing them in Tommy, but sold them to the maker of Dr Martens,
BBC News

How Doc Martens became the boot of 2018

DMs are cool - again. Sabrina Carder on why it's time to invest in a pair of the 'it' footwear item

punk-jpg.208423

Anarchy in the U.K. :D

The Standard

Attachments

• DMs.jpg
    DMs.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 279
  • Punk.jpg
    Punk.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 270
Status
Not open for further replies.