DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:p Stolen Tiara Alert!
IgnorantGrizzledKob-max-1mb.gif

The Portland Tiara :D
d9879f82a2049422497f7752fbd30deb.jpg

There's nothing like a coronation to prompt a grand tiara purchase..
Cartier was commissioned in 1902 by the 6th Duke of Portland to create this tiara for his wife, Winifred, who then wore it to the 1902 coronation of King Edward VII.

Duchess-of-Portland-1615402.jpg

The Duchess was a canopy bearer for Queen Alexandra during the ceremony, and later served as her Mistress of the Robes.
The Duke provided the diamonds for the gold-mounted tiara, which took the form of scrolls with briolette and cushion-cut diamonds suspended in the middle. The grand diadem was well suited to perch on a throne of tall hair in the Edwardian fashion, and Duchess Winifred was also able to wear it in a bandeau style across her forehead when the fashions changed.

**The Portland Tiara was not among the jewels sold at auction in 2010 (along with another- the Portland Sapphire Tiara).

;) **
Obviously this was written before the theft.

Order of Splendour

Kate Middleton’s Fourth Pregnancy Confirmed? Duchess Said To Give Birth This Spring

Is Kate Middleton’s Fourth Pregnancy Confirmed?
Why are all these reports only coming from the U.S.? :confused:

The latest Press Release from The Palace media centre
3 September 2019

A message from The Queen to the people of the Bahamas

Prince Philip and I have been shocked and saddened to learn of the devastation caused by Hurricane Dorian, and we send our sincere condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost...

:cool: For Future Reference

Attachments

• Royal U.K..jpg
    Royal U.K..jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Why are all these reports only coming from the U.S.? :confused:

The latest Press Release from The Palace media centre
3 September 2019

A message from The Queen to the people of the Bahamas

Prince Philip and I have been shocked and saddened to learn of the devastation caused by Hurricane Dorian, and we send our sincere condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost...

:cool: For Future Reference

Brexit turmoil?

I wonder if Ellen is a godparent to Master Archie?
o_O I don't think there's been any reports of her here in the U.K.? She's quite well known & recognizable to a lot of people here I'd think.

Wasn't there only 20 or so supposed guests? We can probably work out the majority of them.
I still think Tiggy was one of them ;)

With the Portland Tiara mentioned it reminded me of something...
- well 2 things actually, the other I'll come back to ;)

I'd meant to post about the stolen Portland tiara! along with this other recently (2012) stolen Swedish Tiara! ( it's also still missing :( )
There was also the brazen theft of the Swedish Crown Jewels earlier this year, but these have been recovered as far as I recall?

Anyways, Princess Christina of Sweden had her tiara stolen, the guy was caught & confessed to have thrown the diadem, still in the black bag it was kept in, from the Riksbron Bridge, Stockholm :confused: into the river.
Skärmavbild-2012-06-14-kl.-13.55.55.png

Princess Christina of Sweden
Searches so far thou still haven't been able to locate it.
_sophchrtiara.jpg

Queen Sophia's Diamond and Pearl Tiara
The tiara of Princess Christina, a sister of King Carl XVI Gustaf, was made by Ribbhagen from small old cut diamonds and small pearls. It was a petite diadem, which came from Queen Sophia of Sweden and Norway (1836-1913), the wife of Oscar II...

Sophia left the tiara to her granddaughter, Elsa Cedergren (1893-1996). Elsa then gave it to her goddaughter, Princess Christina, as an 18th birthday present.
_sophchrtiara2.jpg

Young Princess Christina wearing the Diamond and Pearl Tiara!
So while watching out for the Portland Tiara! if you're anywhere near Stockholm maybe keep your eyes peeled :D
Order of Splendour
Stockholm Local

Best to you, HRH Beatrice & Count Mozzi!

Wait -- is he Mr. Mozzi, Count of Someplace, or Lord Mozzi, Count of Someplace, or since apparently his father lives on, he is Mr.? OR is he Viscount?

Yes, I am in the USA!!!
:D I don't think anyone's answered this yet?
Yes he is a Count
(in his own right as ^ yes - his father is still alive)
His full name/title is:
Count Edoardo Alessandro Mapelli-Mozzi

:cool: Soooo the other thing I was reminded of...
Going back to the last thread & the wonderful story of her Grandfather @Lilibet shared* :)

I can't be the only one who was amazed at noticing the similarity of this 'gem' made by her Grandfather's mentor Herr Elimeyer
436217_1556132771-850x550_width_50.jpg
- here's another pic I found -
436218_1556132771-850x550_width_50.jpg
To another rather infamous 'gem' ;)

fall15nl22.png

met_faberge6.jpg

- I personally think the Elimeyer Egg looks more exquisite -
Which by strange coincidence was made for none other than the inspiration for the Kokoshnik Tiara! ... Empress Maria Feodorovna
(1885) The 'Hen Egg' Created by ... Karl Fabergé :cool: it was the first of the legendary Russian Imperial Easter Eggs

- I was fascinated by these way back when just a cherub -

-
I was also curious to the date the Elimeyer Egg was made which I still need to check on but wanted to mention before getting side-tracked again - :p

This all brings me back to the current topic of stolen/missing Royal Treasures &
The Mysterious Disappearance Of The Russian Crown Jewels
Including a few of these Eggs which are still being hunted for...
The Hunt for the Lost Romanov Easter Eggs

:) Finally & to keep on topic of the British Royal Family
3 of the Eggs are now safely in the hands of HM Queen Elizabeth, also many of the Romanov jewels are held within the Royal Trust Collection which can be seen in the exhibition RUSSIA, ROYALTY & THE ROMANOVS

*Link to previous thread

Now if you were thinking 'Meh' to the idea of discovering long, lost (or not-so-long lost for the stolen tiaras!) ;) jewels & treasures you may just wanna think again...

Third Imperial Easter Egg
Easter is the most important of all Russian Orthodox festivals and it's a long-established tradition to exchange Easter eggs...

Created by Karl Fabergé from 1885 to 1916 the Eggs are his most prized creations and have become bywords of luxury and craftsmanship.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-05-at-4-38-39-AM.png

The Fabergé Egg, which is beautifully crafted and contains a Vacheron Constantin watch inside, is sitting on an elaborate, jewelled gold stand
This egg was last seen in public over 112 years ago, when it was shown in the Von Dervis Mansion exhibition of the Russian Imperial Family's Fabergé collection in St. Petersburg in March 1902.
Easter-egg-3.jpg

Von Dervis Mansion Exhibition Of The Russian Imperial Family's Faberge Collection In St. Petersburg, 1902

Designed by Karl Fabergé for Tsar Alexander III in 1887, seized by the Bolsheviks during the Russian Revolution it's fate after this point was unknown, feared it could have been melted for its gold and lost forever... :(

It was only in 2011 that Fabergé researchers discovered that the Third Imperial Egg survived the revolution,

... provenance had been unknown and so it was sold at auction on Madison Avenue, New York on 7th March 1964 as a 'Gold watch in egg form case' ...

faberge-third-imperial-egg.jpg
This discovery started a worldwide race to discover the whereabouts of the egg which was now worth tens of millions of dollars.

Is this £20 million nest-egg on your mantelpiece?

A search is under way for a Fabergé Imperial Egg, worth up to £20 million, which is believed to be in Britain but whose owners have no idea of its true identity or value.

faberge2_1971403a.jpg

Left to right, the lost egg from the 1964 catalogue; and The Cuckoo (Cockerel) Egg
The newly discovered image of the egg has prompted a frantic search by Sotheby’s to trace its whereabouts. Kieran McCarthy, a Fabergé expert from the Mayfair jeweller Wartski, said: “This is an extraordinary discovery. Identifying one of the missing Imperial eggs is incredibly exciting, and even more exciting that whoever has this piece will have no idea of its provenance and significance – nor will they know they are sitting on a royal relic which could be worth £20 million"

“There is every chance this egg is somewhere in this country, because even though it was not sold as Fabergé in the 1964"

Is this £20 million nest-egg on your mantelpiece?

...In the meantime the egg was bought in the Mid-West of America at a bric-a-brac market. The buyer lived a modest live and tried to make extra money by buying gold and selling it for its scrap metal value. When he spotted the egg, he thought he could make an easy $500, although they had to pay $14,000 for its scrap metal value.
But what had worked on many occasions, did not work this time. He had overestimated its worth and couldn’t sell it. No one spotted its potential and luckily no one offered more than the owner had paid for it, hence it was saved from the melting pot...

The egg became a financial burden to its unknowing owner. One evening in despair the owner tapped 'Egg' and 'Vacheron Constantin' into Google...

:eek: Recognising his egg in the article the owner was unable to sleep for days. He got on a plane to London to find Kieran and to show him images of the egg. Kieran was left speechless

...to confirm its identity and ensure it was not a very clever fake, he travelled to the US.

When he arrived in a small town in the Mid-West, he was shown into the kitchen of the owner’s home and presented with the egg, which was slightly smaller than the large cupcake positioned next to it.
Easter-egg-6.jpg

A Cupcake, a FABERGÉ Egg, and a kitchen work-top, somewhere in the Mid-West :p
... he confirmed that it was indeed the lost Imperial treasure. It had travelled from the hands of an Empress in the grandeur of Imperial St. Petersburg to a scrap metal dealer in modern day America.
Third Lost Imperial Egg

The £20m Fabergé egg that was almost sold for scrap
A scrap metal dealer bought an ornament to be melted down for its gold - until he read a Telegraph article revealing it to be a £20 million Fabergé egg
The £20m Fabergé egg that was almost sold for scrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member