The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to go wrong with a tiara.

It is going to be an ugly time. Will Andrew march her down the aisle? Really unfortunate

IIRC Mr. Intended has a child? Perhaps she will opt for a more private, low-key event? This couple has stayed out of the public eye, for the most part. Perhaps HRH Beatrice declines to make her life a sideshow? But say riding in that State Coach & that Landau, I would have trouble passing that up!

IIRC, Andrew insisted that HRH Eugenie's wedding be broadcast, same as HRH Harry's. Maybe that wouldn't happen again?

Best to you, HRH Beatrice & Count Mozzi!

Wait -- is he Mr. Mozzi, Count of Someplace, or Lord Mozzi, Count of Someplace, or since apparently his father lives on, he is Mr.? OR is he Viscount?

Yes, I am in the USA!!!

Info about her outfit. I really like the dog tag necklace and it's affordable.

Meghan sports J.Crew denim shirtdress and cardigan to cheer on Serena Williams at US Open Finals

The denim is a wonderful color on Meghan, imo. The dress is not super flattering, ok, maybe comfort was her goal, and wearing an American label... But the jacket, draped coat over the outfit is so mismatched, both style and color wise. —like she got swallowed up by a giant marshmallow...

Denim is quintessentially American. Work material, durable, then all out fashion for the last 50 or so years...

The ripped to shreds look is just, I don’t know, sloppy.

I love a nice denim shirt or jacket especially. I gave up my skinny jeans after 50. —Now I wear corduroy in varying weights for fall thru winter.

The denim is a wonderful color on Meghan, imo. The dress is not super flattering, ok, maybe comfort was her goal, and wearing an American label... But the jacket, draped coat over the outfit is so mismatched, both style and color wise. —like she got swallowed up by a giant marshmallow...

Denim is quintessentially American. Work material, durable, then all out fashion for the last 50 or so years...

I love a nice denim shirt or jacket especially. I gave up my skinny jeans after 50. —Now I wear corduroy in varying weights for fall thru winter.

Jeans are not comfy. Cooooooold in the cold and hot in the warm. I love corduroy!

The shredded look is in. And it is expensive, no less. Whoever thought of that must be laughing hysterically.

Meghan does not look like she has lost her pregnancy weight. She looks thick around the middle. I wish I could be so thick, however.

A difference compared to Kate who is micro.

It is going to be an ugly time. Will Andrew march her down the aisle? Really unfortunate
Isn't the rumor that the wedding will be held in Italy (where the groom is from), that Ferguson is already out scouting venues, and that Prince Andrew is being discouraged from participating

If is it in a foreign country the speculation was that The Royal Family would not all have to make an appearance, especially HR The Queen and Prince Philip.

Yeah. There are great colored denim jeans that don't look like jeans and I wear them as dress pants for work. Gray, maroon, brown, dk green , khaki all work really well when the denim fabric is a solid dye color.

I agree about the gray coat not going with the denim. I thought I saw she was wearing a camel-colored coat when she arrived in NYC

Meghan is criticized for wearing designer clothes. Now she is criticized for wearing an $188 dress.

I have always been amazed at the derision of jeans. What are they, the cloth of the devil?
It's not the cost of it. It not even to do with 'fashion' as such.

O.k. I will try to explain the bigger picture :confused: lol

As a member of the Royal Family any 'Duchess' wearing such an outfit to attending a public event would be deemed totally inappropriate here in Britain.

Whatever opinion of the rest of the world has of our whole Monarchy believe it or not, it is still well respected by a huge majority of the population.
This, I guess, is mainly due to public support for the Queen, who throughout her reign has undoubtedly earned this patriotic loyalty.
These expected standards she herself has set, as such by ignoring them (which seemingly is becoming rather frequently, this is really the main issue :cool: ) then it is taken to be disrespectful.

... earning the “Duchess” title comes with a whole lot of responsibilities, with acting politically correct in public, dressing adequately to social events and respecting the Queen’s fashion guidelines.

:p Not quite the cloth of the devil but close, the wearing denim is 'frowned upon' :) & actually banned in a lot of the better-class type of places in the U.K. (& particularly disliked by the older generation).
So whether Meghan realised it or not it does look to be a not-so-subtle dig.

But regardless by now as a titled, paid, full-time representative of the Royal Family she really should've made herself aware of these things. That she hasn't bothered or just doesn't care that in itself is insulting.

And this basically is what it boils down to ... this is all a part of our British culture, that deep-down, subconsciously many of us are actually quite proud of.

85b71d8387ab4b06d33a0d66eb3da5fa.gif
:D Whilst from the outside this all may seem trivial & petty the one thing that always rattles the British public to evoke this defensiveness is when what is perceived even the slightest of attacks is felt towards our Queen.;)
200dede7be2fbdb82109746db168ad61.jpg

Her Majesty The Queen

:rolleyes: Anyone NOT see where all this is heading?
giphy.gif

By royal disappointment: Meghan and Harry’s behaviour is undermining the monarchy

The younger generation’s behaviour is undermining the Crown

August on Royal Deeside. Soft rain falls without cease on the Caledonian pine forests...

One has taken peaceful refuge here every summer since one was one. However, one’s tranquillity is being tested this year, most sorely...

Inside Balmoral Castle, in the canyons of my mind, a 93-year-old woman switches on both bars of the electric fire in her sitting room and shivers as she buttons up the cardigan of her twinset. For HM the Queen is feeling a distinct chill in the air that has nothing to do with the weather;

..As several of her children and grandchildren continue to disport themselves like the entitled spawn of a dodgy Eurotrash autocrat, perhaps she must be asking herself: is any of this my fault?

Recent newspaper headlines and strident television bulletins will have made uncomfortable reading and viewing for the Queen during her annual holiday at Balmoral...

A woman and a monarch who has always chosen decent but unfashionable causes and charities to champion; a stalwart figurehead who has never ridden a bandwagon nor embraced a voguish cause just to harvest some chic credibility with the fast set.

In 67 years on the throne the Queen has managed to avoid the greasy clutches of conmen and the siren call of celebrity, always following her own wise counsel instead.
Yet some of the younger members just will not heed her gold standards of propriety, through wilful arrogance...

Taken individually, these inglorious instances on the York-Sussex-Tindall axis would be bad enough. Together they form a storm front of folly and greed; a mutual lack of judgment...

This brings us to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, whose every move seems fraught with controversy and hullabaloo, as they continue to move around the fleshpots of Europe like two fugitives on a witness protection programme.:D

The problem is that Harry and Meghan can’t have it both ways, and everyone can see that except them. Their refusal to choose between a taxpayer-funded life and a private life is at the root of all the current tensions and the endless disparaging headlines..

‘We had a garden party to celebrate Harry and Meghan’s wedding,’ a Daily Mail reader wrote to me recently. ‘Now I wouldn’t go to the end of the street to see them.’ And it is clear that many feel the same way. Never in the course of royal history has so much public goodwill been squandered so quickly and so thoughtlessly,

..Her Majesty’s unflagging popularity over the decades stems from her insistence that the Crown must always come before the person. While she is in charge, the public understand in their bones that in any conflict between her ego and national duty, the Crown will always win. That is one reason why there is so much trust and affection in our mutual relationship

by Royal Disappointment

:p Now we need some sparkle!
ApdB.gif

I don’t think Beatrice is engaged...

But it’s never too early to check out tiaras :D
;) Note: Article from 9 hours ago.

Princess Beatrice wedding: Is Princess Beatrice about to announce her engagement?

The oldest daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, Beatrice is thought to be completely smitten with a multi-millionaire property developer. Is Princess Beatrice about to announce her engagement?

..Despite this, rumours are circulating the pair could be married by as early next year - and the bookmakers are certainly confident.

*Ladbrokes have now suspended betting on Princess Beatrice getting married next year.*

That is always a huge give-away :D

Princess Beatrice wedding: Is Princess Beatrice about to announce her engagement? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

:rolleyes: Anyone NOT see where all this is heading?
giphy.gif

By royal disappointment: Meghan and Harry’s behaviour is undermining the monarchy

The younger generation’s behaviour is undermining the Crown

August on Royal Deeside. Soft rain falls without cease on the Caledonian pine forests...

One has taken peaceful refuge here every summer since one was one. However, one’s tranquillity is being tested this year, most sorely...

Inside Balmoral Castle, in the canyons of my mind, a 93-year-old woman switches on both bars of the electric fire in her sitting room and shivers as she buttons up the cardigan of her twinset. For HM the Queen is feeling a distinct chill in the air that has nothing to do with the weather;

..As several of her children and grandchildren continue to disport themselves like the entitled spawn of a dodgy Eurotrash autocrat, perhaps she must be asking herself: is any of this my fault?

Recent newspaper headlines and strident television bulletins will have made uncomfortable reading and viewing for the Queen during her annual holiday at Balmoral...

A woman and a monarch who has always chosen decent but unfashionable causes and charities to champion; a stalwart figurehead who has never ridden a bandwagon nor embraced a voguish cause just to harvest some chic credibility with the fast set.

In 67 years on the throne the Queen has managed to avoid the greasy clutches of conmen and the siren call of celebrity, always following her own wise counsel instead.
Yet some of the younger members just will not heed her gold standards of propriety, through wilful arrogance...

Taken individually, these inglorious instances on the York-Sussex-Tindall axis would be bad enough. Together they form a storm front of folly and greed; a mutual lack of judgment...

This brings us to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, whose every move seems fraught with controversy and hullabaloo, as they continue to move around the fleshpots of Europe like two fugitives on a witness protection programme.:D

The problem is that Harry and Meghan can’t have it both ways, and everyone can see that except them. Their refusal to choose between a taxpayer-funded life and a private life is at the root of all the current tensions and the endless disparaging headlines..

‘We had a garden party to celebrate Harry and Meghan’s wedding,’ a Daily Mail reader wrote to me recently. ‘Now I wouldn’t go to the end of the street to see them.’ And it is clear that many feel the same way. Never in the course of royal history has so much public goodwill been squandered so quickly and so thoughtlessly,

..Her Majesty’s unflagging popularity over the decades stems from her insistence that the Crown must always come before the person. While she is in charge, the public understand in their bones that in any conflict between her ego and national duty, the Crown will always win. That is one reason why there is so much trust and affection in our mutual relationship

by Royal Disappointment

:p Now we need some sparkle!
ApdB.gif
The monarchy still rests safely in the hands of Prince Charles and Prince William.

Both of them who, I think , are conservative enough and obeysant to the rituals and protocol of English royalty

I think there will be a lot of press made of Harry and Markle, but if they continue on their course that has the appearance of one self-centered disaster after another, will be much diminished in their presence and relegated to being continuous tabloid fodder.

And that will only add to their consternation when trying oh so hard to be Woke

If Princess Beatrice is getting married I hope the tax payers won’t be forking out millions of pounds for security to manage non-existent crowds like what happened at Princess Eugenie’s wedding. That was such a waste of public money.

I am only bringing this up because the Queen and Prince Philip have not always been seen as circumspect.

It was rumored that Philip had many outside interests as well it was rumored that so did the Queen.

I do not want to go on and on about this but it appears the British have short memories?

I don't understand why Harry and Meghan can't just stay home, raise kids, have a dog, and show up at a few homeless shelters once in awhile, or disabled veteran centers.

The more they work on "doing" things, I think that it will erode their relationship. They should pick one or two things, like Diana worked with people who had AIDS, and children who were maimed by landmines. Anyway, pick one or two things, Harry is already involved with disabled veterans. And focus on those causes, and be happy.

Jaunting off, here and there, constantly isn't going to help their marriage much. When William and Kate were married, William worked, Kate stayed home, they lived a fairly simple life for years. And out of the media presence. I think that was helpful for them.

I don't understand why Harry and Meghan can't just stay home, raise kids, have a dog, and show up at a few homeless shelters once in awhile, or disabled veteran centers.

The more they work on "doing" things, I think that it will erode their relationship. They should pick one or two things, like Diana worked with people who had AIDS, and children who were maimed by landmines. Anyway, pick one or two things, Harry is already involved with disabled veterans. And focus on those causes, and be happy.

Jaunting off, here and there, constantly isn't going to help their marriage much. When William and Kate were married, William worked, Kate stayed home, they lived a fairly simple life for years. And out of the media presence. I think that was helpful for them.

As one of a couple who is involved in causes, we have been married since 1973. My husband has the ones that he is most suited for and I have mine. We are able to provide support for each other. There is no way that I could enjoy life without contributing to community.

Meghan and Harry have each been contributors. They have the ability to do much.

In Minnesota we had our super rich Governor, Mark Dayton. His family started Target stores and owned Dayton Hudson as well.

His father told the family that to people that much is given, much is expected.

It seems like Harry feels that way.

Here is a quote from Theodore Roosevelt.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

As one of a couple who is involved in causes, we have been married since 1973. My husband has the ones that he is most suited for and I have mine. We are able to provide support for each other. There is no way that I could enjoy life without contributing to community.

Meghan and Harry have each been contributors. They have the ability to do much.

In Minnesota we had our super rich Governor, Mark Dayton. His family started Target stores and owned Dayton Hudson as well.

His father told the family that to people that much is given, much is expected.

It seems like Harry feels that way.

Here is a quote from Theodore Roosevelt.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

That is great. They should be involved in causes...but they are newly married, recently had a baby. Maybe spending a few years, working on causes closer to home, and focusing on their relationship would be a better plan.

C24340C7-EE36-4ADC-B0F8-BD6FA0AC8BD0.jpeg D62C4248-6B4B-4E9B-9DCC-9BC41B307EAD.jpeg 80D56220-33D6-4F93-ACB2-41A995C58BA6.jpeg

Buckingham Palace staff are forewarned about how members of the royal family will be depicted in The Crown so they can 'brace themselves' for the show, a writer has revealed.

The Netflix series' creator Peter Morgan, 56, told the Times he gives four briefings a year to 'people who are very high ranking and very active' within the 'organisation'.

He said: 'Respectfully, I tell them what I have in mind and they brace themselves slightly.'

Buckingham Palace forewarned about how members of the royal family portrayed in The Crown | Daily Mail Online

Apparently Her Majesty finds the show “mildly entertaining” but did not like how Prince Philip was portrayed as a Father. Her Majesty has said she does not have the time to watch every episode.

Photos are from the new season of the crown starting in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy